Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1239926 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8895 on: October 12, 2017, 12:42:10 pm »

I would join that but all the good names are taken so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Helliste has quadruple fiery wheels of doom for an emblem tho, v;
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8896 on: October 15, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

introducing Voofski Borkov the russian dog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

have you ever bred a dog to be so russian that it grew a mustache
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: October 15, 2017, 11:32:13 pm »

You truly captured the spirit of russian. KOMRADE! :V
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8898 on: October 16, 2017, 02:17:16 am »

Spoiler: Contains anime (click to show/hide)

I am still truly awful at simplified styles. Who needs line weights anyway, other errors aside?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8899 on: October 16, 2017, 10:34:17 am »

Actually pretty good! Pose is a bit stiff though, and i feel like the foreshortening on the arm is kinda going the wrong way, if that makes sense. The arm is clearly pointing more towards the camera than away, but the hand gets super small at the end of it as if it's further away.

You truly captured the spirit of russian. KOMRADE! :V
DA, RUSSIA IS MADE OF MUSTACHE AND BEAR SKIN HAT

also vodka but i don't know if dogs can take vodka

russian dog probably can
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: October 16, 2017, 10:37:10 am »

Spoiler: Not good, but eh (click to show/hide)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8901 on: October 16, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »

Neat. Symbol/crest of a federation/union of some kind, I assume?

-feedback-

Thank.

Spoiler: Painted (click to show/hide)

Took a shot at fixing the hand, but it didn't really pan out. Any other advice appreciated - someone has tried to critique it and, uh, not said anything I agree with, so I'm looking for a second opinion on what exactly the issues (which are certainly there) are.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8902 on: October 16, 2017, 08:56:30 pm »

I think the waist is the culprit, else it's really good !

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: October 16, 2017, 11:44:52 pm »

[...]
Her waist seems pretty okay :O Thin women can look pretty much like that. :P (source: me and my friends :v not everyone has the whole waist deposits or allocation of fats given the metabolism)
But yeah, the body figure is okay, and perhaps its the clothing that gives a change of perspective present.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:12:46 am by Tiruin »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8904 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:53 am »

I think (within the bounds of stylistic difference) the greater part of the issues are probably seated in the waist, yeah. I intended for it to be narrow, but it is perhaps too narrow. Thank you for the sketch, that's actually very useful.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: October 17, 2017, 01:07:52 am »

Neat. Symbol/crest of a federation/union of some kind, I assume?
Legation Cities, Kaiserreich. Alternate history version of the Shanghai International Settlement/Municipality.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8906 on: October 17, 2017, 01:32:43 am »

[...]
Her waist seems pretty okay :O Thin women can look pretty much like that. :P (source: me and my friends :v not everyone has the whole waist deposits or allocation of fats given the metabolism)
But yeah, the body figure is okay, and perhaps its the clothing that gives a change of perspective present.

It's not fat, it's hips :U Even if you're very thin, you still need to stretch that skin over the thoracic cage and hips, and it would make some sort of curvature. Maybe my redline is a bit too pronounced, but the whole body should not be shaped like a tube. Even the thinner of dude has some sort of curvature. Sure you can have litterally zero fat, but you cannot have litterally zero bones O:

Additional critics, absolutely friendly and requested by author I believe : I would recommend not to use realistic painting style on anime figures, 9 times out of 10 it'll fall right into the uncanny valley and you want to avoid that. I would suggest to either go full realistic or stick to very simple forms and shadows for a cartoon/anime style.

Also, I would advise to try simpler angles. Flat angles are easier and give better results in general, provided you construct your drawings (by looking at it I think you do). To give the picture more easy punch, you also can invest in movement rather than in hard perspectives. Floating capes and hairs help a lot to get the character moving.

Tho I'm writing that hoping it helps, feel free to disreguard if it doesn't and no need to feel defensive.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: October 17, 2017, 01:37:45 am »

Tho I'm writing that hoping it helps, feel free to disreguard if it doesn't and no need to feel defensive.
Ooh, I didn't take anything as...err, leading to defensiveness D: sorry if it came off that way. I was more adding onto the idea you mentioned because there are thin women who have that kind of body structure...that I'm unsure if it is 'common' so also meaning 'familiar' for many people, but there are body structures where the hip line and thoracic cage can be congruent-like (at least, that's why I mentioned the clothing :P it is padding itself) and mentioned myself and some other women...which was probably unneeded

I do recall the importance of body structure being 'a connection of curves and not straight lines' though, and that is pretty much a good point! ...Although I also do recall that whenever we draw people, it's not in the magnified nearness we all see ourselves in first-person, so the distance does blur out curves into near-straight lines in a way.
Additional critics, absolutely friendly and requested by author I believe : I would recommend not to use realistic painting style on anime figures, 9 times out of 10 it'll fall right into the uncanny valley and you want to avoid that. I would suggest to either go full realistic or stick to very simple forms and shadows for a cartoon/anime style.
Err, how uncanny? I first thought anime figures were based on realistic portrayals, but like much animation, has its own style put into it (like why we never have noses in anime :P, because expression or expressive parts are emphasized I believe)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8908 on: October 17, 2017, 02:11:08 am »

Ooh, I didn't take anything as...err, leading to defensiveness D: sorry if it came off that way.

Oh no it's not you, it's me :D People can be really touchy feely when they receive criticism (I know I am) so when in doubt I exercise caution. Better safe than sorry :D

I was more adding onto the idea you mentioned because there are thin women who have that kind of body structure...that I'm unsure if it is 'common' so also meaning 'familiar' for many people, but there are body structures where the hip line and thoracic cage can be congruent-like (at least, that's why I mentioned the clothing :P it is padding itself) and mentioned myself and some other women...which was probably unneeded

I'm sure, 100% sure that you have curves :D Your body is not a tube, 100% garantee I can bet my saving on that.
I tried to draw a body with the absolute minimum of curves. Trying to reduce them further looks very very wierd to me

I had to recheck for anatomy multiple times, since eliminating the markers kind of throws off my perception a bit.

Err, how uncanny? I first thought anime figures were based on realistic portrayals, but like much animation, has its own style put into it (like why we never have noses in anime :P, because expression or expressive parts are emphasized I believe)

The uncanny valley, that's one of the artist's foe. There is a place between "cartoon" and "realistic" you absolutely want to avoid, because it's really disturbing to the viewer. Mostly, trying to mix realistic painting with cartoon outlines will create this effect.
Also yes, if you're going for manga style, especially when drawing women, it's good to emphasise on neotenic features ; big eyes, small mouth, and as few details as you can :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:13:49 am by Cathar »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8909 on: October 17, 2017, 02:32:45 am »

I appreciate any feedback. If I think it's misguided I'll just not use it or seek a second opinion.

This ended up proportioned more in the anime style than I originally intended, but your point is valid. I know simple angles are easier - that's why I don't use them much. :P If an artwork doesn't stretch my skills in some way I consider it a less efficient use of my time than it could be.

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 845