Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1262905 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #11280 on: April 13, 2020, 07:09:31 am »

I like the 5 10 and 100 s ones

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:02 am »

No completed drawing today, but I made some sketches:

Kevek Philosopher
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Magic in Egheevin

Dervak and his flying boat

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: April 13, 2020, 10:37:42 am »

Magic in Egheevin

Wait, is that fuckin'...? I mean, Flax is blonde but other than that, this guy looks pretty similar, doesn't he?

Also, i really hate that i cant decipher any of the symbols in the other drawings, but the frogs are cute at least.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: April 13, 2020, 11:02:36 am »

Magic in Egheevin

Wait, is that fuckin'...? I mean, Flax is blonde but other than that, this guy looks pretty similar, doesn't he?

Also, i really hate that i cant decipher any of the symbols in the other drawings, but the frogs are cute at least.

Oh, he indeed does. Well, he's not  :D.

Also the symbols aren't that important, but, maybe for clarity:

In the philosopher picture, these "H" symbols are question marks. The philosopher thinks that Egheevin is a "water" world, hence he has two water layers in it, one at the bottom and one atop of the sky (yeah, frogs believe there's water in the sky). The layers of Egheevin goes here as following: Water, Earth, Wind, Water, Magic, Fire, and beyond the world is the perfect being (symbolized by letters GL). The symbols next to the layers are marks of Velakaii and their names, as the frog tries to figure out their hierarchy, if they have one. Between the perfect being and Velakaii is another being, that is not perfect and oversees the world (also said to have created the Velakaii).

In the magic pictures, there is this layer scheme again, and on the other side some pictures of utilizing the Ivaakil - Bending and morphing of existing elements, creating new elements, mastering control over the elements, mastering control of yourself and mastering control of other beings. The stuff wizards create from Ivaakil ceases to be pretty quickly, it is labelled as "imperfect", and therefore perishable. Only beings of tremendous  power, such as Velakaii, can create something long lasting from Ivaakil, but even their creation won't last forever - and since Egheevin was created by Velakaii, as well as some other worlds, it will crumble back to nothing eventually.

And Dervak has flying boat. Filled with symbols of wind, flying serpents, and some enchanted words, like: Nuleel Des Vai aalweekyve (Through wind shall you run) or Havek Haadees Wukdal Vai aalliijkyve (As Haadees himself shall you fly).

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: April 14, 2020, 07:14:07 am »

Continuing my Paulstretch experiments, I discovered that despite the results being incoherent, they still retain a semblance of the texture that was in the original photo.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: April 14, 2020, 08:49:24 am »

Continuing my Paulstretch experiments, I discovered that despite the results being incoherent, they still retain a semblance of the texture that was in the original photo.

Is a cat some transcendental being that it generates different results?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: April 14, 2020, 09:00:11 am »

none of the spoilers here show up for me

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: April 14, 2020, 09:13:28 am »

I wasn't aware that you had experience with 3D Models, Quaksna. Guess life is full of suprises.

Kinda miffed actually, since i can't do any 3D stuff myself right now. Still waiting to get my new GPU.
Also since you're pretty clearly into Sonic stuff, when will we be seeing a Sonic OC from you? Okok just kidding :P.
hmm... Then again, i am a big fan of the Ori games, so i'm in no position point fingers, lol.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: April 14, 2020, 03:15:39 pm »

he doesn't chuckle
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: April 14, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »

he doesn't chuckle

Nor do I. Apparently, I can't print him and I can't possess an army of Knuckleses >:(

Because of quarantine, I am unable to contact my master and continue in art of carpentry. It's sad...

As for the OC's... I don't really draw OC's. Sometimes I draw random stuff tho, I have some sketches of custom stuff using the Sonic artstyle, and even a few "characters" I suppose? Wouldn't call them characters. They're like the Celtic dudes I once posted 'ere, random stuff.

There is however a certain comic in the vault of ancients... Where Sonic characters were thrown into fantasy medieval setting and fought for glory or something... Hey, that might have been my most recent comic, with some actually decent imagery. 5 sheets, or so. Should I pull it out? It's in english and it's mad.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 03:11:34 pm by Quaksna »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: April 14, 2020, 03:53:48 pm »

As for the OC's... I don't really draw OC's.

Then what do you call the frogs? :P

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: April 14, 2020, 04:31:25 pm »

As for the OC's... I don't really draw OC's.

Then what do you call the frogs? :P

Ummmm....

Well...

They're frogs, you see, and...

They inhabit this original universe...

I don't friggin' call frogs!!!

I don't care about giving sentient frog heroes a scientific description, a label if you will!
I laugh at precision! I laugh at science! I am a mad artist, good night, sir!

No offense intended, just had to make a proper reaction with an expressive frog  ;D

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: April 14, 2020, 04:38:24 pm »

They're OCs. They're frog OCs, Quaksna. ;P

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: April 14, 2020, 07:36:26 pm »

Basically, I did wavelet decomposition on the unedited original image, which decomposes an image into many layers (7, in my case). These layers sorta represent a certain level of detail, with the higher-order layers being very fine detail, and the lower-order layers representing coarse detail. I removed all the finer details of the image, basically, so now it's just a blurry blob in the shape of a cat lying down on its side. That's good, since that's the texture that I wanted the final image to have. That's why it all looks like a blob copied over and over, with very vague resemblance to a cat lying down on its side. I personally think it's fascinating stuff.

That's the BS, technical explaination, though. I haven't been able to replicate the effect with other things. Was it a fluke? Maybe the cat truly is a transcendental being. I dunno, I'm more of a scientist than an artist, so being able to consistently replicate effects with different things is important to me.

Edit: So blurring the original image paradoxically creates sharp contrast and large 'patches' in the final image. The stronger the blurring, the larger the patches. So I was right. Let me go back to the patterned woven thing that I still can't describe. Very harsh colors ahead.
Spoiler: No blurring (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaussian blur, 2x2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaussian blur, 4x4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaussian blur, 8x8 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gaussian blur, 16x16 (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Okay, experimenting with even weaker blurs... I can only conclude that Paulstretch has a grudge against Gaussian blur. Even at 0.01x0.01, the harsh colors return.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:21:51 am by methylatedspirit »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: April 16, 2020, 06:59:50 pm »

Gunthar
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 845