Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260682 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9450 on: April 29, 2018, 06:57:53 pm »

A little WIP of something unrelated to my wider projects. I want my character CG in my ROTK13 game and it's a good opportunity to bite on something tougher than what I usually eat

(Yeah, he's a human version of Chenda in the other thread)

Spoiler: His stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:36:29 am by Cathar »

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: April 30, 2018, 03:32:03 am »

So this weekend I happened to find an old box of unused pastels in my art supplies drawer. Fun was had. Not mastery by any stretch of the imagination, but definitely fun. I might be doing more of this :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9452 on: April 30, 2018, 02:28:37 pm »

I use several editors. In Photoshop it is convenient to work with layers but it's hard to get used to mixing brushes but it's easier to create an original brush or texture. PaintToolSai a convenient mix of brushes is an easy program and suitable for sketches. MyPaint is convenient for sketches and convenient hot keys (unlike many editors, you can change its size and density right during the stroke) (free license). Manga Studio is a very powerful editor, in my opinion it is very similar to the patented picture but more advanced (it is possible to create templates, brushes, textures, it is possible to use the three-dimensional model of a person to select the desired angle and make a sketch or see the proportions from this angle). I am personally use Photoshop, the most advanced editor I know, two big drawbacks - you need to get used to it, and it's not free.
This is incredible, the colors are amazing, the lighting and the dew on his skin is awesome.

However, it looks like his eyes aren't the same size, and a little too big in general but you could probably overlook that. The ear is also very big, and it looks like it's too high on his head!

Other than that, the resemblance to Rutger Hauer is truly uncanny, you should be proud of this!!!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: April 30, 2018, 03:41:01 pm »

I can never seem to coax passable quality out of a maya playblast. Messy videos every time.

I rigged my character from before, but it's all sorts of messed up. I think it's hidden here though.

Someone's been emailing me asking me to sell my models on some site called CGTrader, and I don't really know how to respond. If anyone has any experience with this, or any advice, I'd be open to hearing it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:18:20 pm by BlackFlyme »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9454 on: April 30, 2018, 04:16:32 pm »

As a rule of thumb in anything art related : if they come with you with the money in hand, they are good to go and you can mark them as reliable customers. If they make you jump through hoops promising you cash in the long run, that's likely a scam. Don't respond.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: April 30, 2018, 04:24:16 pm »

CGTrader is a company running an online 3D model marketplace of the same name. The online platform allows designers and modeling studios to upload and either sell or share their 3D models with the community. Developers and designers can then buy these 3D models for further use in both commercial and non-commercial projects. The models are split into three major categories: 3D computer graphics, 3D printing ready, and low poly (used in games and augmented reality/virtual reality apps).
Sounds like they're a middle man, not a buyer. So yes, you can advertise your stuff there and it miiiiight get bought, but they won't do it themselves.

Edit: Whoops, misread. If they're interested in buying it, then doesn't sound too bad I guess. But I've no experience to relate on the matter - I thought you were saying the company would buy them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:25:51 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9456 on: April 30, 2018, 04:32:26 pm »

Also, another thing that might be important to you : know and read the intellectual property laws of your country, so you know what you are selling. For exemple, where I am, even if I were to sell you my stuff, I would as the artist, remain the sole intellectual owner of my art, and would just sell you the permission to use it - I litterally cannot sell or give my intellectual property.

I believe you have a art teacher and I would dearly recommend you to seek council to him before embarking in that kind of stuff

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: April 30, 2018, 04:37:51 pm »

I know a bit. I'll have to do some research. Right now, there's nothing I can sell even if I did want to go through with this. While I can give my stuff out for free, I'm on student licenses, so I can't make any money off anything I've made so far.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9458 on: April 30, 2018, 04:48:11 pm »

Alright. In general, if it's too good to be true, it's probably not true and the internet is filled with sharks that target young artists who don't know their rights, so be super careful and again, if you can ask a pro, it's the best course of action

Edit :Have some more WIPs

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:09:43 pm by Cathar »

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: May 02, 2018, 09:43:08 am »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: May 02, 2018, 02:30:55 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: May 02, 2018, 03:54:10 pm »

Ditto.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: May 04, 2018, 03:02:33 pm »

Did a couple beginner tutorials for Blender yesterday (a cup, another cup, and a cloth falling into a bowl), and felt like doing something by myself. It being May the 4th, I figured I'd try to make a lightsaber.

First I spent two hours crafting the model and fiddling with Blender Render

I decided to switch to the Cycles Render and fiddled with it for an other two hours.

After a little break, I image searched for Blender-made lightsabers, and felt like my lightsaber still needed some work. I skimmed through a lightsaber tutorial video for some tips, and spent another two hours adding a little ring to the pommel, making the beam look better, and figuring out how to get a better picture.

I feel like I could fiddle with it for few more hours, but I've decided not to touch it again today :D (and if I ever decide to make a lightsaber again, I think I'll make a bit fancier handle...)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: May 04, 2018, 03:51:10 pm »

Looks pretty darn snazzy to me. Nice going!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: May 04, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »

That... is beautiful.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 845