Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717447 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8670 on: November 07, 2012, 04:18:24 am »

You gonna run the 2016 thread, guv?

Well, if any of us are still here in three years, you know who to call.

I probably would have said something like that in 2008, so who knows.  Christ I feel old all of a sudden.
I hope I'm around here for the next one. My 3rd election cycle while on Bay12. Goodness, that would be grand

My Elite Liberal college erupted in cheers as soon as Obama reached 270 electoral votes on the Huffington Post map. There was dancing in the woods, singing, and few explosions. Good result in my opinion, though I expected his re-election from the time this thread began.

Is there a source for Puerto Rico becoming a state? I've been googling around and have only found articles about how they're going to have a vote soon.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: November 07, 2012, 04:21:34 am »

Michelle and Biden's wife look good together too. haha

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: November 07, 2012, 04:23:00 am »

Not gonna lie, I would Dr. Biden.

Oh, and Fox is having infighting already.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: November 07, 2012, 04:33:17 am »

I'm surprised people ever doubted that this would go to Obama.  I remember most people here laughing at how ridiculous the republican primaries were and deciding before they were halfway over that none of their candidates stood a chance.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: November 07, 2012, 04:35:25 am »

Is FOX united in their infighting? lol

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:10 am »

http://www.ceepur.org/REYDI_NocheDelEvento/index.html#en/default/OPCIONES_NO_TERRITORIALES_ISLA.xml
Yes, but I saw that that's only ~61% of the people who voted for 'change' rather than 'status quo', which was itself about 60-40. Which does that result count as, 60% or 36%?

I would think this would be bigger news.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: November 07, 2012, 04:45:47 am »

Anyone remember Allen West?

It looks like he might have narrowly lost his seat, maybe. MSNBC's election coverage is showing 100% of votes accounted for and Murphy ahead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Michelle Bachmann's race is also close but she's got a lead and counted votes are at 98%

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Source: http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2012/all/house/#.UJosKIYuOUl (11/7/2012 4:43 AM ET)
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33:59 am »

Anyway... libertarianism in America is really frightening me.  It's steadily expanding, and it seems to me like its approach to any problem is to amplify the source of the problem until it reaches critical mass and the ensuing explosion shifts us into an alternate dimension.

Tough luck. Piggy bank is going bust. Liberalism is dying out, but it's going out on a binge like there's no tomorrow. Next up, the Fiscal Cliff. You've got nothing to celebrate today. The fact is, all your goodies are about to end. Forget the government helping you with student loans. $16 trillion debt.

Take what money you probably make each year. Now you're making that much money each second of your life. Now live until age 70. That's what $16 trillion looks like, and it's going to increase dramatically in four years. America has succumbed to the parasites that only wanted goodies and hated productive people.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36:22 am »

America has succumbed to the parasites that only wanted goodies and hated productive people.

Are you serious kid?

No, really, are you serious or really that much of a moron?

Tell me how you aren't a parasite like the people you claim are, and make your case, because as far as I am aware you're part of the problem in our country.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:38:24 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: November 07, 2012, 05:37:23 am »

I dunno, how else would you describe the DoD?

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: November 07, 2012, 05:38:29 am »

Are you serious kid?

Get you dat EBT and dat free contraceptives, kid. I'm 30 years old and employed in a multinational in China. You need to graduate college and get a real job.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: November 07, 2012, 05:41:27 am »

I'm 41 years old and an ex civil engineer, so you can go fuck yourself my friend. I'm tired of trash like you spewing vitriol and thinking you're right. I'm a conservative and I vehemently disagree with everything you have to say, so I think that means you should take a look at how ideologically insane and out of touch you are with, well, anything.

Show me that you're not a parasite like
the parasites that only wanted goodies and hated productive people.
And I'll take back what i've said, but get a goddamn grip.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:47:02 am by Mictlantecuhtli »

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:06 am »

I'm 41 years old and an ex civil engineer, so you can go fuck yourself my friend. I'm tired of trash like you spewing vitriol and thinking you're right. I'm a conservative and I vehemently disagree with everything you have to say, so I think that means you should take a look at how ideologically insane and out of touch you are with, well, anything.

You disagree that the debt is $16 trillion and there's a breaking point somewhere when the interest keeps mounting? That's insightful. Do continue.

Let me clue you right now, the end of the war in Iraq did nothing to help the deficit and the end of the war in Afghanistan won't, either. It's not the DoD growing larger, which is just 19% of the budget. It's the entitlements and goodies that are about 60% of the budget and growing.

And why do I have to personally account for myself when there are facts, not a personal issue, to be discussed? I live in China. I use Chinese services. How could I get anything from the American government here? I mean, theoretically, I could collect Social Security, if you really believe that it will exist in 40 years. Hahah!

The goodies are going bye bye. Have one last round on the house.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:51:24 am by Trollheiming »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52:31 am »

You disagree that the debt is $16 trillion and there's a breaking point somewhere when the interest keeps mounting? That's insightful. Do continue.

You'd think someone college educated wouldn't instantly pull a strawman out of his ass to start an arguement with a fiscal conservative.

Let me clue you right now, the end of the war in Iraq did nothing to help the deficit and the end of the war in Afghanistan won't, either. It's not the DoD growing larger, which is just 19% of the budget. It's the entitlements and goodies that are about 60% of the budget and growing.

Cute. And what is your plan to cut entitlements and goodies without effecting the poor and the elderly who do rely on those things, after they pay into them via taxes? And when you reform these programs so that people cannot get access to Medicare/Medicaid/Food Stamps more readily [lowering the costs due to less people being helped], will you lower their taxes across the board to compensate for less services? And social security taxes, too. Because they would otherwise be paying into a system that does nothing for them.

How do you think a modern society exists? Through throwing the weak and the less of luck under the bus? No, it's a social contract between all of us, especially here in a country that call itself a democracy, to atleast not look the other way while others suffer.

I've seen a massive increase in people with a 'throw them away' attide akin to yours in the Republican world, and it scares me. We used to call people like you selfish pricks, but I guess that ran out of style long ago.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:59:08 am by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 714