Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1262358 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8475 on: May 06, 2017, 10:59:22 am »

AHA, i definitely see coloured lighting here! MY EYES ARE NOT TRICKED TODAY. That being said, i feel like it's the shadows that should be reddish rather than the light, unless it's actually a white background and a red light source. If the light source is red, EVERYTHING should be tinted red, not just the highlights. You've cleaned up the outlines nicely this time, but obviously ETERNAL CRITIC COMRADE SHOOK can still find something to moan about: I won't moan about the hands themselves since they're obviously not human, but the hand resting on the hip is rather awkward, like it's in a pocket that doesn't exist. Try resting your own hand on your hip like that; it's not really a comfortable position, and it's going to slip if you stop actively holding it there. There's also some inconsistent lighting, i.e. the sword pommel implies light from the right side of the image, so how is the other side of the blade, facing away from the light, lit so brightly...? Same thing with how there's highlights on the butt (implying a light source coming sorta from behind) yet also clear lighting on his(?) front. Now obviously, overcast weather or multiple light sources would permit things like this, but... I don't get that impression. All that said, the detail level is very good (as is usual from you by now!), and oh my goodness you fucking NAILED that horn, i don't think it could look much better than it does. c:

I finally finished the head of the dog model I was working on.
Any things I should change before attaching it to the body and starting texture work? For reference, it's supposed to be a corgi.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Snout may be a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit too long, but i honestly can't tell for sure, so i think you're good to go!

also speaking of dogs here have a dogtective

i can't draw dog butts apparently
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8476 on: May 06, 2017, 12:17:13 pm »

AHA, i definitely see coloured lighting here! MY EYES ARE NOT TRICKED TODAY. That being said, i feel like it's the shadows that should be reddish rather than the light, unless it's actually a white background and a red light source.  If the light source is red, EVERYTHING should be tinted red, not just the highlights.

Switch it around, you say? Sure thing!

You've cleaned up the outlines nicely this time, but obviously ETERNAL CRITIC COMRADE SHOOK can still find something to moan about: I won't moan about the hands themselves since they're obviously not human, but the hand resting on the hip is rather awkward, like it's in a pocket that doesn't exist. Try resting your own hand on your hip like that; it's not really a comfortable position, and it's going to slip if you stop actively holding it there.

I actually did think about that, but forgot to fix it. Good catch! I was going to tuck his thumb into his belt. And don't worry about being an ETERNAL CRITIC, I really appreciate it.

There's also some inconsistent lighting, i.e. the sword pommel implies light from the right side of the image, so how is the other side of the blade, facing away from the light, lit so brightly...?

Hmm, I didn't see it at first, but now I do. In my head, the blade is oriented incorrectly with respect to the hilt. Thank you!

Same thing with how there's highlights on the butt (implying a light source coming sorta from behind) yet also clear lighting on his(?) front. Now obviously, overcast weather or multiple light sources would permit things like this, but... I don't get that impression.

Yeah, screwed up shading his coat front. He did petrol bomb a manor house, though, so we'll pretend he's watching it burn. :P

All that said, the detail level is very good (as is usual from you by now!), and oh my goodness you fucking NAILED that horn, i don't think it could look much better than it does. c:

Thank ye!

also speaking of dogs here have a dogtective

i can't draw dog butts apparently

Yee, because dogs don't have butts like that. Needs a lot more haunch. Poor dogtective has skinny, skinny thighs. ;_;

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: May 06, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »

I quite like how this turned out, especially since it took literally five minute to make.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8478 on: May 07, 2017, 07:03:05 am »

Really not happy with it, but however.

Edit:

Spoiler: meme doodle (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:13:16 am by Arx »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: May 07, 2017, 01:01:36 pm »

Seems like the problem is that only his arms move when he lifts the estoc (I guess it's an estoc?). It's bound to be pretty heavy, right? It would look better if he leaned back slightly at the waist when he does that, I think.
It does look pretty good, though. It would look convincing in a platformer or something like that.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: May 07, 2017, 01:27:18 pm »

Found a free program called Sculptris. Opened it, it gave me a sphere and some tools.

20 minutes later:

I am only slightly disappointed that I didn't find the "save project" button until after I closed that one.

In slightly less unsettling news, sketched this guy:
Spoiler: Limbo champion 2017 (click to show/hide)
Only slightly.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8481 on: May 07, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »

Seems like the problem is that only his arms move when he lifts the estoc (I guess it's an estoc?). It's bound to be pretty heavy, right? It would look better if he leaned back slightly at the waist when he does that, I think.
It does look pretty good, though. It would look convincing in a platformer or something like that.

It's a longsword! Lighter than one might expect - about a kilogram, maybe a bit more, maybe a little bit less. The problem is that to get into Ochs (the high stance) he'd need to pivot his body, which I realised, couldn't make look good, and decided to see if it was passable without. Short answer is no, it's not. :P

The dream is actually sticking this guy into a platform game. I'm looking at engines at the moment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: May 07, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »

Dark Souls 3 has exactly that animation for switching to the high stance. Maybe you could use that as a reference?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8484 on: May 08, 2017, 02:49:05 pm »

"Freehanding"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8485 on: May 08, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

"Freehand (third-person singular simple present freehands, present participle freehanding, simple past and past participle freehanded)
To conduct a procedure involving use of the hands without any helping device or guide."

He's not using a bipod or a mount or anything.
We normally mount that stuff on planes and tanks...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: May 08, 2017, 04:29:26 pm »

"Freehand (third-person singular simple present freehands, present participle freehanding, simple past and past participle freehanded)
To conduct a procedure involving use of the hands without any helping device or guide."

He's not using a bipod or a mount or anything.
We normally mount that stuff on planes and tanks...
Keywords being "conduct a procedure". He's wielding the autocannon. I would say "shoulder-firing it", but I'm not sure that means what I mean it to mean.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:14 pm »

I decided to sprite a ship for Starsector. Fun times!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8488 on: May 08, 2017, 07:10:45 pm »

I decided to sprite a ship for Starsector. Fun times!

IIRC Starsector ships don't have black outlines, but if it's for a mod or just fun then it doesn't necessarily matter. Also, I do believe it needs hardpoints. Other than that, it's looking pretty good. Could use some anti-aliasing.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: May 08, 2017, 07:20:33 pm »

Hm, I thought they did. Darn. Yea, hardpoints come last when everything else is working well. EDIT: Danke for advice.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 845