Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1260200 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6015 on: November 20, 2015, 09:42:45 am »

That reminds me. I've been making a draft for an RTD. It's still in the planning stages.

Spoiler: From the OP. (click to show/hide)
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: November 20, 2015, 04:44:42 pm »

Nice idea for a forum game, and a pretty nice looking notebook, too-  only recommendation I'd have if you were to make another one in future would be to make the text smaller and more crammed in, so it looks like the person writing was making maximum use of the paper provided- it would also help make the text spacing look less artificial.  Paper/vellum is usually worth its weight in gold in a medieval(-esque) setting, anyway, and a notebook would be pretty restricted in size by its nature...

There aren't enough games and things about alchemy/chemistry and plantlore.  Scraping together and intelligently combining things to kill your enemies with from the environment is a lot more interesting in terms of mechanics than the game/author just handing you a default, always works Killstabber no. 3001.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: November 20, 2015, 07:17:10 pm »

where did you meet such a magnificent parrot

and how did you win their trust and friendship

I actually found a normal human, cut off his head, and spliced on a Parrot in it's place. I won the Man-Parrot's trust by providing him sustenance, and his friendship by telling him a horrible pun before fist-bumping him.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6018 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:31 am »

Took a crap-ton to motivate myself to do some art again; especially since I've had quite a lull of work, and a lack of funds to upkeep my morale. But besides my work issues (regarding sending applications out and communication-minded ("MUST KEEP CONTACT WITHIN 24 HOURS") clients being unresponsive as ever in a rather ironic twist (2 months waiting on a job with a deadline in less than a week, and still no word from them, for any of us dozens who applied to said job (at least 40-odd applicants, no interviews, no hires, for any of us dozens. I mean, what the hell?))), I've finally managed to get off my ass, and hire myself to do some engineering work on my ship for an hour or two.

My progress so far:
-Chassis is about 25% done
-Decided to build progressively, adding as I go, instead of sequentially (chassis, then piping/wiring, then equipment and hull portions, etc.).
   =Along with chassis frame, I'm also applying the skin of the ship as I move on to better guide my progress.
-Barrel for the beam cannon/railgun/coil-gun (whichever) is made.
   =Dao-Cannon, main unit, still needs to be built (fires both holy and unholy energy; as well as firing in Yin-Yang fashion yielding a nuclear effect on targets, eviscerating angels and demons alike as well).
   =Makes use of the beam cannon/railgun/coil-gun barrel, and dimensional prisms for the secondary fire.
   =Dao-Cannon's Secondary firing measure (homing energy projectiles/beams) still needs to be established and hooked up as well.
-Primary (Lower) Bridge is more or less setup (needs much more work, but at least I got the pilot's seat installed)
   =Upper and lower accessways have been established. Now needs hallways installed, and associated rooms and Captain's Quarters.
-Fore Tuning-Fork chassis frame is in the works.
-4D-μ (4-Dimensional Manipulator Unit; to re-direct fire, or fuck with physics, or jump planets without traveling through space) has yet to be constructed, dimensionally split, and then mounted onto the ship (just to fuck with engineers, especially when reverse-engineering the technology, or to figure out how a split wheel still spins completely).

We've got a hell of a distance to go on this megaproject, but I at least made some progress. I've been regarding my old 3d model for reference, especially for scaling things properly, relative to one another (like resizing the gun barrel, and ensuring the dimensions of the bridge were right).

EDIT:
Unlike many other ships I've seen built in Minecraft, this sucker's not going to be hollow. I'm putting in as much effort in this as I did with Bloodfist; engineering it to be as convincingly built as possible (pulling as much BS-engineering as I can get away with, using command blocks and the like as possible). Minus the 300+ casualties. Sure, I could build this in Space Engineers instead, and have something we can actually fly (let's say the 4D-μ generates the atmosphere (siphoning other sources, while generating a Klein-containment field (Basically, the ship uses a Klein bottle to keep itself in good form atmospherically; especially in rather hostile environments, ranging from toxic environments to the vacuum of space or de/re-synching within solid matter (like hiding literally under ground, yet not within a cave system. I mean it; IN the ground, sharing the same space as solid matter, sans displacement.)) and gravity manipulation (this is an airship, after all, not a spaceship; although there has been a recent 'Planets Update')), but I don't feel like learning a whole new game's system, plus, my computer's not exactly up-to-date for that kind of game, even on basic/crap settings. I'm sticking with what I know.

EDIT EDIT:
Some story based on the ship: Kudos to the Excalibur's 4D-μ, extra-dimensional beings had to hit the crew of the ship with some new combat laws, exclusive to anyone that has a lucid/conscious understanding of extra-dimensional physics (forget the math and science, and use your imagination), and application, or shall I be more precise and say blatant abuse, of them. And for the Mark-II's (AKA-Quis ut Deus; named after St. Michael's sword) 7D-μ, which is a whole 'nother can of worms there; involving elder gods of all kinds of religions and the like having some issues with the crew and regulate even stricter rules involving Infinite (Im)Probability and (Un)Reality Manipulations and Chronos--Kairos Temporality Manipulations, and abusing those laws for recreational purposes (forget abusing infinite probability for wars and the like; have a bunch of highly imaginative and rather child-like/childish peaceful screwballs like myself and the crew of the Excalibur (Mk. II) at the helm of something that ultimately powerful, and we can give anything/everything/nothing a massive headache. I can't help but to play the Freakazoid theme whenever I think of this. And I guess, regarding an AI controlling such a device: Something, something, next thing the crew knows, their personal-AI/crew member becomes a literal Deus Ex Machina 'Virtual God(dess)' (and (part of) the ship itself), and the pantheon of gods (and flying spaghetti monsters) now have a new pain-in-the-ass/smartass joining their ranks. Remember kids, be careful when you uplink your AIs to extra-dimensional (magical) machines. And for the story, at least the crew didn't have to worry about the AI going SHODAN/Skynet on them; I mean, what's the point when you can navigate infinite probability/reality?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:52:30 am by Itnetlolor »

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: November 23, 2015, 09:48:17 pm »

I know I should probably get back to making pixel art, but Fallout 4 and trying to make game concepts is a bit time-consuming :D

But I at least got started on a concept I suppose:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is TOTALLY unrefined, as I was basically jotting down ideas, but I wanted to know if this seems like a pretty good concept thus far, even without being refined.

P.S: The reason why it isn't really broken up into paragraphs is because I copy+pasted it from Wordpad, so there's that. And yes the idea is HEAVILY inspired by Fallout.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: November 23, 2015, 10:44:35 pm »

Man, I dunno why, but I am on a roll with this dumb edgy bullshit.

On one hand, I'm glad that I'm actually creating things for a change instead of just having high-concept ideas that my skills can't realize. On the other hand, this is really obvious high school-tier symbolism.
I chuckled heartily in a self-deprecating manner. Nice.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #6021 on: November 24, 2015, 09:03:29 am »

Not a picture but music this time!

I hope it's to your taste, friends!  :P

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: November 24, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

I still wonder why there is an illuminati in the back of the one dollar.
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: November 24, 2015, 04:52:51 pm »

Something quick whipped up based on a sketch I did a while ago, should probably do it properly eventually.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: November 24, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »

Something quick whipped up based on a sketch I did a while ago, should probably do it properly eventually.
Wow, I really like the vibe of this! Did you base it on something or did you just draw it?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: November 24, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »

I think it started out as a drunk sketch of a landscape and a giant cube, then I made a bigger sober sketch of it with multiple cubes. Had several ideas for the painted piece and this one came out. Should've probably used reference for the landscape but I just finished a piece I'd been noodling on for months and my head was kinda empty from lack of sleep :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: November 24, 2015, 06:20:49 pm »

His enemies hide in metal boxes.
The cowards, the fools.

Nice picture, Jopax.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: November 25, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

acetech09 is taken by a fey mood!

acetech09 has claimed a welding station!

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: November 25, 2015, 03:49:39 pm »

Encircled with bands of steel?

More seriously, what is that thing? And what are you going to name it?
One wheel short of a wagon

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: November 25, 2015, 03:55:17 pm »

Encircled with bands of steel?

More seriously, what is that thing? And what are you going to name it?

It's a automotive engine component. It's the beginning of the exhaust pipe that bolts to the engine. The original one has nearly rusted away at this point.

I paused for about 30 seconds when writing the spoiler, knowing I should name it but I ended up just going nameless.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 845