Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256546 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4155 on: February 23, 2015, 02:11:46 pm »

Shook.

Your avatar.

Hatfish.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4156 on: February 23, 2015, 02:29:10 pm »

It is nice that most artists are freestyle in their attitudes. It's the professional world that I hate in those regards. Too many reports to convince me not to go professional; mostly because it's a hassle. Fortunately it seems harder to monopolize, more or less; and based on most content out there, most people are realists anyway, so imagination is still mostly free-range. While at it; I hate being professional, and being expected to be professional in-general, regardless of field or job (I'm the kind of guy that would go to a business meeting in a swimsuit and T-Shirt with messy hair and a beer and a sketch pad with music playing, instead of a business suit and fully-groomed being bored out of my skull listening to the same crap. Keeping busy and comfortable (and defined casual) keeps me focused, even if it looks like I'm not paying attention, or not giving a single fuck).

I tend to go perfectionist sometimes myself (mainly the reason behind my one-shot one-kill application method); but yeah, sometimes I just need to shut that off, even when brainstorming, and just see if I can brew a hurricane to work from.

Sorry if I tend to rant (for anyone with a problem with it), it's a habit I'm trying to knock out. I can try to give it up for Lent, while it's still early, but it's one of those more stubborn habits that going cold-turkey for 40 days isn't as simple as it sounds to fix it. However, I can always try to work on my barriers/nesting (like explaining things (while explaining things (within things))). It's the quote-pyramid of statements; just as annoying as Toady sees quote-pyramids in general; especially if you skip a beat by accident while previewing, and a whole paragraph is a sub-statement without end (by accident.

FAUX-EDIT:
I noticed I did that in the first edit; fixed it already, but I almost did exactly as my example stated.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:30:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4157 on: February 23, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »

you have NO IDEA of how much you sound like me right now i swear it's uncanny

I abhor having to put up a facade for people, which means that i hate being stiff and formal about ANYTHING. Of course, this occasionally attracts the ire of people who hold stiffness and formality in high regard, but those people will have to learn to deal with me as i come au naturel. Perfume chokes me (i don't know if this is a mild allergy or something) and neck ties stifle me, and in general i much prefer being down to earth and eye to eye with people, instead of balancing with the Pole of Formality dead center in my anus, trying to look up into the clouds in order to catch a glimpse of people on top of their high horses. Fortunately, it's only like that when we have guests and/or are guests. :v (i mean i can respect that people don't necessarily want to hear a thunderous fart or guttural belch, but if they opt to call me out on an accidental minor burp or fart like i was some small child, then there's going to be some rather spiteful remarks about that, because contrary to popular belief, i AM old enough to comprehend full sentences)

I can also relate to the ranting bit, although i think i have gotten marginally better at brevity than i was before. Marginally. :v

oh yeah also

So pictures in shook style or shook pictures in our style :D heres former
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THIS IS TERRIFYING

I APPROVE
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4158 on: February 23, 2015, 04:43:14 pm »

Well it sure was a fun day..

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: February 23, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »

Shookday indeed.

Spoiler: Shookday Ineed. (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4160 on: February 23, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: February 23, 2015, 08:39:04 pm »

I've gotten into game maker again. So far nothing of note, mostly because I'm learning GML for the first time, and my brief stint with drag-and-drop back in middle school is only slightly relevant. My goal is to create a game involving top-down naval action. It took a few days of frustration to get the boat turning to work right, but now attempting to fire a cannon will crash the game, with the crashlog pointing to a variable in the move script. If it wasn't for the fact that my friend wanted to (and already did) make music for the eventual game, I would probably have thrown in the towel by now.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: February 23, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »

what day is it? SHOOK-DAY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »

Part of me is disappointed that wasn't a camel.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4164 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:14 pm »

Hah.

And with the flash images, the next challenge is getting around to animating (it's simpler than it sounds, though a challenge in certain cases; keyframes are handy). I made a few weapons with shooting animations and using some stock sounds before. Was working on an armory, until I got bored with the project. Still got some weapons made though that I used for a class project.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:27 pm »

Hah.

And with the flash images, the next challenge is getting around to animating (it's simpler than it sounds, though a challenge in certain cases; keyframes are handy). I made a few weapons with shooting animations and using some stock sounds before. Was working on an armory, until I got bored with the project. Still got some weapons made though that I used for a class project.

GIMP animates quite well. For shorter pieces anyways, it really only goes GIF so there's a bit of a limit.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4167 on: February 24, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »

First two pages of a little webcomic thing I'm working on. Kinda wanna use it to see how my style will progress over time.

(Read right to left, I hope I won't change that around .-.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:01:42 pm by Dbuhos »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: February 24, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

that's literally awesome! but why right to left? whyyyyy?

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4169 on: February 24, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »

Thanks ;_; I'll..I'll switch it.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 845