Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282947 times)

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2013, 06:17:25 pm »

Just gonna post my MSPaint shit here, because I never do any serious pieces.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 16, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »

been arting more.

couldnt really figure out how to make stars, and the lens flare is cheesy, but oh well
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 17, 2013, 05:35:30 am »

Just gonna post my MSPaint shit here, because I never do any serious pieces.

Impressive.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #738 on: February 17, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »

I'm extremely proud of this one, a piece about nature
http://soundcloud.com/vaniardur/halindir-europa-vi

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 18, 2013, 12:05:04 pm »

Impressive.
Thanks! I really liked doing the ones with the colored backgrounds. I used the freeform cut tool and such.
I'm extremely proud of this one, a piece about nature
http://soundcloud.com/vaniardur/halindir-europa-vi
This sounds amazing! I love the sudden burst of percussion at 1.02. Although, at the middle part it gets a bit repetitive. Still really great.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #740 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:57 pm »

BY THE SWEET AND SOUR MINERALS FOUND IN EVERY DARK CORNER OF THE EARTH

That is an excellent and awesome piece of music. Do you know how awesome it is? I get the epic-chills from listening to it, because it evokes such epic imagery in my head. NOT MANY SONGS DO THAT TO ME. :D

@Ricky: Ay that's pretty cool yo! I have to wonder though, what's the red ring on the planet? Red Ring of Doom indicating a planet that doesn't support life? :P
Also, our sun is a star. Basically just draw stars like you'd draw the sun, except way smaller/more distant, and by proxy, dimmer. Basically shiny little dots.

Oh yeah, i managed to pick up the pen tool in GIMP and actually brawl it to give me a neat outline out of the previous dinosaur doodle i posted.
now it just needs some shading and everything will be acceptable
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »

I do love your linework Shook, so clean *o*

Anyways, you when you're in a hurry and should have left the house like five minutes ago but inspiration and the creative energy takes you and you just HAVE to do that one piece?

Well that's how I spent the last 20 minutes :C

God damned Blind Guardian and their awesome music :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 18, 2013, 08:35:59 pm »

Anyways, you when you're in a hurry and should have left the house like five minutes ago but inspiration and the creative energy takes you and you just HAVE to do that one piece?

Well that's how I spent the last 20 minutes :C

God damned Blind Guardian and their awesome music :C
that took 20 minutes? That's impressively fast. The pyromancer I posted on the previous page took me I'd be willing to say a bit over an hour.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 19, 2013, 03:48:17 am »

Practice makes perfect and high speed possible :)

When I started doing digital stuff it took me a long time to do anything, but as I got used to how PS worked and got more comfortable with my art in general  I got to the point of having quick doodles that were actually presentable :)

So keep at it :D
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #744 on: February 19, 2013, 09:18:02 am »

Thanks man! Apparently this pen tool really does work, because otherwise my linework is scratchy and rather wibblywobbly. :U (though i s'pose it's worth noting that i draw with a mouse and high sensitivity)

Also, 20 minutes? Hot damn, that's amazing (both for the time taken and the actual quality)! Those doodles you see links to right up there? They're what i can do in a similar time frame. >.>
I totally get what you mean about that creative energy bsnss, though i typically get it late at night when i should be sleeping. In the mornings where i have to go to classes, i'm generally just busy hating my being awake at that time of the day. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 19, 2013, 12:41:04 pm »

(though i s'pose it's worth noting that i draw with a mouse and high sensitivity)

Well there's your problem :P

I dabbled with the mouse before I got my tablet (I was so fascinated by digital art in that period that I charged into it by any means I had, and was determined to get a tablet sooner or later) and I remember how painful it could get at times :C

Work on getting that tablet dude, nothing worse than wasted potential.
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #746 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:35 pm »

Already working on that, though for me it's more a matter of gathering up courage to tell people out there in reality about my artsy fartsy tendencies than economy.
INCOMING INSECURE RAMBLING (which you need not concern yourself too much about)

---

For some odd and inexplicable reason, i feel EXTREMELY apprehensive about it, even though i kind of want to get it out of my system (because constantly thinking about it is actually kind of stressing me out). I suppose part of the reasoning is that the irrational part of me is saying HOW WILL PEOPLE REACT? The rational part of me is somewhat underpowered in comparison to the irrational part, even though it does say that me and my bro have VERY similar mindsets, so he'd probably respond in a positive manner. I mean, i think his escapades in web developing were pretty cool, so why wouldn't he think the same of my artings? It's not quite as clear with regards to my parents, even though i recall that my dad seemed pretty proud back when i dabbled in 3D stuff. Some years have passed since then, but surely he can't have changed that much? It's also not a sure bet with my friends over at uni, but they've generally been extremely accepting of my antics, and the response i got from revealing my game in progress was downright overwhelming in its positivity. Would the response be the same for my artings? That's what i'm concerned about. It might be that there's something wrong with me, but i am terrified of rejection. So much so that merely wondering if i unwittingly have done something minor that would make one of my friends dislike me makes me feel bad.

AND HERE COMES THE IRRATIONAL PART: Since my brain has realized that doing what i already do without changing is acceptable to others, why would i throw myself out into things that could endanger this acceptance? I know i've received positive feedback from the internet, but the unavoidable fact is that it's much harder to tell people something face to face than it is to just write it and press "post". On the internet, i have time to consider my words and responses. When speaking to someone, everything happens MUCH faster, and although i can engage in random talking with my friends, i still fear that i might accidentally say something wrong. I have a feeling that i am much more emotionally unstable than my peers, so they'd probably not really care if i accidentally said or did something dumb, and the worst possible thing that could realistically happen is that they just wouldn't be interested, which objectively isn't a big deal. So why am i so apprehensive about it?

Irrational reasons. It's just a matter of overcoming them, and this rambling has actually helped me getting closer to that. It also displays my highly developed ability to digress. :P (also fondness for mood whiplash)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 19, 2013, 03:09:09 pm »

Heh, somewhat similar to my situation, I used to be like that and kept my art mostly to myself, again, mostly because my parents were either indifferent or dissmissive of anything I drew, simply because it wasn't high art or anything but robots and monsters and stuff I like drawing, not the generic crap other kids did. That's about the time I became extremely distrustful of them, and kinda decided to show it to people, and heck, most folks liked that shit. And I kinda kept at it (mind you this was sometimes trough elementary), drawing and doodling and generally creating on an almost daily basis ever since. And in the last year or so I think my parents kinda realized that my digital and other art is actually pretty damn good, despite them disliking the subject matter.

So I guess, what I'm trying to say is to stop worrying about other fleshbags and do what feels good, if that's art then fucking do art 'till the day you die. Seriously, with this stuff your greatest enemy is you, once you beat that bastard into submission there's nothing to hold you back (aside from death or something, but there are workarounds I'm sure).

So press on random internet dude, great things might come from that (or horrible, but that's the great thing about it, you never know what's going to happen until you try).

PEP TALK HO!
AS - IG

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »

So I suppose the main focal point of this was learning how to shade better. As it turns out all I know how to do is transition colors well then use the smear too and mix them.

Initially I was going to draw a rose, but they looked hard as hell, so I drew a tulip. Only after did I realize that I gave the tulip a rose stem. fack.

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »

I hope you weren't planning on sleeping tonight.
Quite randomly, I wanted to ask— did you expect that people weren't actually imagining your avatars and thus needed a reminder? I suspect that there are plenty of other people here who accidentally imagine how various cartoon characters would die painfully if their shapes were converted to flesh.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 845