Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260269 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9690 on: July 29, 2018, 02:26:48 am »

"Truly", not "Truely". I'll freely admit that that one's bullshit on English's part, though. ;|
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9691 on: July 29, 2018, 02:28:20 am »

Those are just stupid pages I do to calm my nerves, they have absolutely zero pretentions so I won't correct them, but indeed english is a bs language :D

There, a last one

I had a stressful week
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:34:17 am by Cathar »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: July 29, 2018, 09:41:06 am »

Is that a comic about birds pooping on people as though it were a military operation?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: July 29, 2018, 12:07:56 pm »

PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION OvO!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9694 on: July 29, 2018, 04:55:17 pm »

An update to the prototype game I posted here a few weeks ago, in case anyone is interested. It's much more a game now, still early though.

https://ticktockbent.itch.io/particle-blaster

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9695 on: July 29, 2018, 05:18:46 pm »

An update to the prototype game I posted here a few weeks ago, in case anyone is interested. It's much more a game now, still early though.

https://ticktockbent.itch.io/particle-blaster
I played a few levels and it seems very playable, please keep posting your progress!

Criticisms, wishes, and bugs:
- Right clicking gives you points and you can do it forever, so if you want you could just keep clicking and earning points.
- I hope there are some ways the right click magnet ability can be made more challenging or interesting to use on its use, if you're patient you can beat the only level in one shot very consistently by clicking until the atoms are all in a big ball. Maybe it'll be better when there are obstacles.
- Looks like the quit buttons in the title menu, escape menu, and next level menu don't work, and left clicking while the escape or end of level menu is open makes the shot sound effect and decreases your shot counter. A retry or restart button would be nice if that fits with the design intent.
- I would like it if there was a volume slider or mute button since the sound effects get pretty obnoxious while you're playing, or swapping them for some calmer, softer sounds.
- I think it would also make sense to give the player bonus points for each shot they didn't use, or some other reward for being efficient. Maybe shots you don't use should carry into the next level?

Once it has more levels or behaviors I would want to try playing again.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9696 on: July 29, 2018, 06:37:05 pm »

I played a few levels and it seems very playable, please keep posting your progress!
Thanks for checking it out!

Criticisms, wishes, and bugs:
- Right clicking gives you points and you can do it forever, so if you want you could just keep clicking and earning points.
- I hope there are some ways the right click magnet ability can be made more challenging or interesting to use on its use, if you're patient you can beat the only level in one shot very consistently by clicking until the atoms are all in a big ball. Maybe it'll be better when there are obstacles.
- Looks like the quit buttons in the title menu, escape menu, and next level menu don't work, and left clicking while the escape or end of level menu is open makes the shot sound effect and decreases your shot counter. A retry or restart button would be nice if that fits with the design intent.
- I would like it if there was a volume slider or mute button since the sound effects get pretty obnoxious while you're playing, or swapping them for some calmer, softer sounds.
- I think it would also make sense to give the player bonus points for each shot they didn't use, or some other reward for being efficient. Maybe shots you don't use should carry into the next level?

Once it has more levels or behaviors I would want to try playing again.

The right clicking for points thing, known issue. The right click ability was limited in use but I had to revert that for another reason. It will eventually be part of a powerup/ability system and will have limited use.

Regarding quit buttons: The game was developed as a windows build and within unity the function for quitting (application.quit) has no effect when running as a webapp. You can't 'quit' a website after all. I suppose you could close it but embedded webapps can't close pages to my knowledge. I've altered it to drop you back to the main menu in my local build.

The sounds were a quick addition, I'll be sure to add a volume slider when I put in an options menu. Sorry!

Good idea on the bonus points per shot. The score wasn't intended to be the main focus, added mostly to give the prototype some purpose, but for now that would work well. Eventually I plan to have a storyline and some progression to this, as well as multi-chamber levels with objectives.

Thanks again for looking at it, I love getting feedback and outside opinions. Sometimes when you're developing stuff you get tunnel vision.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9697 on: July 30, 2018, 04:36:35 am »

Is that a comic about birds pooping on people as though it were a military operation?

it is precisely that

Pixie squad theme song
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:44:57 am by Cathar »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9698 on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:28 am »

Thanks again for looking at it, I love getting feedback and outside opinions. Sometimes when you're developing stuff you get tunnel vision.
No problem! I've been trying to get the gumption to work on something myself so this is inspiring. Don't forget to post again!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: July 30, 2018, 11:40:12 am »

A bug; no matter how many shots you do have in level, it always shows '3'.

EDIT: Another one; when I used magnet ability when the 'you lost!' popup showed up, and restarted, the next game was 'automatically' lost, but I didn't even shoot once.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:42:28 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aper and Warrior make a powerful effect of beauty.
(Please help translate without errors!!111)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: July 30, 2018, 12:49:25 pm »

Aper and Warrior are powerfully beautiful?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: July 30, 2018, 12:55:45 pm »

Aper and Warrior try to impress everyone with their irresistible beauty.
(Aper- means a strong wild boar) (Aper and Warrior are the nicknames)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9703 on: July 30, 2018, 01:09:53 pm »

I don't know if it works with the ladies, but it works with me

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:16:59 pm by Cathar »

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: July 30, 2018, 01:58:34 pm »

I don't know if it works with the ladies, but it works with me

Many thanks, that's what I wanted to say! :)
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 845