Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1261163 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9165 on: January 26, 2018, 05:25:52 pm »

Turtle. It didn't need to be textured for my assignment. I just need to hide the terrible topography.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:28:01 pm by BlackFlyme »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: January 27, 2018, 02:44:18 pm »

Terrible... sure lol.  If I saw that in a game I'd be like "yeah, that's a turtle."  Wouldn't stand out at all (in a good way).

If you're bothered about the geometry you could try using the subdivision surface modifier.  Or whatever Maya's version of that is.  It adds extra vertexes along your existing edges and arranges them to make the surface appear more smooth.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: January 27, 2018, 02:51:02 pm »

I don't think the model needs more geography.  I'd suggest doing a little sculpting at higher subdivision, and making a normal map.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:23 pm »

It does have a normal map. The wireframe is a mess though. It's a retop assignment; making a low-rez model from a higher resolution model we're supplied with. The first time I've ever done it as well, aside from following the quick tutorial the teacher gave.

We didn't have to add any textures or anything, but we can for bonus marks. I haven't seen anyone go as far as I have with it though.

I'd try and fix it up at home, but my laptop can't run Maya well. The program takes forever to do simple functions and crashes much too frequently.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:19:03 pm by BlackFlyme »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: January 28, 2018, 12:06:06 am »

Spoiler: Trying various brushes (click to show/hide)
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: January 29, 2018, 01:57:03 pm »

Map of a Dwarf Fortress world I've been working with:

(not sure why it's a jpeg on Imgur, since it's a png on my computer?)

The mountains look kinda bad, but after a few hours I was sick of working on them. You can at least tell what they're supposed to be, I think.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: January 29, 2018, 02:07:54 pm »

You can indeed! Dig the map. ((Strike the map??))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #9172 on: January 30, 2018, 02:32:49 am »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9173 on: January 30, 2018, 07:53:45 pm »

Mm, verr goot. Exquisite details and colours, as i've almost come to expect from you. :v

also doodles while being distracted from Shadowrun

Spoiler: BUHHHHHHHHHH (click to show/hide)

Featuring Combat Squirrel(tm), grumpderg, big-ear pupper, frontal siakal and Mr Chin. :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:50:54 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9174 on: January 31, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »

Spoiler: Death Knight (click to show/hide)

The prize from a giveaway I ran on Twitter a while back.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: February 01, 2018, 03:57:02 pm »

Rigging test, with a basic skeleton on a school-supplied model.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:39:24 pm by BlackFlyme »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: February 01, 2018, 07:27:44 pm »

These are pretty.

It does have a normal map. The wireframe is a mess though. It's a retop assignment; making a low-rez model from a higher resolution model we're supplied with.

Hmm... I'd say either the baking process or the render set-up needs some refining, then.  Both have an effect on how well the sense of volume is portrayed by the normal map.

It honestly looks decent, though.  Bad geometry isn't apparent from the edges of the model.  I can see some awkwardness around the mouth.  But the biggest issue I see is the surfaces lack volume, and don't look as smooth as they should.  Unless you have some really weird crowding or spiraling on your geometry, it shouldn't be effecting those things, and I don't think your edges would look so clean if that was going on.  Re-visiting the normal baking process, or adjusting the intensity of it in photoshop or the render stage would I think be the best place to look for improvement.  Maybe either adjusting the specularity on your model (are you using a spec map?) or softening your lighting set-up would help make a more flattering image, too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:39:33 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: February 01, 2018, 07:40:20 pm »

Why don't you marry them, then?

And when your first, horribly crippled and mangled son is born, I'll be there. I'll walk up behind you and whisper in your ear, so soft you might mistake it for the wind, almost indistinguishable from the cries of distress and pain which you are issuing. And what will I say? I'll say "son of a gun."

I don't know why I wrote that. But it was oddly cathartic.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: February 01, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »

Bringing concealed puns like that into a public forum should be illegal.

Seconding that though, Noyemi; them's some quality pixels! Loving the shading within limited colors too. Reminds me of the Dawnbringer palette.

Also BlackFlyme, that is niiiice! Love the smooth secondary motion in the cable, too. Do those bones at the bottom control the rotation/angle of the wheel-assembly bit too, or are they for the hydraulic piston thing? That's a good model, and a really nice rig too!

Speaking of rigging and pixels, I've been idly learning how to combine the two lately! Doing some Low-Poly Models and Low-Res textures; still kinda working out a style, but at least the joints move sensibly and look organic enough? Low-poly rigging and animation is a weird beast, and I kept getting really jaggy folds, until I learned some joint-modelling tricks.

The models are for an equally WIP game project, for which I recently finished a low-poly map editor. Still need to figure out how to texture things, or if I want to dive back into custom shaders, but progress is progress.

Rounding out the art dump, been working on some unaliased pixel-painting stuff for another project. At last, trying to learn how to Perspective properly, among other things!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9179 on: February 01, 2018, 08:09:40 pm »

Ooo, what a nice dump to be surprised by just as i get ready to write a reply. :v

Ok so beginning from one end, that is a very nice walk cycle, plenty of swagger and livelyness in there. From a realism standpoint it's probably a bit odd to have the arms that far out, but this is obviously not intended to be maximum realism. :P

That map making tool is looking really neat! I'm reminded of Darwinia with the current look, though textures will proooooobably change that.

The pixely things are also looking good; i particularly like the little guy in the lower left of the second one. If it's what i think it is (vaguely lizardy face with big eye and sharp toothy things in front), it's adorable. :V

also speaking of game here have a pew pew

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 845