Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1258984 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #11715 on: January 04, 2021, 10:17:27 am »

I also made one

I'm a dwarf irl.
And I signed 12 instead of 21 because I'm an inbred swampperson too. Ill correct that tomorrow
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:26:52 am by Cathar »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #11716 on: January 04, 2021, 11:38:16 am »

Damn, very nice portraits! Majestic dorf beard. :v
Lotta progress to see in your series of portraits Arx, which is awesome! Y'all inspired me to do a quick and unflattering doodle of myself, entirely without reference to ensure maximal inaccuracy:

Spoiler: ??? (click to show/hide)

This is probably less pale than i really am, but hey! Haven't done much else besides, i've gotten a couple of new games that took up a lot of time. Two things though!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: January 05, 2021, 04:43:38 am »

Did a self portrait recently, too.

Spoiler:  Here it is (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: January 05, 2021, 05:14:20 am »

Everybody be making self portraits recently, wander what brought it on?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: January 05, 2021, 05:30:53 am »

Well I'm a vile egoist, that's simple enough  :D

But I was actually inspired by colleagues here to get better at digital art, particularly by Cathar. I'm drawing a heraldic fox right now:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:50:33 am by Quaksna »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11720 on: January 05, 2021, 06:05:46 am »

Well, I've been doing it for years now. Everyone else is copy. :P Looking good though! :D

I still can't quite figure it on my own, I need pre-existing pics to observe, but eh, small steps.

"Reference is bad" is the vilest misconception and baldest lie spread by people who aren't actually very good at art or teaching or possibly both. There is absolutely no shame whatsoever in using a reference image; every great artist ever has done it, and the few people that don't use reference are able not to because they've spent years, or usually decades, working with reference and have a ton of them essentially memorised. The old masters did it (I can't call an exact example to mind, but there were many), artists in the 19th century were using camera techniques, and modern artists still do it -- even ones that draw far more than is healthy for any normal human, like mangakas etc. :P

Anyway, reference is good, end rant.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: January 05, 2021, 06:36:03 am »

Reference's kinda the only thing that really allows you to make progress in my opinion. Like, you need to look at the thing before you draw it, otherwise you don't know how it looks like! Seems logical to me.

With that quote I wanted to give you an idea of my current power level when it comes to portraits, not an excuse  ;)

In that insane comic of mine, I actually drew so much Treasure Planet screenshots that I got quite good at drawing John Silver, this one's from scratch:

So yeah, I absolutely agree. Draw with references, kids!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: January 05, 2021, 07:33:49 am »

Wow this thread got pretty active in the three hours that i was asleep.

I kind of want to do a "self portrait" as well, been wanting to 3d render myself for a while, but guess what i don't have? Refs... of myself!
"Well why don't you just take a pictu--" It's not that simple. i've learned one thing: there's a difference between a ref and a GOOD ref. Making a face takes the latter, seriously.
I do almost nothing without some kind of ref, but a face is the last thing i'd try to eyeball.

There's a reason my battlecry is: "I NEED MORE REFS!!!"
Unless one is looking to make unholy DeviantArt abominations, good refs are critical in making good art, especially in the domain of 3D, especially in modeling characters.
It doesn't matter how many times you fiddle with the geometry, if you have no reference point for what you're trying to make, you'll never hit the mark.

Shall we all agree that: no matter WHAT you're making, Refs are good. (if said refs are good refs, that is :P)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: January 05, 2021, 07:41:46 am »

What're you talking about, there's plenty of 'em  :P

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: January 05, 2021, 08:10:53 am »

What're you talking about, there's plenty of 'em  :P

Cute, but you know that's not them refs i mean, Q. :P Besides, i have a better model of Ori than any of those fuckfaces(aside from the official ref). And my avatar isn't even based on that model.
What i'm saying is: there's a person behind the avatar too.

Besides, i dunno what to tell you, but... The character i still have as my avatar is a product of a bygone era. The last, vestigial connection that i'm desperately trying to sever. It's getting replaced as soon as i find something to replace it with.

Also, i'm WELL acquainted with THIS guy.

You should see, or better yet, don't, the shit he makes. The fact that he showed up so early in the search results pisses me off...
But not as much as he loves piss... yes, really. Can you guess why i hate furries yet?!
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #11725 on: January 05, 2021, 08:26:58 am »

But I was actually inspired by colleagues here to get better at digital art, particularly by Cathar.

I'm flattered ^^ Best of luck, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: January 05, 2021, 08:34:26 am »

Not just yet, but thanks for the offer.

Besides, i dunno what to tell you, but... The character i still have as my avatar is a product of a bygone era. The last, vestigial connection that i'm desperately trying to sever. It's getting replaced as soon as i find something to replace it with.

Ah, sorry for that. Well, but because I am such a good sport, I'll repay you, and better yet, with the new avatar you need!

Spoiler: Behold! (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:05 am »

Spoiler: Behold! (click to show/hide)

I think i just legitimately blushed there for a sec. It's wonderful, i love it.
Since you so graciously offered, i'm taking him as my avatar until further notice.
I'm also gonna store the image somewhere, to use as a ref later... this is going to officially become one of my alternate outfits, for the future virtual me.

But I was actually inspired by colleagues here to get better at digital art, particularly by Cathar.

I think the praise is well deserved, you're a great artist, the kind that makes me wish i could draw instead of being a 3D modeler.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: January 05, 2021, 10:05:19 am »

Since you so graciously offered, i'm taking him as my avatar until further notice.

Hey hey hey, wait! That's a pic I've scribbled as a joke in a minute, you deserve better, friend!

And that's why here you got HD remake of the original Pissbane for SNES and DOS! Merry Christmas!

Spoiler: Hebold! (click to show/hide)

Eh, I don't really care what you want for an avatar, you do you! But if you give me some time, I could do a live action remake of the HD remake... Oh dear, now I just want to abandon everything and write freakin' Pissbane novel...

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: January 05, 2021, 10:43:33 am »

Hey hey hey, wait! That's a pic I've scribbled as a joke in a minute, you deserve better, friend!

And that's why here you got HD remake of the original Pissbane for SNES and DOS! Merry Christmas!

Spoiler: Hebold! (click to show/hide)

Eh, I don't really care what you want for an avatar, you do you! But if you give me some time, I could do a live action remake of the HD remake... Oh dear, now I just want to abandon everything and write freakin' Pissbane novel...
Aww... you shouldn't have.
*Yoink.* Thank you.

Seriously, that avatar i created some years ago needed to go. The character's model was based on a basemodel i want nothing to do with anymore. So i'd rather my avatar be a joke. Also, this pic is actually really good.

Not much of a joke though when, a small change of name, and you've got a hell of a character-in-making. Just add a motivation and hit blend. :D
It isn't even that far off from an idea i had for a DF adventure story, involving a world filled with *ahem* beast-people... Inspired by a certain... Other story on the forums... a very boring one i hope no one remembers.

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 845