Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1258441 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3735 on: December 19, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »

Yeah, I'll get them when I have the chance.

Does anyone here know if there are mods that let you clone areas? As in, basically copy + paste them.
If there's something like that, it will make creating complex symmetrically (and things like long, straight fences) so much easier.

Plenty of server mods that do that... there has to be a SP one too.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: December 19, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »

Coolio's reminds me of Día de Muertos.
That's a fair enough connection to make. The picture is of Wanta, who is a shaman/ witch doctor type of character in Dead Island: Epidemic. I also killed two birds with one stone by both discovering how to get some nice tapered lines in Inkscape, and used them to replace the shading that was giving me a hassle. I got rid of nearly all the color, in truth. I might make another version using the outlines as well as color. We will see.
Spoiler: bigger this time (click to show/hide)
I love the styles that tapered lines can creates. They're so smooth and nice.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:46:55 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: December 19, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »

The Vicious Cycle of XCOM: https://youtu.be/vkeJajamOKQ

I haven't made a video in a long time, so I decided I'd make a Vicious Cycle video showing your average terror mission in XCOM.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:52 pm »

That was hilarious.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3739 on: December 19, 2014, 09:59:48 pm »

I love the styles that tapered lines can creates. They're so smooth and nice.
DELICIOUS TAPERED LINES

It's astounding how much a brush with tapering ends did for my doodles, so i can confirm how lovely tapered lines are. I can also confirm that that is indeed a very neat vector that's STARING RIGHT INTO MY SOUL but not in a bad manner, since you're doing just about everything right with the eyes.

and since you've produced such smooth linework i feel it is in place for me to even out things with a quick and dirty dinosaurfacedoodle

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am probably going to draw this guy a body, since i quite like how the general proportions turned out, despite the head being noticably longer than usual. He's probably going to be a pyrosaurus/newyearsaurus because of the soot and goggles. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3740 on: December 19, 2014, 10:03:23 pm »

^^I see dem goggles shooky. I see em.

The Vicious Cycle of XCOM: https://youtu.be/vkeJajamOKQ

I haven't made a video in a long time, so I decided I'd make a Vicious Cycle video showing your average terror mission in XCOM.
YES. You bet I watched that as soon as it went up. Nice gameplay. What was the song in the background?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: December 19, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »

I made a(n?) (admittedly pretty lame) necklace. It is just a coiled then hammered paperclip on a leather cord with a slip-knot in it. As I said, pretty lame. Although the fact that just hammering it, without applying external heat, made it hot enough to burn my finger makes it a little bit more hardcore.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: December 20, 2014, 02:30:55 am »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: December 20, 2014, 07:40:20 am »

Here's a few other different locations in the same cathedral. I couldn't get very many good shot positions, but it should let you get a feel for what the finished thing will hopefully be like.
Maybe for the next ones I take I'll try maxing out the FOV.

You can press F1 to hide the UI. Makes for nicer screenies :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: December 21, 2014, 04:06:23 am »

Yeah, I'll get them when I have the chance.

Does anyone here know if there are mods that let you clone areas? As in, basically copy + paste them.
If there's something like that, it will make creating complex symmetrically (and things like long, straight fences) so much easier.

Plenty of server mods that do that... there has to be a SP one too.
If you're still looking, check out single player commands with worldedit.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: December 21, 2014, 05:00:30 am »

I found some stuff, and my god the setting, replacing, removing, copying and pasting (etc) is glorious.

Too avoid straying too far off topic... Ah, whatever. I'll make up for it later. This construction is making amazing progress now that I don't need to place and remove every single block individually, so I should have some new pics soon.

*Edit* Looks like I'll be adding some of that into this post. Obviously there's still a lot of work to be done like adding in some detail, but you can kind of get an idea just how fuckhuge the roof is from this image.

Also I noticed a small flaw in the design. There's only a one block raise in the height at one point. Thankfully this won't be a world-moving task since I actually have editing tools now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:30:42 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3746 on: December 21, 2014, 08:42:39 am »

TRULY A GRAND PROJECT

I am reminded of the grand cathedral in Serious Sam, which has to be one of the most awesome levels in the series, likely helped along by the music. In any case, how people can muster the patience to make such huge projects in Minecraft is beyond me, but please do continue! It looks like it could be super rad when it's done. c:

meanwhile here's an ugly doodle of AMERICAN JET EAGLE