Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Server Crash | Turn 1  (Read 5457 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Server Crash
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

Darvi, Dermonster, Powder Miner, Tersr, Ahra, and Mego are the current players. I'll update both the player list and waitlist once I get the turn done, which will be soon.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Server Crash
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:07 pm »

Turn 0

The Webfort of Bay12 is a somewhat secluded fort, it doesn't get many visitors but boasts a population of good-willed people. The population is rather diverse, but is generally seperated in what they call the Upper Citizens and the Lower Citizens. The Upper Citizens are the warriors of Bay12, they love a good fight and inventing new means to crush their foes. While the Lower Citizens are more Diplomatic, and they focus on the social and scientific needs of the fort.

The citizens of Bay12 worship the Diety Toady One, along with his advisor ThreeToe. Toady One represents Justice. Science, and Equality to most followers and outsiders. And he is a fair god who watches over Bay12.

Although Bay12 hasn't exactly been peaceful over the past few years, the Upper Citizens and the Lower Citizens have some disputes here and there. And the ever increasing waves of  Cybers is starting to become an issue. And the fact that due to their seclusion they haven't been recieving many new citizens lately, trade is somewhat low to due to the dangerous links one has to take to get here.

There's also been rumor that the reason why the other Webforts aren't traveling here because of our supposed "bad reputation" but that doesn't make any sense, considering bay12 hasn't really had any contact with any other webforts for awhile...

----------------------------------------------------

Six adventurers sit in the local bar located in General Discussion after a hard day of work, it's a generally light atmosphere with drinks all around. You enjoy your drink of choice and sing along to the various Bay12 Patriot songs being sung.

The hours fly by, until a loud piercing siren goes off. We're under attack! A voice crackles over the intercom "All citizens report to the walls, Cyber raid is incoming in a few minutes. Trap setters report to the nearest magma cauldrons and blade traps."

Everyone suddenly gets up and rushes to the walls, most at least half drunk. The sounds of pounding against the gates can be heard, and a few screams can occasionally be heard.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mego (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Server Crash | Turn 0
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »

> Find anything that might help in a fight and head to the walls.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

Oh hey I have an inventory. You jelly?

Charm my way out of fighting.

If that don't work, lurk lurk lurk.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:17:59 pm by Darvi »

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »

Somewhat...
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »

Run over to the walls and try to identify things about the cybers with my data scanning.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »

> Flip on scan visor. Scan EVERYTHING.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:10 pm »

Run over to the walls and try to identify things about the cybers with my data scanning.
Data scanning is for identifying bits of code, which you cannot see due to the cybers being solid objects. Now if you defeated one, then yes you could check out the code.

Oh hey I have an inventory. You jelly?

By charm, do you mean "Hey guys I'll be right back to fight, just gotta tie my shoe!" or do you mean "Don't fight me Cyber!"?
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 11:18:40 pm »

I guess change that to run over to the soldiers and heal any who get initially hurt. Try to see what the cybers are physically like.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 11:18:45 pm »

I mean "No I don't want to fight, you guys can handle this".

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:14 pm »

> Learn from past mistakes, and inspect the magma cannons for leaks. Find one that is operable, and let loose Armok's blood.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2012, 11:27:30 pm »

Hack together a slapdash weapon from surrounding materials and head towards the battle.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:50 am »

Oh what the heck.

Name:Mike O'Neill
Bio:Shady type, he likes to stick to the shadows and cause general havoc among the enemy. An avid cracker he knows his viruses. He was abandoned as a child after the Cybers attacked a lesser Webfort. He has survived by hiding in ruined forts, scavenging anything he could find. After wandering for a few years he found Bay 12, and was incredibly useful in exploring the web.
Apperance:Around six foot six, he is a thin, almost skeletal figure. Despite his lack of mass he has above average strength, due to most of his mass being muscle. Wears a tattered hooded cloak.

Primary skill:Virus programming.

Secondary skills:Cracking, Lurking.

I assume people grow up in here.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 05:21:35 am »

get to walls (or if i can make an virus to mess with the cybers)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »

Turn 1
Tersr
> Find anything that might help in a fight and head to the walls.
[3] You quickly search around for any stray weapons, but to no avail. It seems people just don't leave stray weapons lying around anymore, what a shame. You rush over to the walls anyways and climb to the battlements, men and women are shooting down at the enemies. You take a glance at what is attacking the fort [1] and see a large horde of cybers! This is the biggest group of them you've seen in all of your years!

Darvi

If that don't work, lurk lurk lurk.

[6+2=8!] You walk over to a nearby battle commander and he yell's at you to man the walls, you deftly reply to him "Oh sorry can't, the guys in the science department need my help with a super secret experiment that involves Cybers attacking forts. Need to do some safe research without any fighting, sorry." He stares at you and then say's "Fine! You don't have to fight, now do some god damn research or whatever you lower citizens like to do."

Mego
> Flip on scan visor. Scan EVERYTHING.
[6] You suddenly realize that you don't have a scan visor on you, but luckily you find one abandoned on the street! It's a bit cracked, but still looks completely functional. [1] You put it on and it's interface comes to life, but wait something is wrong here. A popup comes up on your screen and a loud voice blares into your ears "CONGRATS! YOU HAVE WON A NEW 54th GENERATION I-POD, PLEASE CLICK THE LINK TO RETRIEVE YOUR PRIZE!". Oh shit, this one must be infected! You notice some kind of upload taking place and you quickly rip the visor off, but it seems that a few pieces of virus code got into your code!
You gain 3 Corruption!

Powder Miner
I guess change that to run over to the soldiers and heal any who get initially hurt. Try to see what the cybers are physically like.
[2+1=3] You rush to the battlements and find a few injured fighters, but their wounds are far to grave for you to actually heal. You quietly walk away and leave them to their fate. [4] Running along the battlements you take a glance at the Cybers banging on the gates, they seem to be robotic and...they look like worms?

Mego
> Learn from past mistakes, and inspect the magma cannons for leaks. Find one that is operable, and let loose Armok's blood.
[2] Rushing over to the magma cannons you spot a squad of Upper Forum'ers loading the magma canisters into the cannons and firing. Most of the cannons are taken, and the remaining ones are the less than operational ones that the engineer crew hasn't had the time to repair yet. Unless you want to use a cannon that's a hell of a lot more faulty than usual, your going to have to pass on using these magma cannons...

Dermonster
Hack together a slapdash weapon from surrounding materials and head towards the battle.
[1+2=3] Looking around for any spare bits of code or materials left behind, you can't find a damn thing! Regardless, you run forward towards the gate and see a group of soldiers pushing up against the large gate being attacked by the Cybers. The gate seems to be on the verge of collapsing, and if it falls the entire Fort will be flooded with them!

Ahra
get to walls (or if i can make an virus to mess with the cybers)
[3+2=5] You cobble together a quick piece of somewhat innefective code to form a rudimentary virus, you're not entirely sure what it'll do but what you do know is that it will spread at a decent rate.

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mego (click to show/hide)
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4