Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1262365 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8415 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:01 pm »

Its beautiful in its own crazy way.

Night shift and working off a phone don't go well together in anything resembling sanity.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:22 pm »

A couple random things I've made as of late (Entirely self-taught drawing, and I don't really draw often so don't expect ☼Engravings☼)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reminds me a little of Zdzislaw Beksinski. Not nearly there yet, but I like where it's going.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:33 pm »

Jeez, dude, you can resize images with the bbcode on this forum. I forget how though.

I bet those images are killing data users.
Aye, please resize! I like your art, LethalShade, but it's hard too see at that size.

Code: (try this) [Select]
[img height=500][/img]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: April 13, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »

Jeez, dude, you can resize images with the bbcode on this forum. I forget how though.

The form code to resize images works on the user end - We still need to download the same data whether img height=50 or img height=50,000*.

Please do not set pictures this big, thanks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: April 13, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »

Here's a terrible level flythrough of a mediocre level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgwKm3Wjrg

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:44 pm »

Playing around with some new rough character designs!
(Please pardon the wooden poses.)

I'd like to figure out other outfits soon, but just starting with a single one each... Out-Around-Town sorta clothes. They're a farm family, homesteading on the fringes of a small melting-pot sort of urban area. Because I am a dweebus, historically their people were culturally genderless (clothes were just clothes, didn't have words for pronouns, etc), but urbanization and cultural mixing has started to change that. The parent (Octavo) was raised traditionally, but their kids (particularly Gazette in the middle) have been introduced to the idea of gender from foreign languages, shopping for clothes in town, and all that. Gaz in particular digs the idea of being a "she" instead of a "they", wearing dresses, and all that... though her parent and her more mainstream twin sibling suspect it's just a rebellious phase.

Also wrote a short looping Character Theme Song for them, to listen to while I figured out their designs. It ended up ever-so-slightly Reggae, so I kinda accidentally gave Octavo dreadlocks. Also yes, any excuse to use bad cat puns and Mario Paint meows is reason enough for me to make a song.
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/7isdj4tdzhduoc6/lazy_mornyan.ogg?raw=1)

P.S. I wish it'd been on purpose because it was too perfect... but the tune was accidentally based on a lietmotiff from this. It worked so well, I straight-up reused one of the melodies:
(https://solifuge.github.io/ashwoodcross/meowsong.html)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:52:38 pm by Solifuge »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: April 13, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »

Oooh!  *Ashwood Cross update hype?*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: April 13, 2017, 11:31:42 pm »

i dont know if people here remember that i was trying to make a long ass videogame project since, its been a long time since i posted the thread. well, i've been making some revisions of it these days and while the idea still stands, there have been some cleanups in terms of the worldbuilding part and all so it was time to do some new maps.

this are the first results of my tries to consolidate the universe to something more unique and authentic while still keeping some familiarity just so people doesnt get too lost.

so yeah, the New Antherea:

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: April 13, 2017, 11:35:43 pm »

this are the first results of my tries to consolidate the universe to something more unique and authentic while still keeping some familiarity just so people doesnt get too lost.

Bruh nah, I can clearly see you have the skill to create good plate tectonics, show me something more interesting. You have to create your own world. Don't make it similar to Earth. Let your freak flag fly man.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: April 13, 2017, 11:43:40 pm »

Bruh nah, I can clearly see you have the skill to create good plate tectonics, show me something more interesting. You have to create your own world. Don't make it similar to Earth. Let your freak flag fly man.

i dunno, while i enjoy seeing worlds with unique maps and geograph im not sure if i my mind could come out with something much more exotic without messing up the rest of the content.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: April 14, 2017, 01:01:56 am »

A couple random things I've made as of late (Entirely self-taught drawing, and I don't really draw often so don't expect ☼Engravings☼)

That's a sick signature, but those drawings are even sicker.

The form code to resize images works on the user end - We still need to download the same data whether img height=50 or img height=50,000*.

Please do not set pictures this big, thanks.
Oh, I was under the impression otherwise.

Well then that sucks.
That's why I usually resize and/or crop my images with Microsoft Paint or Imgur's editor. Imgur also gives certain thumbnail sizes as well.

I'd like to figure out other outfits soon, but just starting with a single one each... Out-Around-Town sorta clothes. They're a farm family, homesteading on the fringes of a small melting-pot sort of urban area. Because I am a dweebus, historically their people were culturally genderless (clothes were just clothes, didn't have words for pronouns, etc), but urbanization and cultural mixing has started to change that. The parent (Octavo) was raised traditionally, but their kids (particularly Gazette in the middle) have been introduced to the idea of gender from foreign languages, shopping for clothes in town, and all that. Gaz in particular digs the idea of being a "she" instead of a "they", wearing dresses, and all that... though her parent and her more mainstream twin sibling suspect it's just a rebellious phase.
I really like the sound of perhaps a peri-urban area. A society without gender roles seems pretty interesting as well. I can't think of real life cultures like this, but individual cultural elements do for sure exist. In Cantonese, there aren't masculine or feminine pronouns, which explains why my mom and other family members once in a while mix up he and she in English. Dwarf Fortress had indirectly lead me to find out men wear skirts, but I would think there are probably man skirts and women skirts (I didn't read too much of the Wikipedia article).
Max avatar size is 80x80

LethalShade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: April 14, 2017, 02:59:08 am »

Haven't used BBcode for years. My bad. Also it probably just resizes the view while keeping the same amount of data.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:13 am »

i dunno, while i enjoy seeing worlds with unique maps and geograph im not sure if i my mind could come out with something much more exotic without messing up the rest of the content.

Nahnahnahnahnahnah, it's just part of storytelling. You have to CREATE the world! It's not about being exotic, stories that are too exotic and different tend to be campy in their own right. Being original has nothing to do with being needlessly different or unique. Likewise, trust me, it's already similar enough to the world as we know, we don't need the continents to look like Earth's. People are people, that's all the similarity we need. For everything else put down what's in your head. YOUR HEAD. Do not audit your creativity based upon what you think people will or will not like. Create the world as you know it has to be created. The seed of a story has already formed in your mind, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten to this point, just go, write it out, draw it out, world build it out. Being original has only to do with putting the (entirely unique, because you're thinking of it) story that has formed in your mind into tangible form.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8428 on: April 14, 2017, 01:09:39 pm »

I want a fantasy story taking place on a double planet, maybe even Rocheworld... or torus planet (which would be coolio, since it gives so many options when it comes to travel and isin't overly hard to portray), or some other unique world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: April 14, 2017, 01:22:31 pm »

I want a fantasy story taking place on a double planet, maybe even Rocheworld... or torus planet (which would be coolio, since it gives so many options when it comes to travel and isin't overly hard to portray), or some other unique world.

Season 3 of Lexx did that. Fire and Water were part of a Rocheworld, but also literally heaven and hell. Fire would send air balloons through the connecting atmosphere to invade. I can't really say much more without spoilers.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 845