Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260331 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3990 on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:32 pm »

Nice! Good pose you nailed there. The only thing that catches my eye is that his feet are turned rather far apart, i can confirm from self-inflicted experience that it's not pleasant to stand like that for a long time. :v

also today i decided to torment myself by trying to paint a semi-transparent LED

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the end though, it's hardly transparent at all, and for lord knows what reason, i forgot to take reference from the multitude of LEDs i have lying around on my desk. :I (note that these prominently display that this is NOT how you shade an LED with lighting from that angle)

Shook it's really not the bad, if you just added the actual metal wiring to the interior then it would look pretty damn good.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: January 26, 2015, 02:34:44 am »

Nice! Good pose you nailed there. The only thing that catches my eye is that his feet are turned rather far apart, i can confirm from self-inflicted experience that it's not pleasant to stand like that for a long time. :v

also today i decided to torment myself by trying to paint a semi-transparent LED

In the end though, it's hardly transparent at all, and for lord knows what reason, i forgot to take reference from the multitude of LEDs i have lying around on my desk. :I (note that these prominently display that this is NOT how you shade an LED with lighting from that angle)

Now that I tried to put my own legs in same position, yeah, that's pretty uncomfortable.
Also, agreed with Urist - it does look semi-transparent, but it is empty inside, which is rather strange, given it looks rather realistic.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3992 on: January 26, 2015, 11:44:25 am »

That's what i get for not referencing the LEDs that i have right next to me. :v

Tried hastily smacking a thingy inside it with like 5 minutes worth of doodling, don't know if this looks better at all. Observant eyes will notice that the prongs inside don't line up with the outside ones, and that's totally right, because they don't appear to do so in reality either. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »

I'm posting this here since Gaming Block didn't seem appropriate, for some reason; the idea just seems like a creative projects thread.
Would anyone be interested in a thread where you sign up with a skill (Writing, programming, arting, or just general designing) and then are given a challenge to design something from a game (A level, an enemy, a puzzle) and given a prompt? From there, you would have to work with the other participants to make a cohesive demonstration of how it would work.

For instance, if you were given the prompt of "fire, space, vines", a writer might come up with a location with a little story (Like it's a space station being invaded by space kudzu that is also on fire), an artist might come up with a few concepts for how an overgrown space station inferno would look, a programmer might try to figure out what the most efficient way to simulate fire and vines spreading, and a general designer might plan out the level's map. At the end, they take all that they've ended up with and present it as a plan for what they would do if they were actually working on the level.

To make it seem worthwhile, whoever manages to complete a challenge gets a special pixel-art medal with their name on it (For signatures and avatars) and a place on a list of successful designers. What do you guys think? Interesting or stupid?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »

I'm posting this here since Gaming Block didn't seem appropriate, for some reason; the idea just seems like a creative projects thread.
Would anyone be interested in a thread where you sign up with a skill (Writing, programming, arting, or just general designing) and then are given a challenge to design something from a game (A level, an enemy, a puzzle) and given a prompt? From there, you would have to work with the other participants to make a cohesive demonstration of how it would work.

For instance, if you were given the prompt of "fire, space, vines", a writer might come up with a location with a little story (Like it's a space station being invaded by space kudzu that is also on fire), an artist might come up with a few concepts for how an overgrown space station inferno would look, a programmer might try to figure out what the most efficient way to simulate fire and vines spreading, and a general designer might plan out the level's map. At the end, they take all that they've ended up with and present it as a plan for what they would do if they were actually working on the level.

To make it seem worthwhile, whoever manages to complete a challenge gets a special pixel-art medal with their name on it (For signatures and avatars) and a place on a list of successful designers. What do you guys think? Interesting or stupid?

At the very worst I could participate with my suboptimal writing, art and design skills. It'd be fun at least.
So yeah, I'm in.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: January 26, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »

Not sure if I could participate, but that's something I want to keep an eye on.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: January 26, 2015, 03:16:37 pm »

Not sure if I could participate, but that's something I want to keep an eye on.

Same with me.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:31 pm »

I might do that as a programmer. Sounds like an interesting idea to me!
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: January 26, 2015, 05:15:20 pm »

I'd definitely be prepared to give it a shot.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: January 26, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »

I'd give it a look.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: January 26, 2015, 05:36:44 pm »

To clarify, I could do art, writing, or level design, but I have no clue whether or not I'd have time, due to the myriad of other things I have to work on.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »

Great! I'll keep all of you posted when I get the thread posted.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: January 26, 2015, 08:46:43 pm »

That sounds really cool! I'll be sure to give the thread a look once it exists.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:10 pm »

I'd be up as a writer or maybe an artist.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: January 26, 2015, 09:37:11 pm »

That sounds like a great idea, I think it's a good way to encourage people to practice their skills.

I would be in as a programmer or maybe an artist.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 845