Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16149 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
[Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:22:26 pm »

Take the role of a dark god and shape the fate of a nightmarish realm. Reservations while you think of a character allowed. 6 players max, waitlist available but not especially likely to be used.

The exact number of turns of this game has not been decided, and will likely be measured through completing several objectives rather than a fixed number.

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Epochs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:42:05 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:22:44 pm »

CURRENT PANTHEON

Derm, God of Chaos, Matter, and Energy [dermonster]

The Pantheon, God of Life, Randomness, and Machinery [Micelus]

Thrakor, God of Obedience, Spirit Energy, and Earth [Toaster]

Mobkogoth, God of Mind Control, Headgear-Related Shapechanging, and Mass Hallucinations [Yoink]

Tyr'Vannen, God of Thought, Dreams, and Law [Tiruin]

Xarl, God of Liquid, Change, and Life [Superior_Tomato]

Spoiler: Derm, Descended Wizard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tur'Vannen, Spirit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarl, Void Leviathan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fallen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:46:29 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:23:12 pm »

THE UNIVERSE

The Starburst
An explosion of energy and matter, dispersing itself into the universe. It'd be a very small region, perhaps city-sized, if it was dense enough to be colorful and obviously coherent.

The Sandstorm
A tornado of somewhat compacted sand, strong enough to wear away anything that comes into contact with it. Small region.

The Earthcloud
Cloud of mildly condensed dust the size of a medium region. Studded with fist-sized lumps of mithril ore.

The Pocket
A sphere the size of a medium region, with a massive spire of adamatine running through the middle, emerging to tapered points on each end. The sphere itself is an unyielding barrier against outside forces, but prone to chipping as it resists said forces. There's occasional pockets of very faintly visible, bright red dust on certain parts.

A handful of very small boulders floats around inside.

Several boxlike machines work frantically to mine out the adamantium spire. They are decently fast at it, but wearing themselves out from excessive speed.

Several delicate self-maintaining diamond mining machines work swiftly to mine out the adamantium spire.

Several boxlike factories process the adamantium into spaceships. They are very slow at it.

Several of the adamantium figures are alive, possessed by the same central mind. It is arrogant and cunning, and capable of animating more statues with itself. It intends to conquer the universe, eventually.

The Demidome
A small region, large enough for a quaint village and its surroundings, surrounded by a transparent demidome of force.

A smaller, less stable region bulges off from one side. It seems to be slowly growing, and perhaps changing.

Floating haphazardly above the bottom is a thick, somewhat cracked disc of earth and stone. Its surface is straight out of a madman's nightmares, featuring impossibly and extreme terrain.

The surface is covered in myriad plant life, generally as bizarre as the lands it grows on.

Various gases mill about inside.

The region is home to several primitive, bizarrely-shaped elementals of various substances.

The region is inhabited by a handful of primitive microscopic life forms.
Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:44:04 pm
The region is inhabited by fairly simple, but still strange, animals of various sorts.

The Sphere
A sphere of water the size of a medium region, constantly spinning and flowing. It is covered by a very thin, mostly useless membrane.

The Star orbits around it. The Superstar also orbits it, but in an ellipse.

Five 200-meter long void sharks serve as guardians to the sphere. They eat sunlight, intruders, and anything they please.

A handful of scraggly, stringy, plant-like things can be found within. A handful of slightly sticky algae-like things also call it home.

The Star
A ball of glaring, sickly light the size of a village. It orbits erratically around The Sphere.

The Superstar
A massive ball of fire, the size of a very large region; big enough for a metropolis and its surroundings. It elliptically orbits The Sphere.

The Cloud
A very large cloud of darkness, studded with flickering, ever-changing lights of all colors and streaked with crackling lightning of the same. It is the Dream World, or arguably the entrance to the Dream World, and deities other than Tyr'Vannen have more difficulty affecting it than normal.

The center is slightly more stable than the outer regions.

Lightning entities inhabit it. They are wise and thoughtful, concerned with proper law and deep thought. They claim lordship over the mad fey-like humanoids, but it's largely a symbolic gesture, having little actual sway over them.

Laughing, mad, fey-like humanoids inhabit it, deeply tied to its very essence.

Both the dream and lightning entities wield fearsome weapons made out of the very substance of The Cloud, and many of both are sealed within mechanical spheres of all manner of materials.

The Hivemind has a well-established foothold here, but has been largely pushed back. Portions of it have even been severed.

The Crag
A spike of earth and stone, larger than a mountain, surrounded by a ring of flat, rocky terrain populated by very occasional, stunted weeds. The mountain's craggy sides are utterly uninhabitable to anything that can't climb very, very well, and there's no flat ground anywhere, even at the top. The flat part, while spread around the cliffs, is the size of a medium region; large enough for a town and its environs.

Surrounding the scrubland is a medium region of tree-friendly soil.

Surrounding the medium region of tree-friendly soil is a medium region of craggy earth and stone.

A grand stone teleporter pad sits atop the Crag, surrounded by imposing, inspiring statues to Thrakor. Those faithful to him may use it to reach the temple that floats above.

A grand temple to Thrakor floats menacingly above the the crag, containing the Throne of Command and prayer halls. Thrakor himself dwells within when not needed elsewhere. Throngs of worshipers empower Thrakor with their worship inside. Several statues dedicated to Thrakor decorate portions of the cliff face.

Within the grand temple to Thrakor sits the Throne of Command. This terrifying artifact, when successfully used against another creature, utterly shatters its will, reducing it to a shambling zombie that must be ordered to eat and sleep.

Tentacled Things
Clinging to the sides of The Crag and hiding in crevices on the scrubland around it, these slithering creatures are black tentacled blobs with a handful of glaring eyes. They are fanatically loyal to Thrakor, and currently in a frenzy of worship and statue-carving. Their stamina is legendary, rendering them all but tireless. They're negligibly more aware than they were.

They occasionally have disturbing dreams about monocle-wearing, fluorescent sheep, but they're not all that concerned about it.

Mini-Humans
Tiny, human-shaped bugs scurrying across the surface of Mini-Earth. They're organized into a hivemind, and have lost several members to what they consider a giant turtle.

[Turtle] The Mini-Fiery Hell
A fiery, cracked red sphere. It can be held between two hands. It can also apparently be bounced on a turtle's nose.

[Azundan] The Mini-Earth
A blue and green sphere. Azundan could stand in it comfortably were it hollow.

[Derm] The Turtle
An ordinary, basketball-sized turtle. It thinks mini-humans are delicious morsels and is a surprisingly capable combatant. Currently in Derm's arms, playing with the hellball.

[Toaster] The Prophet
A towering colossus of glowing energy. It brings swift justice to all who do not bow before Thrakor's command. It is currently deeply fused with Mobkogoth. It wields a grand claymore that glows with golden light.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:41:42 am by IronyOwl »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:25:33 pm »

Name: Derm (Obviously)
Race:  Mad descended(Ascended?) human wizard.
Spheres: Chaos, Matter, and Energy
Bio: Wizard who gained ultimate power, is fond of green robes, yellow wizard hats, and random acts of violence.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:27:51 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:26:44 pm »

3 minutes from posting to first signup. Par the course for god games so far. :3

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:27:58 pm »

Name: Horace
Race: Human-who-found-Pandora's Box.
Spheres: Life, Death, Creation.
Bio: A mere human who had managed to open Pandora's Box, Horace has now become an incredibly powerful...Something. He still is a human at heart however, but there is something dark inside of him...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:45:46 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:28:15 pm »

@Irony And it's from the best player ever ::::33
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

I guess I'll reserve.

Name: The Pantheon/Sweeikelem
Race: God-swarm
Spheres: Life, Randomness, Machinery (Would it be possible if these changed every turn to something picked by the GM?)
Bio:
     Appearance: A mass of ever-changing limbs, rocks, plants, organs, machine parts, and thousands of other things.
     Personality: Utterly random, although he/she/it is usually indecisive and does things on a whim. Often bickers with itself. Could be called insane.
     History: The mass of of change commonly known as The Pantheon is what happens when gods from a dying universe botch their escape from the particular universe. It constantly travels dimensions and universes doing something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:49:01 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:58 pm »

Reservan'!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:48 pm »

Name:  Thrakor
Race:  Accretion of spiritual force
Spheres:  Obedience, Spirit Energy, Earth
Bio:  In ages past, a dark cult gathered to perform a forbidden ritual.  They intended to summon the spirit of a slumbering god that would then wake and grant them infernal powers.  What they did not know is the god was not sleeping, but dead.  They performed the ritual, sacrificed the required two hundred innocent lives, then invoked the magical words... and the spell failed.  Instead, the spirits of the victims coalesced and destroyed the cultists.  However, the power of the spell was such that the spirits did not depart.  Instead, they fused together, along with the spirits of the cultists, into a new form, torn in many different directions.

Over a thousand years or so, the spirits finally began to act as a unified force.  One that embodied the intentions of the cultists- acquire power, no matter what the cost.  The spirit, having barely been able to move over many years, has finally gained enough power to obtain a true form and power from the soul power of its victims and the latent power of the land where the ritual was performed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:46:39 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 11:38:27 pm »

Heh, look at those noobs...They can't even get reserved in under 6 minutes! Phhbt.

IronyOwl: Everyone loves your RTD's xD

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 11:41:50 pm »

Maybe, but more importantly everyone hungers for god games. :D

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 11:42:44 pm »

And done.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »

Maybe, but more importantly everyone hungers for god games. :D

I've never been in one, so I'm excited! I'm editing my character, changing some stuff.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 11:47:28 pm »

Arr- origin a bit similar to micelus.  Mine's just one mind, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14