Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260217 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4140 on: February 22, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »

WIP music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdpe4diawc2uoj9/EventHorizon01.mp3?dl=0

What should I add to make it a bit less repetitive?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4141 on: February 22, 2015, 08:08:38 pm »

Made something. You can all probably guess who's style I'm trying.
Spoiler: Watching you. (click to show/hide)
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: February 22, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »

We should shooukd have a Shookday competition.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4143 on: February 22, 2015, 10:15:00 pm »

We should shooukd have a Shookday competition.
That's a shookingly good idea.

Check out my Pixel art!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: February 22, 2015, 11:29:13 pm »

And thus, the earth Shook.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: February 22, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #4146 on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:26 am »

And thus, the earth Shook.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It took some time but I found it.

One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:04:30 am by BadLemonsXI »

Check out my Pixel art!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: February 23, 2015, 06:42:46 am »

I'm all for a Shookday! We just need to get Shook to agree to be the mascot of some sort :D

Also, late night sketching ho!

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:09 am »

The thing that is not like the other breaks a major rule of "COMRADE SHOOK'S GUIDE TO [I FORGET THE REST OF THE TITLE]"

I see why the rule was imposed
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4149 on: February 23, 2015, 09:15:13 am »

The funky thing is that i have since gone on to violate this rule several times. :v

I'm all for a Shookday! We just need to get Shook to agree to be the mascot of some sort :D
u guise i swear <3

I've always been a bit delusional about my importance in this world, so hey, far be it from me to reject being a mascot of some sort for such a delightful thing, especially not when it's other people suggesting it. :v

Also, late night sketching ho!

DA

SEHR GUT ME LIKES

clearly the face with the closed outline because we all know how hard it is to nail closed outlines!!

Made something. You can all probably guess who's style I'm trying.
Spoiler: Watching you. (click to show/hide)
Mmm, delicious psychotic facial expressions. c:

I completed a fey mood, and have made a sketch of highest quality.

Spoiler: Excalibur Mk.II (click to show/hide)
I feel that this needs to be mentioned because dear god so many fine details. Just one thing that strikes me though, the perspective on the middle wings doesn't match up to that of the front wings. I hope you don't mind me doing this, but i tried putting some perspective lines on top:

Red lines are extrapolated from the drawing, yellow is how i'd possibly imagine it being (not accounting for me failing horribly at placing the lines in the right places). The problem is mostly that some of the lines are diverging instead of converging, which gives kind of a funky look. Mind you though, this is still a REALLY NICE DRAWING and mostly i just have a near-pathological need to offer constructive criticism. :v
Fortunately for us all, you generally don't have to get the perspective completely perfect, as long as the lines converge in roughly the same area you should be good to go.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:02 am »

I made a chainmail bracelet! It's my first attempt to make a thing like this and I cursed myself thousand times before I got the point. Surpisingly, it didn't even took ages to finish the job and despite my lack of experience it looks and feels nice.

defeeca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: February 23, 2015, 01:01:06 pm »

So pictures in shook style or shook pictures in our style :D heres former

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4152 on: February 23, 2015, 01:43:41 pm »

I completed a fey mood, and have made a sketch of highest quality.

Spoiler: Excalibur Mk.II (click to show/hide)
I feel that this needs to be mentioned because dear god so many fine details. Just one thing that strikes me though, the perspective on the middle wings doesn't match up to that of the front wings. I hope you don't mind me doing this, but i tried putting some perspective lines on top:

Red lines are extrapolated from the drawing, yellow is how i'd possibly imagine it being (not accounting for me failing horribly at placing the lines in the right places). The problem is mostly that some of the lines are diverging instead of converging, which gives kind of a funky look. Mind you though, this is still a REALLY NICE DRAWING and mostly i just have a near-pathological need to offer constructive criticism. :v
Fortunately for us all, you generally don't have to get the perspective completely perfect, as long as the lines converge in roughly the same area you should be good to go.
Generally speaking, not that I don't appreciate the critique, my overall style is completely freehanded and a sans-ruling method of lining things up. Basically, I just eyeballed the whole thing as I was working on it front-to-back (perspective (foreground to background) and starting at the front of the ship to keep the entire drawing on the page. Not fun when you accidentally overshoot your scaling, like I almost did with it's predecessor, and a few other drawings.), and making sure I was keeping things in-line as best I could going one-shot with it. Plus, I try to get it done in a single session if possible, with a maximum time of 3-4 hours per sketch.

Pardon that rant, but I felt it needed to be said. What happened to art for fun? Why must everything be serious business? Everyone hates each other enough already. We don't need any more fuel added to this fire; but of course, such words would always fall on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:56:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4153 on: February 23, 2015, 01:52:00 pm »

My approach to getting perspective and stuff lined up properly is to try to put down a few brief skeleton lines before I actually make the rest of the sketch. I may then completely change the angle of one arm or whatever (I almost entirely draw people, and just draw whatever seems appropriate for the person), but most of it will be self-consistent with a minimum of effort and no rulers. My only drawing tool was an HB mechanical pencil until very recently, when I acquired a couple of other grades of pencil for shading, so I can sympathise with not wnating to get technical.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4154 on: February 23, 2015, 02:09:09 pm »

Itnetlolor, you may be pleased to know that i pretty much feel the exact same way; i love just smacking down the lines free-hand and boom bam that's that. With that said, i'm also a bit of a perfectionist, and i've found that it's often super helpful to just have a few guiding lines and/or shapes just so i can smack the lines down in the right place. It doesn't have to go beyond a few lines to help you visualize the perspective, or a couple of lightly sketched circles to help you place body parts or whatever correctly. I find it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to go straight from blank paper to complicated final outline, but if you like it best that way, then you should totally keep at it like that.

I also wholly agree that art shouldn't be too much serious business. It needs room for dicking around, and many of my favourite art things on the net are made by artists who are bored and all like "lol why not". This is also why i strongly prefer drawing from imagination over observational drawing (if i want to depict reality then i'll just grab a camera), although as it happens, i've found that practicing observational drawing actually rather helps with visualizing the imaginationthings. So anyways, why do i always feel the need to offer critique? Quite simple! Because i've found that my own enjoyment of drawing has gotten higher as i've gotten better at drawing, and critique can really help with that improving part (if you want to, anyways).

also sketch page

warble warble
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:49:40 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 845