Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1258559 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5700 on: October 05, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »

I thought he was quivering, not bending his knees.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: October 05, 2015, 01:35:48 pm »

All good points, will probably modify it later tonight, thanks for the help :D

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: October 05, 2015, 01:41:14 pm »

I thought he was quivering, not bending his knees.

If you know someone who quivers vertically instead of horizontally, i'm gonna need to see some picture, sir.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5703 on: October 05, 2015, 01:50:25 pm »

Now returning to your regularly scheduled Inktober...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Manly bearded warrior is not sure how he feels about this turn of events.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: October 05, 2015, 04:40:29 pm »

I think you should define the top of the helmet a bit more, on my small phone screen it looked like two missiles before I scrolled down :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: October 05, 2015, 05:31:37 pm »

Oh and happy inktober too 8)

It's not perfect(but what is?) And it is obviously not finished (running out of ink does that) but I kinda wanted to post it as a progressive thinga-ma-jig.

And sorry about the blurryness, tablet camera is not the best :/

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: October 05, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »

Poorly drawn Hobgoblins. Had the day off of work. Had to fill my time with something other than videogames.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5707 on: October 05, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

Ooo, nice spiral on that vine/root arrow. Those tend to be a pain in the arse to nail. :I
Oh and happy inktober too 8)

It's not perfect(but what is?) And it is obviously not finished (running out of ink does that) but I kinda wanted to post it as a progressive thinga-ma-jig.

And sorry about the blurryness, tablet camera is not the best :/
Oh shiet, that's really nice! Looking forward to seeing how it'll look in the future. :D

I think you should define the top of the helmet a bit more, on my small phone screen it looked like two missiles before I scrolled down :P
oh dear god i CANNOT UNSEE THE ROCKETHEEEEEEEEAD

Also Arx, you nailed the eye-nose proportions nicely this time, although now it strikes me that his eyes are rather large. Also, if i am to be extra pernickety, it's a bit hard to distinguish between shadinglines and beard, but in all fairness, there's not that many different kinds of lines to work with here. I'd just like for a manly beard to be more visible. :v
Also also super pernickety bonus: lips are actually quite faintly outlined in meatspace, it's only the colour difference and possibly lighting that makes them stand out. This is probably also why i can get away with making mouths as a single line. :P

also bonus beardfacedoodle because you inspired me

COARSEBEARD. And now i will post this before i get ninja'd again, so i can get going on my Inktober thing.

edit: [inktober intensifies]

NARF

i messed up that background shoulder so bad but otherwise i'm surprisingly happy with this, stiff pose besides
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:21:33 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5708 on: October 06, 2015, 03:08:19 am »

Lines are nice and clean there, shook!

This is gonna sound like a cop-out but I did actually know most of the issues with that drawing were there, I just either couldn't be bothered to fix it (the helmet definition) (I wasn't having a lot of fun yesterday) or couldn't fix it because ink (the eyes) (also he looks like that because he's concussed (totally)).

The problem with lips is that the lighting (and colour) does make them stand out. Leaving them out is symbol-drawing as badly as outlining them! This is why I like charcoal and pencil better than I like pen.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: October 06, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »

Hype mode double engaged:

Progress report #2
Still not finished, but shaping up rather nicely if I do say so myself :D

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: October 06, 2015, 03:03:35 pm »

Did a character portrait for a forum game in my free time. Need to branch out and try doing expressive works to get better at faces in motion.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5711 on: October 06, 2015, 07:49:14 pm »

Hoh, berry gut! I know i'm going to seem like a very nose-centric guy now, but her nose seems a bit too long and... Small. As in, a bit too narrow and doesn't stick out enough, even for a pretty lady nose. Also, if i am to be SUPER NITPICKY, her gaze seems kind of unfocused; although it tends to be exaggerated in cartoons, eyes are usually slightly crossed, since they're both focusing on the same spot from different positions. Beyond that though, excellent work on the hair and lips. :D

Lines are nice and clean there, shook!

This is gonna sound like a cop-out but I did actually know most of the issues with that drawing were there, I just either couldn't be bothered to fix it (the helmet definition) (I wasn't having a lot of fun yesterday) or couldn't fix it because ink (the eyes) (also he looks like that because he's concussed (totally)).

The problem with lips is that the lighting (and colour) does make them stand out. Leaving them out is symbol-drawing as badly as outlining them! This is why I like charcoal and pencil better than I like pen.
Thanks bro! Also don't worry, i can confirm that there's at least one other person (me) who gets caught by the "eh, can't be bothered to fix it" mojo. The most important part is that you know about those little bothersome things so that you can work on it at your behest. c:

also since i've drawn Pinky i think it's fairly given that the next subject is

Spoiler: braINK (click to show/hide)

Once again, not a perfect depiction, but i'm reasonably happy with it.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: October 06, 2015, 08:55:32 pm »

Hoh, berry gut! I know i'm going to seem like a very nose-centric guy now, but her nose seems a bit too long and... Small. As in, a bit too narrow and doesn't stick out enough, even for a pretty lady nose. Also, if i am to be SUPER NITPICKY, her gaze seems kind of unfocused; although it tends to be exaggerated in cartoons, eyes are usually slightly crossed, since they're both focusing on the same spot from different positions. Beyond that though, excellent work on the hair and lips. :D
What's funny is that the nose used to be shorter, but I second guessed myself. Also widened out the bridge, which is likely why the nose wasn't sticking out far enough proportionally. Meh. Live and learn.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: October 07, 2015, 12:59:52 am »

I... I guess this counts as Inktober? Iunno.

Organic perspective boxes homework. Freehand (except the border), no pencil sketch, in pen - Final Destination. I screwed up a few but overall it turned out decent enough for starters. I hope.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: October 07, 2015, 06:30:42 am »

I didn't even know there was an Inktober. :/ Well, I guess this counts? So, what are the rules? I'm guessing: ink, and no pencil guidelines?

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 845