Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 688228 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7905 on: November 03, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

Your own numbers demonstrate the deficit decreasing massively during Clinton's presidency. The debt itself will always go up if we aren't running a surplus to pay it due to interest. That's what a surplus is, not having a deficit.

What? The debt increased every year Clinton was president. There were no surplusses -- only deficits during Clinton's 8 years.

Okay is this guy trollin?

Definitely trolling. Two posts before that one he admitted that the debt did decrease.
Plus, he selectively choose to answer my ridiculous argument instead of the others.
Hey, Still applies!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »

That was the Democrats fault, because they controlled congress. Haven't you learnt that the fault always lies with whichever branch of government is currently controlled by the Democrats? And any good news is clearly due to whichever branch of government is controlled by the Republicans.

Reagan deficit - purely the fault of Democrats in congress.

Reagan tax cuts - purely due to Reagan's great thinking.
Reagan Arms buildup / outpacing the Soviets - also no thanks to congress and their deficit.

See how easy it is when you learn the correct way of thinking?

I would like to add that the Democrats took over both the House and the Senate at the beginning of Bush's 7th year. That's the year that Obama became a Senator. At that time unemplyment was low and budget deficits were low. Aroung the 9th month of Bush's 7th year, the stock market hit an all time high -- not a 52-week high or 10-year high -- but an all-time high. Since the stock market is supposed to predict the economy about 6-months in advance, the economy was looking very good when the Dems took over Congress. The huge deficits run up during Bush's last two years were done by a Democratically-controlled Congress of which Obama was a member. Obama voted for the budgets those two years and then accused Bush of running up the budget deficts. Just sayin'.

Your "just sayin'" is clearly delusional if you think the Democrats being in control of the Congress for 6 months caused the entire Credit Crisis. By the time the crisis was really starting in mid 2007, they were still working off the last years 100% Republican-passed budget.

That crisis was years in the making, and much of it can be directly linked back to legislation drawn up and passed by Republicans.

Markets ALWAYS hit a peak just before the crash. That's why they're called "bubbles". Excessively high prices are unsustainable, stock markets LEAP up due to fraudulent "on paper" company values. the market peaks, then reality sinks in, and everything collapses.

===

Also, you're contradicting yourself, since you're saying the deficits in the late Bush years were Congress' fault, but you now absolve Congress of any fault and blame the President. it's that same shifty logic I was talking about.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:39:26 pm by Reelya »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: November 03, 2012, 09:31:26 pm »

So, speaking of asinine lines of thought: How China came to own the US, the political ad. Featuring: Inaccurate and racist portrayal of Chinese as 'others' who are out to take us over.

This is the group who brought it to my local airwaves: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Citizens_Against_Government_Waste The 'Citizens against government waste' group, [to quote sourcewatch] "Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) is non-profit group that has campaigned on behalf of the tobacco industry and in favour of Microsoft and against open source software."

Also; founded by a man named J. Peter Grace, a man who "was involved in Project Paperclip -- a post World War II CIA arrangement to remove classified information from dossiers so that former SS members and 900+ Nazi scientists could emigrate to the U. S. Hundreds of war criminals would find employment within government agencies and companies such as W.R. Grace chemical company whose president was J. Peter Grace."

Ah, I love America.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 09:37:36 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: November 03, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »

Fucking Democrats, buying consoles and ruining everything for everyone.
They need SOMETHING to use on those 90" HDTVs they looted in the wake of the Hurricane. Otherwise what good is redistributing the wealth?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: November 03, 2012, 09:40:23 pm »

That was the Democrats fault, because they controlled congress. Haven't you learnt that the fault always lies with whichever branch of government is currently controlled by the Democrats? And any good news is clearly due to whichever branch of government is controlled by the Republicans.

Reagan deficit - purely the fault of Democrats in congress.

Reagan tax cuts - purely due to Reagan's great thinking.
Reagan Arms buildup / outpacing the Soviets - also no thanks to congress and their deficit.

See how easy it is when you learn the correct way of thinking?

I would like to add that the Democrats took over both the House and the Senate at the beginning of Bush's 7th year. That's the year that Obama became a Senator. At that time unemplyment was low and budget deficits were low. Aroung the 9th month of Bush's 7th year, the stock market hit an all time high -- not a 52-week high or 10-year high -- but an all-time high. Since the stock market is supposed to predict the economy about 6-months in advance, the economy was looking very good when the Dems took over Congress. The huge deficits run up during Bush's last two years were done by a Democratically-controlled Congress of which Obama was a member. Obama voted for the budgets those two years and then accused Bush of running up the budget deficts. Just sayin'.

Your "just sayin'" is clearly delusional if you think the Democrats being in control of the Congress for 6 months caused the entire Credit Crisis. By the time the crisis was really starting in mid 2007, they were still working off the last years 100% Republican-passed budget.

That crisis was years in the making, and much of it can be directly linked back to legislation drawn up and passed by Republicans.

Markets ALWAYS hit a peak just before the crash. That's why they're called "bubbles".

For four straight years. the Dems controlled both the House and Senate. During the 1st two, Obama was a Senator. During the 2nd two, he was President. Six years later, Obama is still blaming the Republicans.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: November 03, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »

So, speaking of asinine lines of thought: How China came to own the US, the political ad. Featuring: Inaccurate and racist portrayal of Chinese as 'others' who are out to take us over.

This is the group who brought it to my local airwaves: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Citizens_Against_Government_Waste The 'Citizens against government waste' group, [to quote sourcewatch] "Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW) is non-profit group that has campaigned on behalf of the tobacco industry and in favour of Microsoft and against open source software."

Also; founded by a man named J. Peter Grace, a man who "was involved in Project Paperclip -- a post World War II CIA arrangement to remove classified information from dossiers so that former SS members and 900+ Nazi scientists could emigrate to the U. S. Hundreds of war criminals would find employment within government agencies and companies such as W.R. Grace chemical company whose president was J. Peter Grace."

Ah, I love America.
My favorite part of that video is how it looks like he has a lollipop stick sticking out of his mouth 50% of the time.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: November 03, 2012, 09:44:23 pm »

For four straight years. the Dems controlled both the House and Senate. During the 1st two, Obama was a Senator. During the 2nd two, he was President. Six years later, Obama is still blaming the Republicans.
Wait, this explains everything.  Kon is actually from 2016.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: November 03, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »

Hey Kon, do us a favor and send us the stock market printouts from the last four years and two months.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: November 03, 2012, 09:49:32 pm »

Probably a time traveler come to save us from the 2012 Mayan Obamacalypse.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »

Hey Kon, do us a favor and send us the stock market printouts from the last four years and two months.

And the winning lottery numbers!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:57 pm »

Even if he is a troll, it isn't very conductive to the mood in this thread if you guys just jump all over him the whole time, especially since people who are republicans and aren't trolls may feel discouraged from posting here (even more then they already are). Just ignore him.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: November 03, 2012, 09:52:48 pm »

Six years ago Obama became a Senator and the Democrats took over both the House and Senate.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: November 03, 2012, 09:54:31 pm »

http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/topics/the-republican-roots-of-the-subprime-crisis?page=1&commentId=6450411%3AComment%3A135980&x=1#6450411Comment135980

This explain why we still blame the Republicans:

It was the Gramm Leach Bliley Act that allowed banks to deal in mortgage-backed securities. Without passage of the GLBA by a Republican-controlled Congress, the subprime mess couldn't have happened. Chief architect of the GLBA? John McCain's economic adviser, Phil Gramm. Yes, that Phil Gramm. The GLBA was passed on a vote split along party lines (John McCain voted "aye," by the way).
^ Created by Republicans, voted FOR by Republicans, directly and solely caused the subprime mortgage crash to crash the ENTIRE economy, rather than a localized problem.

In 2002, the President issued America's Homeownership Challenge to increase first-time minority homeowners by 5.5 million through 2010. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage program is an important tool for reaching that goal. In 2006, 31 percent of those using FHA mortgages were minorities purchasing their first home. The 2008 Budget continues Administration efforts to modernize FHA by improving its ability to reach traditionally underserved homebuyers (aka those who do not normally qualify for loans), such as low- and moderate-income families, individuals with blemished credit, and families who have little savings for a down payment.
^"first home" was defined as not having owned a home within the last 5 years, and you could even get a loan with a bad credit rating and you never got your act together for a downpayment, something which was purely a Bush Administration idea. Also, minorities are more at risk of losing their jobs in a recession.

From a freaking BUSH SPEECH:
One of the barriers to homeownership is the inability to make a downpayment. And if one of the goals is to increase homeownership, it makes sense to help people pay that downpayment.

... And let me talk about some of the progress which we have made to date, as an example for others to follow. First of all, government sponsored corporations that help create our mortgage system -- I introduced two of the leaders here today -- they call those people Fannie May and Freddie Mac, as well as the federal home loan banks, will increase their commitment to minority markets by more than $440 billion. (Applause.) I want to thank Leland and Franklin for that commitment. It's a commitment that conforms to their charters, as well, and also conforms to their hearts.

This means they will purchase more loans made by banks after Americans, Hispanics and other minorities, which will encourage homeownership. Freddie Mac will launch 25 initiatives to eliminate homeownership barriers. Under one of these, consumers with poor credit will be able to get a mortgage with an interest rate that automatically goes down after a period of consistent payments.
^ Bush suckering poor people into getting variable-rate mortgages.
Speaking at the National Association of Home Builders' annual convention, Commissioner Weicher indicated that the proposal, part of HUD's Fiscal Year 2005 budget request, would eliminate the statutory requirement of a minimum three percent down payment for FHA-insured single-family mortgages for first-time homebuyers.
^ Bush eliminating statutory downpayments on mortgages.
President Bush's "America's Home Ownership Challenge" pushed the private lending sector (as well as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) to make more than 5.5 million new minority and low income mortgage loans. To meet his challenge to the private lending industry, twenty four of our largest banking and lending companies pledged to make 1.1 trillion dollars in low income and minority loans. Bush's "America's Home Ownership Challenge" pushed private lenders to "create more creative" loan products, and encouraged them to "loosen underwriting standards." In the Bush press release "A Home of Your Own EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL AMERICANS, PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH JUNE 2002", the administration even pushed Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to increase the capital available for such loans--
^ Bush whipping industry to reduce underwriting standards on mortgages.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:03:50 pm by Reelya »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: November 03, 2012, 09:57:31 pm »

If China want's to take over the U.S, I feel sorry for China.

Not because it's impossible they'd win, but because I think America would ingest their culture and shit it out on the sidewalk in front of their house. Not to mention they'd seriously over extend themselves and the U.S would never ever ever submit to foriegn rule of any sort. China is a center culture, but we are too. There would be way to many repercussions of taking over the U.S fiscally or politically or militarily or whatever.

China doesn't want to take over the U.S. They're happy having another stick to drive us around with, they don't want the responsibility of holding our leash.

I also wonder why China suddenly went from a purposful wreck of an economy to a techie powerhouse in ~20 years. Maybe to keep up with Japan? I've noticed the big powers seem to move west, and the only place west of the U.S is East Asia. Japan could well be the next centre of Learning, if they aren't already. Lucky us, to have them as our national Girlfriend.I suppose it could be China too, but they don't seem the type. South Korea? Nah, too much Starcraft. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:46 pm »

My favorite part of that video is how it looks like he has a lollipop stick sticking out of his mouth 50% of the time.

It feels like they were trying their hardest to make him seem like an anime bad guy.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 714