Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1239778 times)

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8865 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:36 am »

Yeah !  o:
How'd you know?
It's generally my first hunch when people talk about using a framework instead of a full-fledged engine.
It's easy to use but doesn't hold your hand, pretty much everything I could ask from a framework to be honen.

CSFML is pretty close though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:55:37 am by Noyemi K »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: October 07, 2017, 11:05:27 am »

Could someone give me some criticisms? Like, just fuck me up fam

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8867 on: October 07, 2017, 12:27:57 pm »

Alright, clearing the nice stuff out of the way first (:P) it's very expressive, and right off the bat I'd say it's a solid norsewoman (or very feminine man, I guess).

Her left upper arm is or appears too short, and it's a bit tricky to tell what exactly is going on with her front - I'm not sure if she has strapping of some kind, or what precisely is happening. Her left eye should probably be sort of flipped - a little wider towards the nose, form this angle.

Which raises the point that her front should probably obscure her right shoulder and upper arm a liiittle more - at the moment it looks slightly like everything is drawn with her standing at a slight angle, except for parts of her arms which seem to fit a straight-on perspective better.

It really isn't too shabby at all. The only thing that really bothers me is the arm being short.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: October 07, 2017, 12:46:50 pm »

Yes, but you won't like my advice. And sorry for not posting in your thread anymore, I run out of things to say and feel uncomfortable giving frequent encouragements.

Try a different method of drawing: Draw a messy sketch first. Flesh it out a bit by drawing stuff hidden behind the character. That upper left horn, for instance, has its base positioned a bit off, and it would be better if you knew exactly where the shoulder was connecting to the torso. That big belt buckle looks like it should be 3D, but that you don't quite know where it should be. Then, when you know exactly where the lines should be, inking it is a breeze.

You don't have to do this every time. After a few weeks of such sketches, you'll think about it more, and your current style will be much better.

Also, the arms don't seem to have armor, and I think it'd look cooler if the chain from the helmet was draped over the pauldrons a bit more, instead of just disappearing behind them. Your line thickness could be more varied - The chest, for example, would look better if the criss-crossing lines were slightly thinner than the lines between the arms and torso.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: October 08, 2017, 06:38:36 am »

Her left eye should probably be sort of flipped - a little wider towards the nose, form this angle.
Why?

and it would be better if you knew exactly where the shoulder was connecting to the torso.
I'm not sure what this means.

Also, by "messy sketch" do you mean something like this?

https://imgur.com/KvVeJGp
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #8870 on: October 08, 2017, 06:26:43 pm »

Been meaning to reply to this for a while now:
- I'm the wrong person to comment on this first one.
Haha yer
- Pretty good. Anatomy works, proportions are OK, the clothes look good. Her bangs look awful, they don't even look like badly cut bangs they're just far too square and the gaps are too big between them. If it was a more cartoony art style it might work but here, no. This is a great start, the next step is to start varying your line weight. If you can figure that out your art will start improving immensely.
Cool. I'll work on it. So when you say line weights thats like how thick the line is right? so its not all the same thickness? Can someone give some examples if they are feeling up to it?
- Looks like a dude from Bob's Burgers, copied the art style perfectly if it was intentional. See above complaints about line weight. I can't tell if he's wearing a shirt or not because you didn't completely draw his shirt collar.
Indeed you are correct. Try'd to copy the style.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8871 on: October 09, 2017, 10:01:33 am »

Also, by "messy sketch" do you mean something like this?

https://imgur.com/KvVeJGp
Now, i can't speak for Nirur, but to me, a messy sketch is where you sketch ALL THE THINGS with no regard to them being (partially) obscured by other things. I don't always do this myself, but it helps tremendously to make things look... Coherent, i guess. In relation to your drawing, a messy sketch would be somewhere in between the red construction lines and black lines in polish, something to guide you for the finished lines so you only have to focus on making them look neat instead of figuring out how to draw the fingers. Could be that you're already doing this kind of three step drawing, iunno. :v

I can't really add anything beyond what Arx and Nirur has said, so hey, nice work!

---

also things

Spoiler: a most fearsome beast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: also an eel (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:56 pm »

He's playing some real metal for us all. Looking great!
Eyyyyyyy thanks! Also i fuckin love your drawings, i second GUNIN's notion about inquiring about a gallery where i can follow your exploits. :v

These all look rather fantastic. What kind of paper and pens do you use? Do you do layouts in pencil first or do you just have at it with the pen? Do you have a Twitter/DeviantArt/Tumblr I can follow?

Thank you guys, really appreciate your feedback. Currently I don't have either a DeviantArt or Tumblr account, but I can provide this context-less twitter account where I semi-regularly post the drawings I like the most (read: whenever I remember to do it).

Now, my Instagram account is where I post the most, I consider it rather handy and hassle free. However, exchanging feedback and constructive criticism is not one of Instagram's strong points.

Here are some of my most recent drawings, a series revolving around wolves:

Spoiler: Curious boy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hocico (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Big eyes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coarse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rabies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Memento Mori (click to show/hide)

As to GUNINANRUNIN's question regarding tools, I mainly layout with regular HB pens and use fineliners after that. For thin strokes I use "Artline" pens by Shachihata, a 0.05 and a 0.1 usually do the trick. If I have to work on big surfaces or while filling a background I use Faber-Castell's PITT artist pens, between sizes 0.3 and 0.5.
I've heard wonders about Sakura fineliners and Copic pens, but I'm currently living on a shoestring budget and would rather give myself those tools whenever I become more skilled.

About paper... I'm having similar issues, because I'm aware that using the right kind of paper makes a whole world of difference. I've used Canson paper for a couple of comissions and I had been watercoloring on a tiny Moleskine sketchbook, one I received on my birthday two years ago, but I'm currently drawing on a non-descript sketchbook, its paper rather yellowish and possibly acid-free (I can't read the chinese label on the back so I'm not sure about that :P).

I've been silently reading and admiring your art, guys. Keep up the good work!
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: October 09, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

Holy dang, them pencil masteries v:

I'm extra sold on the Big Eyes, or rather the freaking single hairs you drew on there. Simply sublime.

---

As for me, I'm tinkering about multiplayer SPAMGAME of sorts (FG&RP people will understand), and as it revolves around an Empire and its numerous tiny memberstates (think HRE, in fantasy/alt world), it occured to me that these memberstates need coats of arms.

So there you go, 28 starting States' coat of arms *rambling* there's 53 imperial lands total, so if starters break down I will need another 25 coats, wew boy

Spoiler: IMPERIAL COATS OF ARMS (click to show/hide)

I've tried to follow usual heraldric rules on coloring and shapes rather closely, but considering I'm doing heraldry for ~6 hours, I'm not best ;v

EDITEDIT: A little update with proper 'crowning' for birds and felines (not that's a lot of pixels, but still), changed Waifunberg to follow color rules, and fixed full black Zetten and Oreoburg with brown-ish bordering.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:07:32 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:52 pm »

That coat of arms for France is out of alphabetical order.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: October 09, 2017, 03:24:41 pm »

"Manufaktur" sounds like a place that was created in the wake of the Industrial Revolution of that region...

Posting to Watch, by the way

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: October 09, 2017, 03:42:49 pm »

That coat of arms for France is out of alphabetical order.

Oh heck, there's one? Which one is it v;

"Manufaktur" sounds like a place that was created in the wake of the Industrial Revolution of that region...

Pfft, read the rest aloud and you will notice I wasn't super serious with naming conventions there :P
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:47:03 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: October 09, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »

...Waifunberg?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: October 09, 2017, 04:22:31 pm »

It is now Waifunberg has a large population of waifus, duh
SigFlags!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8879 on: October 09, 2017, 07:14:10 pm »

My current DnD 5e character, Kelly Polito the human ranger, drawn next to my math notes while practicing with my friend as we always do every Monday.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She was written as a former mercenary and veteran of campaigns but in practice she is a country gal with all the practical sensibilities that come with that, ignorant yet inoffensive, cowardly except for fits of loyalty, and the world is mighty cruel to her but nothing gets her down (except that time she cried when she had to kill a horse).
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 845