Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260642 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #4665 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »

Araph: I will try to put that option in, along with the other few things on my to-do list like fish food and fish physics :D
...like fish food and fish physics :D
fish food

Aw yis, fish swarms

I will try to put that option in

Super-speed fish swarms

fish physics

Super-speed fish swarms bouncing off of each other

This just gets better and better

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: April 24, 2015, 04:42:11 am »

Went ahead and finished it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really didn't feel like fucking about the head anymore so I just slapped some textures on it and made it look passable at best.

In any case, it was supposed to be a mixed bag, something to keep you guessing as to what the hell the thing is, or to evoke the feeling of something that's fallen from grace or whatever. Also yeah, the shoulders could've used a bit more light but not too much so the contrast remains nice and strong in that area.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4667 on: April 24, 2015, 11:00:25 am »

Nice! No complaints, that looks fantastic. Sorry you couldn't manage what you were looking for with the head, I think it looks great.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: April 24, 2015, 06:52:28 pm »

Welp, I finally made something. A little something based off of a big something. Namely, a little gargantuan from Diablo. More specifically, the gargantuan that Nazeebo summons as an ultimate ability in heroes of the storm. I started drawing a creep next to him (the gargantuan can pick up enemy creeps to swing at people), but I erased it after failing to get the head right multiple times.

I have plans of vectoring over top of the picture, to clean it up, crop, and color it
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4669 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »

After looking at some other Minecraft creations for inspiration, I stumbled across some tips that sped up, and optimized some rather tedious tasks. Thanks to it (Clone tool rocks), I managed to move the Altar of Origins to a better spot, with minimal hassle (besides learning how it reads to/from coordinates for copy/pasting constructions), freeing the last hall doorway. Any future builds will also be far quicker (including plugging coordinates to/from locations), now that we can fill in spaces using coordinates and reference points, instead of manually placing each individual voxel by hand. I enjoyed the aesthetic of a castle in mid-build, and built to code, the first time around, but now future builds won't involve nearly as much work (in case it becomes a means of discouraging future location builds). That also means, I can now precisely, and more quickly, build the Airship Excalibur (which is still just the 100m+ pre-measure bounding box right now), now I have a more efficient means of getting it done; combined with the clone tool, I can even go modular with some designing; and thanks to where I placed the project coordinates (0-point, basically), so many things can be done better now; especially where mirroring it would be concerned (then again, I can always go the lazier route, build half-a-ship, and mirror that from center (via MCEdit), and get the job done in half the time, at least for the exterior).

I like that I'm able to replicate some stuff I've had in my sketch book; although being limited to cubic-meter voxels does force me to work around other details I otherwise would prefer to have (I had to re-build the house's architecture a little different from what I had in mind, relative to what I built in The Sims 2 before, to make it work). At least if I already measured things, and noted them, I can at least make them to-scale, and cheat a few finer details here and there.

EDIT:

EDIT EDIT:
I like how the landing pad looks so much, I might make that the next Hub theme. But that'll be later on. If I get enough stuff made (open to ideas too), then I might even share the world for anyone else to toss in their own stuff. Feel free to reverse-engineer the gods' altars if you like as well, so you know how I made them, and made them work. I love command blocks.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:40:36 am by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: April 26, 2015, 07:03:48 am »

Normally I don't post Homestuck art here, especially if it's an OC and it's a sketch, but I haven't drawn for a while so I might as well throw myself on this sword...

I might get around to adding details to the socks and cleaning up the thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: April 26, 2015, 07:07:33 am »

Normally I don't post Homestuck art here, especially if it's an OC and it's a sketch, but I haven't drawn for a while so I might as well throw myself on this sword...

That looks pretty nice, actually.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:14 am »

Yeah. The eye looks a bit off, but apart from that it's pretty nice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: April 26, 2015, 11:20:55 am »

If you're fixing it up, have some anatomy critique:
Is the back horn supposed to be coming out just above his eyebrow?
The thighs look to be different lengths.
The pelvis looks a bit off, possibly because of the way the shirt flows.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4674 on: April 26, 2015, 07:07:39 pm »

Update on the ship.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: April 26, 2015, 08:58:34 pm »

Do any of you think you could draw a picture of Sherlock Holmes throwing a Pokéball?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4676 on: April 26, 2015, 10:23:28 pm »

Do any of you think you could draw a picture of Sherlock Holmes throwing a Pokéball?
I can try. It'll probably take a while.

E: Also, I think everyone would be interested to know which depiction of Sherlock you mean (there are several Sherlock Holmes movies and animations along with the BBC television show feat. Benedict Cumberbatch).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:25:34 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: April 26, 2015, 10:45:11 pm »

The TV show one, ideally. I wanted a good filler image for a dramatic reading of a particularly bad bit of fanfiction very loosely based on it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #4678 on: April 27, 2015, 07:03:52 am »

Update on the ship.

DUGE

That is excellent so far, the water texture below the wave works surprisingly well. Really good sense of depth on that wave, too. :D

also speaking of water here's an eel

8[
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:15:41 pm by DarkDXZ »
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 845