Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1262938 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #12285 on: December 08, 2021, 06:39:41 am »

Hey Quaksna have you ever thought about compiling all your frog stuff into a book?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: December 08, 2021, 07:37:19 am »

Hey Quaksna have you ever thought about compiling all your frog stuff into a book?

Yes I did, however, believe it or not, there's not enough actual material.

Ooh, that was a nice fable, Quaksna. It worked really well with your art style, evoking some dream-like imagery in my head.

Good to hear.

I really like the panels with the snake and the orm.

You mean the only good ones :P

I find that story remarkable

Of course you do you're the yellow pixel you'll eat up whatever I throw in front of you  ;D

For real, thanks too. I'm trying to make the frog universe more mythical, in contrast to the "generic" fantasy you see today, resembling something you would find in this world, returning to the roots. What myth is all about, is touching upon some inherent truth in our world. And it can be powerful and we respond to it the way we do, because we know it's "real", in a way. We know what it's trying to convey, because we're experiencing it ourselves in reality. And that's what I'm trying to emulate.

And of course the wonderous magic hijinks and stuff.

What I mean is mainly that it shows the complexification of the animal world, from simple invertebrates to mammals and birds, and from a primordial bubbling of life in the underworld to its migration to the upper world, but at the same time, we see that the process has literally been triggered by the shedding of the chameleon god Dsábul, and that it is defined by his anatomical features! That's quite unique! :D

I was thinking of this phenomenon you often see, some kind of creator deity creates something unintentionally in their sleep, or some primordial creature doing something random and it causes life (looking at you, norse cosmic-cow)... Now Dsábul isn't a creator deity per say, but he does represent nature, the natural world, so it was only fitting for him to be the source. The whole underworld concept here is more like a proto-world, where more denizens of the earth originate from, kvaksas included.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: December 08, 2021, 12:44:40 pm »

you're the yellow pixel you'll eat up whatever I throw in front of you  ;D

Just like a Pac-Man! :P

What myth is all about, is touching upon some inherent truth in our world. And it can be powerful and we respond to it the way we do, because we know it's "real", in a way. We know what it's trying to convey, because we're experiencing it ourselves in reality.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The whole underworld concept here is more like a proto-world, where more denizens of the earth originate from, kvaksas included.

But were you aware that the word Hayat (also known as Hiyat) comes from Arabic and literally means "life"?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: December 08, 2021, 01:08:34 pm »

But were you aware that the word Hayat (also known as Hiyat) comes from Arabic and literally means "life"?

No I wasn't why does this keep happening xD This one's pronounced Hee-ü-aat though, but i should stop trying to explain sounds in English IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Back to art, I think I'll be drawing more of panels like these if I'll find the time, grown to enjoy the background making. Like sewing or the tribal patterns, it's this progress bit by bit and you can see how it all comes together, lots of beauty in it.

What it'll be next time...

Edit: And the next time is here, behold!

Spoiler: Merchant and sons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 10:29:56 am by Quaksna »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: December 12, 2021, 04:40:36 pm »

That giant monitor is a pretty nice steed, I reckon. It has very sharp claws and a well developed musculature that must be efficacious for defense.

But I want to know:

When it bites its victims, can it envenom them with an anticoagulant poison, like a Komodo dragon?

And what are carrying these respectable frog merchants? Ginger? Other spices? Bast ropes maybe?

Is it also a dead rabbit that I see close to the rider? It looks very much like that...

Besides, I always imagined your frogs moving by hopping, but I realize now that it's probably more convenient and look less awkward in a quadrupedal manner! :)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #12290 on: December 12, 2021, 09:34:09 pm »

Almost done

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: December 13, 2021, 05:14:28 am »

This samurai has his marbles together, I really like his attitude. This stuff is really splendid, where can I give you money hah I wish I don't have any  :P

Spoiler: Trivia for Pixel (click to show/hide)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: December 13, 2021, 01:06:03 pm »

Trivia for Pixel

Wondrous elaboration. Much appreciated.

The reason they try to keep [the monitors] peaceful is, they are more instinct driven and could easily go on a rampage when distressed. And they are indeed ferocious in battle, and when ticked off do not recognize friend from enemy, unlike hounds. Though, even if such scenario was to occur, the beast would be likely re-usable if successfully calmed down. A bad tempered hound on the other hand is extremely dangerous to a township and needs to be put to death forthwith.

I think it stands to reason of not fostering the aggressivity of the giant monitors, since such animals are not as intelligent as hounds and probably cannot be fully tamed. Likewise, if unruly hounds would be let on the loose, they surely would form packs that would delight themselves on frog snacks.

SystemsTestCanary

• Bay Watcher
  • watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: December 13, 2021, 04:46:39 pm »

My interpretation of the following symbol from McCreary's Planet, the symbol of the combined Silas Thornton and Ava/The Flesh laboratories:

A young Scholar of – you do a double take. Her brown Scholarly robes no longer bear the familiar symbol of SEED, that duality of machine and nature. The symbol is replaced with sixty-six in a red circle, in an intersecting circle is a red thorn. Emma rolls her eyes at your surprised glance.

Spoiler: simple interpretation (click to show/hide)
some end in flashes of Gold, some end in Blood, some, in Fire.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: December 14, 2021, 03:03:32 am »

Looks very stylish, good work!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: December 15, 2021, 02:48:39 pm »

Ton of awesome stuff here the past couple months. Well done Quaksna, Cathar, others!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: December 16, 2021, 05:13:57 am »

That looks rather neat, it's like a Catharification of your pixel stuff!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: December 16, 2021, 12:07:54 pm »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:15:11 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: December 16, 2021, 12:37:58 pm »

Gotta dig your demented style. I really like the blind cyclops-thing prophet, how do you even think of this  :P Cool stuff.

SystemsTestCanary

• Bay Watcher
  • watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: December 16, 2021, 12:39:18 pm »

I love the peaceful colors of the second one (the fishing)
some end in flashes of Gold, some end in Blood, some, in Fire.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 845