Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721166 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8565 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:00 am »

not that it matters at this pint
Been doing an election drinking game?  :P
Soaplent green is goblins!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:26 am »

Dear Obama,

<3
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:32 am »

I know people don't like looking like idiots, but given the current trends in florida why don't they go ahead and call it for obama?

Everyone is still gun-shy after 2000... Florida has since been viewed with severe skepticism as if the numbers they get from there are just completely made up until a few days later. I can understand, somewhat. 2000 WAS a huge embarrassment for everyone involved... media-wise. But calling Ohio while not calling Florida when Florida has a wider margin, well, that is somewhat silly.

Also the Florida absentee ballots should all be counted in already. They were supposed to have ARRIVED by today... not simply mailed. If they haven't arrived yet, then they're too late. They're also done on the same computer read ballots as the early voting was done on so it should simply be a matter of running stacks of them through the computer ballot counters. Those aren't the quickest things in the world, but noting that they've been trickling in over the past few weeks, it's not like they have to count them all tonight.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:39 am »

Oh, is weed in Colorado a 21 thing? That makes sense. For some reason nobody ever seems to mention the age restrictions in their legalization frenzy. I guess it'll be as hard to get as liquor now, i.e. not hard at all.

Colorado now treats Marijuana like alcohol. It is Illegal to be caught driving under the influence (though they haven't really set a standard for that yet) and plans are to tax it as much as possible.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: November 07, 2012, 12:49:44 am »

BBC says Romney to speak shortly, I hope so, I wanna hear Obama already!

I'm thinking that a lot of old people will be home depressed instead of coming in to their appointments at my job tomorrow.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: November 07, 2012, 12:50:23 am »

meh, i don't drink(much)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: November 07, 2012, 12:50:51 am »

I've spent more time waiting for the speeches then following the election at this point.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:34 am »

Yeah, MSNBC says Romney's conceding in about 4 minutes.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:01 am »

Am I the only one that failed to have a solid election day drunk going?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:46 am »

Yeah, MSNBC says Romney's conceding in about 4 minutes.

Who wants to bet he's actually doubling down?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: November 07, 2012, 12:54:20 am »

Oh, is weed in Colorado a 21 thing? That makes sense. For some reason nobody ever seems to mention the age restrictions in their legalization frenzy. I guess it'll be as hard to get as liquor now, i.e. not hard at all.

Colorado now treats Marijuana like alcohol. It is Illegal to be caught driving under the influence (though they haven't really set a standard for that yet) and plans are to tax it as much as possible.
I wish I could see the faces of every drug dealer who gets their face smashed into the asphalt for selling weed illegally. Now that the state can make money on it, they are going to take such things mighty seriously.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55:01 am »

I've heard it's a lot more difficult to test whether someone's high right that moment since blood tests vary due to THC staying in your system for so long, and everything else is way less reliable. It's going to be interesting to see how they solve that.

Personally, if a police officer thinks I'm high and asks me for a blood test I'm just going to concede on the spot even if I'm not high. I hope they find a way that doesn't provoke such a common phobia. It'd be like testing someone's intoxication with spiders.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: November 07, 2012, 12:55:58 am »

Romneys up.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:05 am »

I wish I could see the faces of every drug dealer who gets their face smashed into the asphalt for selling weed illegally. Now that the state can make money on it, they are going to take such things mighty seriously.
Yes, and It will be gloriously earning money for education and other social projects.

You can see why it was controversial.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:15 am »

Romney is speaking!

Big cheers for Paul Ryan.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 714