Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720980 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #9885 on: November 26, 2012, 11:37:52 pm »

-.-

God. Dammit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: November 27, 2012, 12:38:30 am »

Media Matters:

Fox invited Tom Ricks on the air Monday morning to talk about their Benghazi conspiracy theories. 90 seconds later, Ricks destroyed Fox's argument, accused the network of operating as a wing of the Republican Party, and was cut off prematurely.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: November 27, 2012, 02:42:52 am »

Is it me or you americans have finally reached the point when your ridiculously silly long election campaign wrap around and you're now in a state of permanent campaign? I cannot wait to see candidates for 2020 battle for airtime agains those for 2016.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: November 27, 2012, 02:49:39 am »

We do our politics like we do our holidays. Violently corporatized and extending successively longer periods as attempts to monetize reach greater heights.

Remember, Sheb: The founding reason for th'USA was to make more money. Everything else we say and extend as platitudes beyond that? Generally an outright lie, on the net. Follow the money, m'fellow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:28 am »

Someone like him could never win. Santorum running guarantees a Democrat victory.

What's it like in your alternative universe where bad candidates never win elections?
It's following current demographic trends.

Of course, as Dan Savage so elegantly pointed out, don't joke. There could have been a terrorist attack, or a hurrican, or something unpredictable, that would put Rick Santorum in the white house. So, do, not, vote for him.
Um...we had a hurricane. It interrupted the Republican National Convention, remember?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: November 27, 2012, 04:19:40 am »

Rick Santorum could run for president many times before he becomes too old to be a conceivable candidate. He's only 54.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:38:26 am by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: November 27, 2012, 06:34:18 am »

Is it me or you americans have finally reached the point when your ridiculously silly long election campaign wrap around and you're now in a state of permanent campaign? I cannot wait to see candidates for 2020 battle for airtime agains those for 2016.
Depending on what the campaigning looks like, a state of permanent campaigning can be a good thing: It draws the public's attention to politics and - to some degree - keeps politicians to say one thing before the election and another thing afterwards. That's not really how it is in the US, though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: November 27, 2012, 07:18:53 am »

I found it kinda funny how a hurricane managed to land on the city hosting of the Republican convention, on the day of the convention, and yet the religious nutjobs STILL thought it was because there were too many gays. Logic would dictate that perhaps, if god's wrath was real, he might just be targeting it at someone, yes? Possibly the very prominent event which was occuring where the hurricane hit?

Nah, it must be those gays all over the country. That's why god hit the Republicans convention with a hurricane.
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:01 am »

I found it kinda funny how a hurricane managed to land on the city hosting of the Republican convention, on the day of the convention, and yet the religious nutjobs STILL thought it was because there were too many gays. Logic would dictate that perhaps, if god's wrath was real, he might just be targeting it at someone, yes? Possibly the very prominent event which was occuring where the hurricane hit?

Nah, it must be those gays all over the country. That's why god hit the Republicans convention with a hurricane.
I think you're both right.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: November 27, 2012, 09:44:30 am »

Hmm, but this conflicts with the theory that the most militant homophobes are in the closet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:16 am »

Someone like him could never win. Santorum running guarantees a Democrat victory.

Well...him running in the primaries doesn't mean that. But him being the Republican Candidate certainly does. Provided the country doesn't take a drastic turn for the stupid in the next four years, anyway.
I'm going to agree, it is very possible for Santorum to win the Republican Primary.  Cause there are not jobs who would still support him.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: November 27, 2012, 12:13:36 pm »

It's only page 200 for me.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: November 27, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Presumably to punish folks for not getting the job done.

More realistically, from the divine wrath perspective, hurricanes are proof that god hates people near coastlines. More accurately, natural disasters in general are proof that god hates idiots (who live in major risk areas) and poor structural engineers and/or the people who acquire their services. Maybe YHWH's a bit of a... what would you call it, geocist? Geographist? Bigot who's bigoted against people that live in certain geographical areas. Not nations, mind. Like, someone that hates everyone that lives in coniferous forests or in flood plains or somethin'. Like dat, yeah.

... does that actually have a word?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: November 27, 2012, 04:22:00 pm »

Let's just lock the thread right here and it can be the devil's thread.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: November 27, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 714