Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16145 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »

Name: Mobkogoth/Tassabi/The Hat of Nightmares (It has been given many names throughout its existence)
Race: A chaotic being of shadows and raw magic, solidified through the centuries into the form of a scungy, purplish-black tophat, bearing the crude outline of a face upon the front. To mundane mortal eyes, it is formed of some rough, leathery material, and it is decorated with all sorts of paraphernalia such as small bones, dice and scraps of parchment tacked onto it/He, as well as a gleaming, ethereal emerald set into the front above the black outline of a face. 
Spheres: Mind Control, Headgear-related shape-changing, Mass hallucinations
Spoiler: Bio (click to show/hide)

Edit: Changed the 'madness' sphere to 'headgear-related shape-changing', since madness was pretty much covered by mass hallucinations. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:57:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [One spot left!]
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 12:18:15 am »

Turn 0: Nothing

With the roughly divine equivalent to a pop, you emerge into this world. It's nothing but a pocket of void bounded by impenetrable but flexible walls. Pathetic.

Sadly, creating anything out of nothing will be difficult. In addition to working with nothing but your own unfathomable power, you'll either have to create things that can exist in literal nothingness, or create the entire base for your works from scratch.

Well, nothing for it. Perhaps you can work together, or not.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

We're short one, but I want to get started now. Our sixth can hop in in a moment.

Also, the status spoiler is mostly so I remember what you're supposed to get a +1 to. It may become more relevant if you start decking yourselves out with items or helpers or the like.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:47:57 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 0: Nothing; one spot open]
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 12:20:25 am »

Create an infinite mass of matter-energy in an infinitely small space. Blow it up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 12:21:21 am »

RESERVE!!!!!!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 12:26:27 am »

I'll use my Creation skill to make a basic, floating bit of land. Say, four acres in size? Hills, trees, a lake, just nice and simple. Make sure that it's protected from the Void, of course.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 12:28:24 am »

The current head of the Pantheon decides to create a little area that no outside force can disrupt or affect. [4]. The Pantheon agrees. [2]. Course, he was then devoured by what remained of a god of chaos, who demanded that the area be in permanent darkness. [3] It avoids being replaced.

Make a section of the void unaffected by any events outside. Also make it permanently dark within.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 12:49:56 am »

Name: Azundan (:D)
Race: Embodiment of spiritual energy
Spheres: Life, Prosperity, Order
Bio:
Appearance: A swirling mass of energy, twisting and turning.
History: In a time long past, a group of priests committed suicide together. The resulting flux of energy exploded, and formed Azundan.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 01:00:49 am »

Posting to watch.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 0: Nothing]
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 01:50:36 am »

Alright, that's six. Now if only everyone could get their actions in immediately... :I
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 02:46:16 am »

Make a mini-Earth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 03:19:12 am »

Turn 1: Kind Of Small

Create an infinite mass of matter-energy in an infinitely small space. Blow it up.
[1+3] You create an explosion of energy-matter, like a firework announcing the creation of actual matter and energy in the universe. It's far from infinite in any sense of the word, however.

I'll use my Creation skill to make a basic, floating bit of land. Say, four acres in size? Hills, trees, a lake, just nice and simple. Make sure that it's protected from the Void, of course.
[5+1] You create a rather large, jagged rock of imposing size. You are unable to create life and fine terrain features at the same time, however.

The current head of the Pantheon decides to create a little area that no outside force can disrupt or affect. [4]. The Pantheon agrees. [2]. Course, he was then devoured by what remained of a god of chaos, who demanded that the area be in permanent darkness. [3] It avoids being replaced.

Make a section of the void unaffected by any events outside. Also make it permanently dark within.
[3] You create a rather small, sheltered region. In addition to not being very large, it's not completely immune to outside forces, just insulated.

Make a mini-Earth.
[1] You make a mini-fiery hell. It's only around the size of a basketball, though. Well, maybe a bit larger, but you can hold it between your hands without issue.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

I'm impatient, so we're starting this now. :I

Players who are skipped over will receive additional actions for later rounds, called Acts. In other words, if you don't have an action in on time, you get to take two actions next turn. Intentionally hoarding Acts is ill-advised, and may result in side effects.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 1: Kind Of Small]
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 03:21:46 am »

I was alluding to making a big-bang type thing. Oh well.

Flood a very large space with various gases.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:27:59 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:49 am »

I know, but you're not powerful enough to do so.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:41 am »

I see. Hmm...

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 03:30:06 am »

Try again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14