Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 18: Immortal Kombat]  (Read 16148 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 1: Kind Of Small]
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 03:49:21 am »

:o

This comes up right when I return to slumber...

So, even if there seems no hope for a turn, waitlist me! Please?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 04:02:30 am »

Waitlisted. In the event that someone drops out or is eaten by rivals, you'll be first in line to take their place.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 04:53:35 am »

Argh, sorry! I had to rush my sheet as it is, since I had to get off the computer in a hurry. :-\ Anyway! I think I shall save this act for now, if that's alright, since I'd rather test my powers a bit first.

Mobkogoth, casting his now-awakened divine eyes about for some potential servant, shall compel the nearest humanoid being to pick his tophat form up and wear it, thus granting him more total control over them.    

Derp, didn't properly read the intro! Editing.....

Mobkogoth shall send his mental probes out, touching the consciousness of the One known as Horace, subtly planting the vage blueprints of a humanoid creature, with thick sand-coloured skin, four arms (two of which are slender for manipulating objects, two of which end in large claws for digging and hunting) and barbed horns upon their bodies.
He shall make it a small thing at first, just the beginnings of an idea, and then let it grow as though Horace himself is the one imagining it. Horace should rightly feel rather proud of His/Itself for thinking up such a powerful creature.

And, since I get an extra action for my Act...

Then, the Dread Tophat turns its malicious attention towards the once-human wizard, Derm, his semi-mortal mind far more malleable for the Hat's machinations. Within this fertile ground Mobkogoth shall plant the seeds of a creeping paranoia, nothing too overt, simply a few distorted, fleeting visions of an army of brutish, sand-coloured creatures, bearing four arms and vicious horns; as they swarm in and destroy all the Wizard had strived to create.
With those two small, opening gambits complete, the tophat shall indulge itself in a mischievous smile, and wait...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:31:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 08:23:19 am »

1:  Create a land for my followers to live on.  A nice mountain, with a shrine to me at the top.

2:  Now, my followers!  As I was once humanoid, so shall my followers be.  They will be supremely loyal to me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2012, 09:06:43 am »

Turn 2: Treachery

Flood a very large space with various gases.
[4] You create a billowing cloud of various gases. It starts thinning out into the surrounding void rather quickly, though.

You feel a foreign will grapple with your own for supremacy. The stalemate ends with neither the victor; notably, you do not know who or what the aggressor was or wished.

Try again.
[4] You successfully create a pretty green-and-blue sphere. This one's big enough for you to stand on, and could probably fit you inside of it standing up, were it hollow.

Mobkogoth shall send his mental probes out, touching the consciousness of the One known as Horace, subtly planting the vage blueprints of a humanoid creature, with thick sand-coloured skin, four arms (two of which are slender for manipulating objects, two of which end in large claws for digging and hunting) and barbed horns upon their bodies.
He shall make it a small thing at first, just the beginnings of an idea, and then let it grow as though Horace himself is the one imagining it. Horace should rightly feel rather proud of His/Itself for thinking up such a powerful creature.
[4+1] vs [1] You worm your idea into the unsuspecting deity's mind. He'll find it difficult to focus on anything else before long.

Then, the Dread Tophat turns its malicious attention towards the once-human wizard, Derm, his semi-mortal mind far more malleable for the Hat's machinations. Within this fertile ground Mobkogoth shall plant the seeds of a creeping paranoia, nothing too overt, simply a few distorted, fleeting visions of an army of brutish, sand-coloured creatures, bearing four arms and vicious horns; as they swarm in and destroy all the Wizard had strived to create.
With those two small, opening gambits complete, the tophat shall indulge itself in a mischievous smile, and wait...
[1+1] vs [2] You lock wills with the former human, but are unable to overcome him. The stalemate ends in him knowing that some foreign power dared assail him, but not who or what.

1:  Create a land for my followers to live on.  A nice mountain, with a shrine to me at the top.
[6+1] You create a massive, craggy spike, beautiful to those in tune with the earth, but nothing that anything that cannot climb could ever live on. You cannot create a shrine atop it at the same time, but that's okay. It's practically a monument to the earth anyway.

2:  Now, my followers!  As I was once humanoid, so shall my followers be.  They will be supremely loyal to me.
[1] The things you create are most definitely not humanoid, being shifting, tentacled black aberrations. This is almost for the better, as they're certainly able to slither over the sheer faces of their new home, but there's treachery in their hearts.

Quote from: Dave1004
Idle
While you do not act, a brilliant idea begins to grow within you. Humanoids... with thick, sand-colored skin and four arms- one pair for fine manipulation, one pair for digging through the soil... protected by horns, yes...

It's just an idea for now, of course, but you can't imagine you'd be very enthusiastic about creating anything living in their place.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 2: Treachery]
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 09:28:36 am »

Expand the sphere to about a eighth the size of "our" Earth.

Edited.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:59:44 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2012, 09:35:54 am »

That's gonna take a LOT of actions.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2012, 10:26:07 am »

Build a boundary to keep the gas in, a half dome for kicks. Put twinkling sparks on the Boundaries inner round side, occasionally interrupted by a sun/moon/moon/giant bowl of pasta pattern.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:33:14 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2012, 10:31:20 am »

A mischevious being in truth, Mobkogoth grows bored as he waits for his plans to progress. Watching the work of the other deities, he shall amuse his mighty self by impressing upon Thrakor's mind the idea of the creatures he has accidentally created betraying him. (If I can do another small action as well) He shall also change his hatted form from his preferred one into that of an ornate, spiked full helm, incase any more warlike deities should be tempted by such a thing, thus unwittingly putting themselves under his control.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »

What the hell, guys. Do you always go on Bay12 during my 8 hour sleeping sessions?

I'll work on that land right now, shape and form it to be the ideal living area for my...Er, obsession.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 12:11:54 pm »

What the hell, guys. Do you always go on Bay12 during my 8 hour sleeping sessions?
{Timezones  :D . Loving the creation by the way.}

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 12:30:34 pm »

Interesting.  I'll roll with it.

Dazzle the beings with my greatness, and instill them with the true meaning of obedience!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 09:19:54 pm »

Turn 3: Control

Expand the sphere to about a eighth the size of "our" Earth.
[3] You grow the sphere slightly. You could now comfortably stand in it were it hollow, though it seems making it unfathomably large is impossible without devoting the entirety of your being to the project.

Build a boundary to keep the gas in, a half dome for kicks. Put twinkling sparks on the Boundaries inner round side, occasionally interrupted by a sun/moon/moon/giant bowl of pasta pattern.
[5] You create a masterful demidome of clear force, catching all of the expanding gases within. Decorations will have to wait for later, though.

A mischevious being in truth, Mobkogoth grows bored as he waits for his plans to progress. Watching the work of the other deities, he shall amuse his mighty self by impressing upon Thrakor's mind the idea of the creatures he has accidentally created betraying him. (If I can do another small action as well) He shall also change his hatted form from his preferred one into that of an ornate, spiked full helm, incase any more warlike deities should be tempted by such a thing, thus unwittingly putting themselves under his control.
[3+1] vs [4] You lock wills with Thrakor, but again the contest draws only to a stalemate.

You warp your own form to that of an ornate, spiked helm. Hopefully a god will wander along and put you on.

I'll work on that land right now, shape and form it to be the ideal living area for my...Er, obsession.
[6] The region explodes into a mass of sand. Which would be great for your planned creatures, if there was anything holding it together into a coherent land.

It occurs to you that you could do something else as well, but you wait instead.

Dazzle the beings with my greatness, and instill them with the true meaning of obedience!
[5+1] Your magnificence transforms the treacherous, writhing creatures into ravening fanatics. They make strangled screeching noises, beseeching you for orders.

You sense a hostile presence assailing your mind, but you battle it to a standstill. You can't say what it was or wanted.

Spoiler: Pantheon (click to show/hide)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 3: Control]
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:08 pm »

I don't know what to do...Seriously. Can my people-things live on that place?...Meh.

Try and curse my obsession. Seriously, I don't like ugly sand four-armed people.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Dark Genesis RTD [Turn 3: Control]
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »

Create a large (And thick) disc of land that encompasses the flat bit, except maybe hovering somewhat above it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:30:16 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14