Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1261894 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #12330 on: January 04, 2022, 10:45:14 am »

Interesting! I actually got strong Latin vibes from the grammar, though I can't recall if Latin has a hortative. And I've not heard of the transgressive tense. Mind explaining? One which... implies wrongdoing, perhaps?

I'd be fairly interested in pronunciation too, actually. I imagine it would be hard to get phonetics down for a frog-people. I'm imagining loads of glottal stops! (Maybe you could take inspiration from some African languages?)

Any translation for the hound-text?

This is super cool, btw. You do have a life, and it's epic  ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: January 04, 2022, 11:19:25 am »

I know only a handful of prayers in Latin, i've been drawing mostly for Czech. Hortative's in Hebrew, I've heard. I'm not surprised you didn't heard of transgressive, it's quite unique to our area of Slavic languages. It is a special form of a verb, when you want to say an action was done while another action was in process by the same person. In english, this is done by infinitive to my knowledge, or some other basic verb inflection, for example "I was making dinner, watching the stove carefully." or somehow like that, but we have the transgressive form, it exists for present and past tenses. Wikipedia explains it quite well.

I was thinking of recording a pronunciation video, and yes, I also thought of how would they have problems speaking round vowels, so "u" is quite similar to "e" and "o" to "a". I would really need to make a demonstration, I have no clear way of describing the sounds  :P But I think Strik3r and someone else were interested too, so I'll try to get it done.

I've found an unfinished alphabet sheet of the kvaksulu language
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll give my best shot to translate the hound-text, but my vocabulary memory is awful  :P. But I do have memories of first writing it, so here we go:

About animals - Hounds (or wolves, kvaksas don't care)

A hound is a large animal, high as a kvaksa stretching its legs in a line, long a little more (than that). They're wide as a pot used for beverage.
Their body has dense fur, so that they won't freeze. They have two front legs and two hind legs, pointy ears and black nose. They can smell and hear well, so that they can hunt better. They hunt together with their families small and large animals, living in woods and on mountains.
You will recognize males as by other furred animals, that is this way - males have a penis and a pair of testes in between their hind legs, they also urinate with the penis. Females don't have this, but they have two rows of small hills (as in, growths) on their stomach, they feed their children with these, they have milk there.
They give birth to many children, those have closed eyes and can only drink milk. They grow quickly.

Found a number of mistakes while translating the text  :D Accidentally referred to them as people multiple times. With plural of people you would usually use the special group gender, which does not exist for animals - those are referred as masculine by default. I did call them masculine, but "men" instead of "males", gotta fix that!

I think a word of note is "rehesqafylut" - it's a noun that has quite a number of tenses stacked on top of each other. The base verb is "qafyl", to freeze, literally to feel cold. The -re is negating prefix, indicating they do not freeze. -hes is the continuous tense, meaning it tends to be this way, it perpetually is like this. The -ut suffix is for verbs of the third gender, masculine, plural.

I could write paragraphs on top of paragraphs on this, but alas, let's make some space for artworks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:02:19 pm by Quaksna »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12332 on: January 04, 2022, 05:15:02 pm »

Well, certainly been a while since i reared my head in here. Glad to see y'all are still at it with the creative goodness! I do haunt the thread every day, i'm just too much of a lazy bum to post whenever i make something, because that'd be a lot. :V

here have a selection of ThingsTM that i saved as PNGs

Spoiler: PILE O ARTS (click to show/hide)

God that was a pile, and even then it's not exhaustive. If you direly need it, you can find more sketches here, plus i keep my Deviantart page up to date with the bigger things.
Additionally, as Krita has recently updated to 5.0 and implemented a time lapse recording feature, i've uh, recorded some time lapses. :V

https://puu.sh/IAyhI.mp4 - gnollface
https://puu.sh/IAyka.mp4 - Jorun
https://puu.sh/IAyik.mp4 - a
https://puu.sh/IAyip.mp4 - festive goober
https://puu.sh/IAyiM.mp4 - cockatrice
https://puu.sh/IAyiZ.mp4 - winter wonderland

So now you can be privy to the absolute chaos of my arting process! Sorry i just kinda disappeared without responding to anything last time, i promise i read all the things and appreciate all the things. I also agree with the style comparison you made, Quaksna. :V
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: January 05, 2022, 12:25:01 am »

That was an amazing dump, but why is Doofus interested more in a blue rock than his doppelganger does he think the rock is his doppelganger

Also the one with the dragonslayer is amazing, I would love to see that in color.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: January 05, 2022, 04:01:24 am »

Some quality arting going on in this thread recently.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12335 on: January 05, 2022, 12:15:22 pm »

Thank! <3

That was an amazing dump, but why is Doofus interested more in a blue rock than his doppelganger does he think the rock is his doppelganger

Also the one with the dragonslayer is amazing, I would love to see that in color.
Because he's a HUGE NERD and so is his synth doppelganger, they like pretty rok :)
Sadly that comic is made in Paint, so it's a Paint in the arse to colour properly, glad you like it though! It's kinda wild seeing the difference from first to last, honestly. I've certainly gotten a lot better at drawing dragons. :V

speaking of dragons here have a few

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: January 05, 2022, 04:13:54 pm »

That's a pretty good noodle dragon, and I like the goat eyes.  All very excellent.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #12337 on: January 06, 2022, 12:46:21 pm »

Way to go superstar

Send help

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:07 am »

Anyone wants to have their pixelart displayed on the starter moon in dual universe? I had to make my safestash bigger, filled out all the space available, now its a cube of approximately 120-120-120 meters. I'm asking for the same reason I could never pick a tatoo: too many possibilities, I could go with something I like and I have tools to pixelise anything, but it's too hard to pick. So if anyone wants to expose and sign something in a virtual world, I'm super open to it. Color palette is... IDK I'm bad at drawing etc... Idk if there is many many colors or not, but many of them exist in matt and more glossy etc. The resolution can be tiny but it's better if one can make out the motive from afar. I'd follow the recipe for redrawing the image pixel per pixel, don't need more than a jpg.

The frogs are still as dope as ever, that wolf looks mean.
let

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: January 10, 2022, 11:52:23 am »

Kinda quiet here, huh?
I've not really had anything to post here recently because i've been doing a lot of theorycrafting and really sinking my teeth into Blender's geometry nodes.
Behold, the product of my testing and experimenting thus far: (click to enlarge, 1080p image)

Now here's a little pop quiz for everyone: Strik3r needs a tree. What does Strik3r do?

A: Model a tree.
B: Download a tree.
C: Use an existing, established Blender addon to procedurally make a tree.
D: MAKE AN ENTIRE MODULAR GENERATOR, FROM SCRATCH, USING ONLY GEOMETRY NODES... to make a tree.

If you answered D, you answered correctly. This tree is entirely procedural, leaves and all! But here is a little secret; The grass is ALSO procedural, made using the EXACT SAME system as the tree!
So it's less of a tree generator and more of a general plant generator.

Okay, i'm gonna go back to working on the project that got stalled on this. Coming up next: Procedural cities? Until next time ;).
(Yes the rock is also procedural.)

EDIT:
In hindsight, Showing one pretty tree render and proclaiming that it is procedural, probably isn't enough, so i rendered more trees.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:14:03 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: January 11, 2022, 02:19:32 am »

That's fancy, what kind of other things are you gonna make procedural versions of?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: January 11, 2022, 03:15:21 am »

Seconding Zultan, this is rather impressive. Keep on rockin', Strik3r!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: January 11, 2022, 03:10:42 pm »

Wow those trees look great.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: January 11, 2022, 03:34:05 pm »

Thank you, to all of you. I'm very glad that you all like them, the generator did take nearly a week's worth of work, so it'd better be able produce something that looks like a proper tree :P.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: January 13, 2022, 01:23:03 pm »

Pair of 'Deep Cuts' paintable Heroclix I put together, color scheme based on alt costumes from marvel v Capcom 3.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 845