Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1261015 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4200 on: February 28, 2015, 03:41:40 am »

I made a chainmail bracelet! It's my first attempt to make a thing like this and I cursed myself thousand times before I got the point. Surpisingly, it didn't even took ages to finish the job and despite my lack of experience it looks and feels nice.

A friend of mine does those as well! Here's one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: February 28, 2015, 04:08:29 am »

I made a chainmail bracelet! It's my first attempt to make a thing like this and I cursed myself thousand times before I got the point. Surpisingly, it didn't even took ages to finish the job and despite my lack of experience it looks and feels nice.

A friend of mine does those as well! Here's one:

And for some reason your friend uses wrong-diameter rings, too. Still, he does better than I do- his one is wider and longer. I have now to console myself with the fact that the size doesn't matter at all. This kind of chainmail should be a little bit more dense, though, and I'm working on it.

P. S. Your dino-ruler is super-cute ^_^
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:10:23 am by Bumblebee »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: February 28, 2015, 04:19:21 am »

And for some reason your friend uses wrong-diameter rings, too. Still, he does better than I do- his one is wider and longer. I have now to console myself with the fact that the size doesn't matter at all. This kind of chainmail should be a little bit more dense, though, and I'm working on it.

P. S. Your dino-ruler is super-cute ^_^

She. What you mean there is she. That was her side-project, and it turned out rather good, so she gave it to me. She is now working on chainmail bracelets worked in something she describes as "dragonskin pattern", and it'll take a lot of time to complete, because she also knits a medium-size blouse with a hell of a pattern at the time.

And thanks. That was the closest measurement instrument of many on my table, so I grabbed it. It also has inch scale on one side, but due to this particular photo quality it cannot be seen.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4203 on: February 28, 2015, 04:25:44 am »

I swear, if this is not some rule 63 rendition of Raelynn from Awesomenauts, I don't know what is.
Hah, oh wow. I was going for some sort of cyberpunk gambler type of guy but now that you mention it, yeah, it looks a lot like her design wise. .-.
Just noticed something, Dbuhos--your username sounds strangely similar to the Spanish word "dibujos", which, coincidentally, means "drawings" or "graphics".
:3 It's my name (Darius) + my family name (Buhos), wasn't really creative with names back when I came up with it but eyy~ everything fits together.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: February 28, 2015, 04:46:48 am »

She. What you mean there is she. That was her side-project, and it turned out rather good, so she gave it to me. She is now working on chainmail bracelets worked in something she describes as "dragonskin pattern", and it'll take a lot of time to complete, because she also knits a medium-size blouse with a hell of a pattern at the time.

Ah, sorry for my mind being full of srereotypes. Not that I had thoughts about it, but I subconsiously felt like a girl can't be interested in making chaimails. It's so nice to discover the opposite. Did she say something like  "stupid Comrade" or "not that I like you" or  "don't want this chainmail anyway" when handing it to you? ;)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: February 28, 2015, 04:56:36 am »

Nope. I'll refrain from further comments, because she is lurking around the forums and might punch me in the face IRL for revealing excessive amounts if info.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:42:18 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: February 28, 2015, 07:52:19 am »

Nope. I'll refrain from further comments, because she is lurking around the forums and might punch me in the face IRL for revealing excessing amounts if info.

Dear lady Comrade‘s RL Friend, if you're reading this, it's too late: you've already browbeaten Comrade P. to death. Please, stop puching those around you. You have indirectly deprived me of a nice disrcussion. That's not good.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:28:03 pm by Bumblebee »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: February 28, 2015, 10:07:00 pm »

I haven't posted enough kobolds lately.

I wasn't going to post this because it ended up lop-sided, but ... That inner light spot on the right ear was a mistake, yet I really like how that turned out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: February 28, 2015, 11:19:06 pm »

I touched up a sprite I did a while back and dropped it to 16 colors.

Spoiler: Source (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

Thoughts? Complaints?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: March 01, 2015, 01:09:31 am »

Speaking of sketches, have a drunk one:

I may or may not finish it sometime in the future, still not entirely sure.
I can't believe that this was made while drunk; it's beautiful.
I strongly encourage you to finish it. Not sure whether while drunk or not.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4210 on: March 01, 2015, 04:36:18 am »

I touched up a sprite I did a while back and dropped it to 16 colors.

Spoiler: Source (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

Thoughts? Complaints?

After isn't better than before, in my opinion, just simpler. Likewise, it's not worse.

I kind of prefer the first one, but I like things to be detailed and sophisticated, so that's just an opinion.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: March 01, 2015, 05:24:22 am »

I prefer the shading on the After image, particularly on edges (the feet, the hands/claws etc), its much more defined and clean.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: March 01, 2015, 02:36:46 pm »

Thanks flabort, it'll probably wait a while since I have other stuff to work on right now xd

Anyways, I keep skipping days even though I keep saying I won't do that anymore. I'm a really shitty liar :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: March 01, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »

I prefer the shading on the After image, particularly on edges (the feet, the hands/claws etc), its much more defined and clean.
Definitely this, but I also prefer the frizzy hair on the Before image.
The mecha itself basically looks much improved, but the person looks a little... off now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4214 on: March 01, 2015, 04:11:15 pm »

Thanks flabort, it'll probably wait a while since I have other stuff to work on right now xd

Anyways, I keep skipping days even though I keep saying I won't do that anymore. I'm a really shitty liar :V
Well hey, at least your drawings are quite nice. I'm a stout supporter of quality over quantity (i think?), although i don't know what's best if one is trying to improve. :v
For comparison, this is how my daily sketch pages usually end up looking, at least if i'm not feeling for from-life drawings.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 845