Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1261817 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9780 on: August 19, 2018, 10:28:38 am »

I love the colors, blue and yellow go well together
But I advise you to keep the text to an absolute minimum. The flag should speak for itself... And would without the text, really it gets the point accross - primary colors say "we are peaceful" and the logo incorporate both infinitely small and the infinitely big representations in the collective conscience, which indicate they are technologically inclined. Pic speaks for itself really

Seconding Cathar; to me this looks more like, well, a propaganda banner than actual flag ;)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: August 19, 2018, 11:46:08 am »

I'll make a revised version that puts some insignia or whatever in place of the text.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9782 on: August 19, 2018, 01:38:44 pm »

So...I did it. Three pages a week, without compromising quality too much. That was something, I'm proud of myself. 36% of this project is now done.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:12:32 pm by Cathar »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9783 on: August 19, 2018, 02:11:46 pm »

Trying to sprite again, making more characters for a BoundWorlds project.  The subjects of my next project will be FIVE CHARACTERS: a KNIGHT, a DANCER, a FLUTIST, a VAGRANT, and a JESTER.  Special prize to whoever guesses where they are going.

Here's the first one, the Knight.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: August 19, 2018, 11:33:55 pm »

Well, I'd try to guess, but I have no clue. The dancer, flutist, and jester make me think of some kind of performing troupe though.
The Knight looks pretty nice.

I'm attempting to sprite with... no experience whatsoever, and I ended up with this.

It's supposed to be a sprite for an object that, when activated, changes whether blue or red sand floors are useable.
It's not great, so what could I do to improve it?
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:42 am »

I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to be.  An hourglass?

You can make things look a more 3-dimensional by adding some shading. Usually if you want something to look round and like it "sticks out" you put some dark shading around the edges and light pixels in the middle. If it is meant to be "indented" you do the opposite.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: August 20, 2018, 12:33:19 am »

Yeah. In retrospect, I have literally no clue at all why it is an hourglass. I should probably toss this and go with something that makes sense instead.

I'd do so (and actually originally attempted to), but I really am not good at this. How do people actually learn how to do this anyway?
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: August 20, 2018, 02:02:51 am »

Usually what I'll do is open up a sprite of something similar to what it is I'm drawing and copy it freehand, or using a sprite I drew earlier as a guide.  Not close enough to perfectly replicate it, but enough to get a feel for where shading ought to go.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: August 20, 2018, 02:04:17 am »

Makes sense. I'll remember that when I finally figure out what I actually want the thing to be. Now I just have to do that.

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: August 20, 2018, 12:21:23 pm »

Well, i've already sorta set a precedent mentioning that some stuff is fanart so... might as well get this out of the way
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Splatoon Octo Expansion... was good.

and here's my an absurdly gaudy oc that I probably will never be able to draw consistently on account of the six different textures on their outfit.

Annd a super old probably never to be completed drawing of Kratos Aurion from the Tales series.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: August 20, 2018, 03:53:23 pm »

Trying to make a Dancer, but it's not easy to convey an image of "gracefulness" with this particular art style.  Something's missing, and I'm not sure what.
I'll try it again, and save her for a different character's sprite.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:15 pm »

Today's practice and source of frustration:
A map. God I love maps. This one is for a short little story I thought up after my recent Airships binge.
Speaking of both, I'd like to perhaps shift my focus to a smaller story such as this to practice comic-making... I have a big issue with not finishing projects and I really need to overcome it.

It's hard as heck to draw boats or ships. Hulls are just so frustrating and getting all the decks lined up right... well I took a couple of cracks at it, but I just cannot get it:
Original side-view concept based on my Airships designs.
Took a crack at a more fully-realized design a la the Earthwards Bound*, but jeez--AWFUL:
Finally, I sat down and just tried to visualize what I was only seeing sideways:
That is the design that makes most sense to me, but man I just can't even sketch it orthogonally. I keep starting and throwing out sketches because they're so skewed and deformed. IDK, maybe I still don't know what I need to be drawing--I can visualize the airship in my head, this one eludes me.

EDIT: The original design, in case anyone is curious:
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9792 on: August 22, 2018, 05:27:30 pm »

Speaking of both, I'd like to perhaps shift my focus to a smaller story such as this to practice comic-making... I have a big issue with not finishing projects and I really need to overcome it.

I say you should just jump into the water. It feels cold cause you're just dipping your toes in it. Once you're set, it's easier.

Just draw something like, ten pages with a beggining and an end. Don't plan it before hand, don't ink or color afterward. Just go through the ten pages.

Also...37% done
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:39:29 pm by Cathar »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: August 22, 2018, 09:00:26 pm »

I say you should just jump into the water. It feels cold cause you're just dipping your toes in it. Once you're set, it's easier.

Just draw something like, ten pages with a beggining and an end. Don't plan it before hand, don't ink or color afterward. Just go through the ten pages.

Haha, you're right--I'm so caught up in finishing it/making it look good, I'm not doing it at all. Time to just make it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9794 on: August 23, 2018, 04:04:22 pm »

Have another WIP because I feel like shooting them like a machinegun. Man I can't wait to see that whole project finished.
(tho its a bit sad to be excited about my own stuff but what can I do)
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 845