Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256943 times)

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9270 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:15 am »

She did her best!

But honestly who's she?
Oovoo-tan. Remember oovoo? The only reason I even remember it is because it was always this weird thing on the other side of the Great Teleconference War that I had never seen before and never used because I picked the Skype side back then.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: March 21, 2018, 09:57:30 am »

v:

* Haspen is extremely confused.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:10 am »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: March 21, 2018, 10:19:14 pm »

Dang you're getting better all the time!
age of empires, my old friend   :-*
With Parsely on this one, looks great!

Thanks. I want to add more to it, but I'm not sure what else I could add, except maybe a net, or using a better skeleton/IK so the sail can move a bit more realistically.

In the meantime, I made a sarcophagus.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Models in Maya almost always seem to look so shiny.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: March 23, 2018, 02:19:16 pm »

Looking for some feedback on this one:
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9275 on: March 23, 2018, 02:42:21 pm »

The problem I see is the movement doesn't have any momentum ; he lifts his leg, goes from full speed to zero in the air, then lowers it following the same path he lifted it. It gives a very unnatural feel.  When drafting animations, I would avise to start on paper, drawing the movement lines first, before starting to animate

Second thing I'd say is, we don't feel too much energy in the kick. He should wind up more, and overextend a bit so we feel the power

Also don't take it as an expert opinion,I'm dabbling pixel artist, but here's a thing I did ...two years ago alongside working paper:
Spoiler: Old stuff (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:47:59 pm by Cathar »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: March 23, 2018, 03:09:14 pm »

Thanks my dude, that is very helpful!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9277 on: March 23, 2018, 03:41:36 pm »

No worry, glad to help !
You can ask these guys : http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/ for more advices. Everything I know I learnt from them

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: March 23, 2018, 05:23:27 pm »

Spoiler: Engine flame (click to show/hide)
C&C is appreciated.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9279 on: March 23, 2018, 05:42:18 pm »

Lack of details, naked gradient on pixelart give an amateurish look. Also as a general note, you should post your art in their original size, and not sized up, it makes it a bit harder to criticize.

Added some details and reflection, can't comment on the flame because I have no idea how to make them in pixelart. If it's for a videogame, I advise to use the flame as a separate entity and to put its layer mode as "divide" or "color dodge" so it gives the feel it's producing light

Edit : Oh and yes, another advice : never use more colors than you need to. In pixel art, you want to reduce the number of color used to its absolute minimum. Back in the days it was a necessity to avoid eating all the memory, now it's done for the retro feel. Don't use 5 shades of fray and 5 shades of red orange, try to work with less colors
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:24:09 pm by Cathar »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: March 23, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »

Lack of details, naked gradient on pixelart give an amateurish look. Also as a general note, you should post your art in their original size, and not sized up, it makes it a bit harder to criticize.

-snip-
Added some details and reflection, can't comment on the flame because I have no idea how to make them in pixelart. If it's for a videogame, I advise to use the flame as a separate entity and to put its layer mode as "divide" or "color dodge" so it gives the feel it's producing light

Edit : Oh and yes, another advice : never use more colors than you need to. In pixel art, you want to reduce the number of color used to its absolute minimum. Back in the days it was a necessity to avoid eating all the memory, now it's done for the retro feel. Don't use 5 shades of fray and 5 shades of red orange, try to work with less colors
Thanks for the great advice!
I'll include a regular size version in addition to the scaled up.
Spoiler: Modified Engine (click to show/hide)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9281 on: March 23, 2018, 06:49:44 pm »

Much, much better in my humble opinion !

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9282 on: March 23, 2018, 08:07:41 pm »

Looking for some feedback on this one:
[occasionally dabbling animator noises]

ok actually calling myself an animator is a HUGE stretch

Dogpiling on top of what Cathar said, also needs moar exaggeration and whole body motion. Like, for this kick, it's mostly only the lower leg actually moving, and while that's relatively realistic as far as front kicks go (at least the quick non-heavy ones), it's just not that visually interesting to look at. Gotta bring that leg way back, arc the body like a taught bow, sling that foot out like some crazy dude slinging his foot out to kick someone in the face really hard, let it linger for just a brief moment to let people feel just how much that shit hurt, and then briskly bring it back to the starting position so you don't have to animate too many recovery frames. Keeping all this bending and stretching centered above the base of support is what makes it look natural, because humens don't like falling over. :v

Now, i've not done this nearly enough to call myself anything close to proficient at it, but i attempted to sketch up a quick sequence to show what i mean:

This could probably be stretched to like 12 frames, but i'm a lazy man and also keyframes. This isn't even as exaggerated as i intended, but o well lol. :v

also i've been in a heckin slump but here have a few doodlings

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9283 on: March 23, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »

Silly you, it's not dogpiling if you're helping :U Also people who never try never fail, but they also never improve

I want to get backto pixelart oneday, but Idon't have the time to learn to program, a streak of bad luck working with programmers, and a total inaptitude at working at something not related to a wider project

Also cute sketches as always:D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:31:37 pm by Cathar »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: March 23, 2018, 08:43:48 pm »

This thread is usually exceptionally good at giving good, concise criticism, so by all means, pile one!
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 845