Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282787 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6195 on: December 20, 2015, 03:06:12 pm »

Have some more mental unwinding.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Cinder you really gotta stop saying you suck. You might not be as good as some people but you're in no way bad, so really, keep at that stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: December 20, 2015, 04:58:37 pm »

While I've been drawing a LOT of stuff lately, I don't really feel all too comfortable sharing it (just because I don't want to disappoint people again with another cool project that I end up ditching), but I feel like this one is worth sharing just because, well, it originated here.

If you remember this gal, you're awesome. If not, well, good luck figuring out who this is. ;>
No wings or shading because by the time I did the lineart and colors I got lazy af.

Also, for people who draw with both a tablet and on paper (or just on a tablet really), have a cool tip I re-learned about recently which has been doing me much good recently:

Place a sheet (or two) of paper over your tablet when you draw. It will give you a much better feel for it and make it closer to traditional drawing AND greatly reduce the damage to your tablet's sensors, extending its lifetime by a non-insignificant amount of time.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:54:27 pm by Maks »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6197 on: December 20, 2015, 08:23:43 pm »

A... ZOMBIE RAYMANIAN DRAGON? Or something to that effect. I can totally relate to the laziness part, wings are fucking hard to draw. :v

also i tried the cool tip and it was like

i sense that i may be doing something wrong here

Oooh, awesome, saves me the trouble of making one myself (though I did figure out the ICO file format in the meantime, was starting to look into ANI for animated cursors).

Heres it converted to a .cur
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42635636/snekcursor1.cur
Hah, that's cool. Alas, it seems that i didn't nail the resolution correctly; should probably have made it 32x32 if the resizing is to be believed. Fortunately, a quick googling reveals this thing to me, and therefore can we have snekcursor that doesn't get resized!! (and also has 4 tweaked pixels so the actual pointer is more easily seen)
I am not at all sure if swordsnaek himself should have an outline or not, because on one hand, he sometimes blends into the background, but on the other, swordsnaek's just there for flavour, and a violent black outline might make him stand out too much. Oh well. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:34 pm »

I'm redrawing an old drawing. I'm far from done, really, but I coloured what I had anyways because I'm tired and I was bored.

kawaii~ (◕ヮ◕)

You're pretty good! I wish I was as skilled as you are. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: December 20, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »

I'm redrawing an old drawing. I'm far from done, really, but I coloured what I had anyways because I'm tired and I was bored.

kawaii~ (◕ヮ◕)

You're pretty good! I wish I was as skilled as you are. :v
Agreeing with Towa.

Drew my character in a forum game.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: December 20, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »

I feel like I've seen that before...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: December 20, 2015, 09:07:19 pm »

You have, I posted it in the RWBY RP thread.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 20, 2015, 09:10:22 pm »

You have, I posted it in the RWBY RP thread.
Aha!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #6203 on: December 20, 2015, 10:00:16 pm »

Hah, that's cool. Alas, it seems that i didn't nail the resolution correctly; should probably have made it 32x32 if the resizing is to be believed. Fortunately, a quick googling reveals this thing to me, and therefore can we have snekcursor that doesn't get resized!! (and also has 4 tweaked pixels so the actual pointer is more easily seen)
I am not at all sure if swordsnaek himself should have an outline or not, because on one hand, he sometimes blends into the background, but on the other, swordsnaek's just there for flavour, and a violent black outline might make him stand out too much. Oh well. :U

Well, cursor.cc is nice, but you know, you can actually have cursors up to 256x256... if you know the format (and want giant cursors).  I could see a giant, animated monstrosity cursor thats not really useful at all... and it would be glorious.

Edit: hrmm, maybe not.  Trying a few things first... maybe I can figure it out.  I know you can have 256x256 icons anyway.

Edit2: oooh, I see some voodoo that might work.  Would need to write a program to go around the windows cursor setting... or download CursorFX for 10 bucks, but it could be done.

Edit3: and maybe a way to do so thru autohotkey! https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/32608-changing-the-system-cursor/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:24:10 pm by Moghjubar »
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 21, 2015, 01:09:29 am »

If only she wore a chainmail instead of shwoing her belly button to everyone for stabbing... with stuff.
But that's just my opinion.

It would make a lot more sense, yes. In the Legion cinematic, she's shown wearing actual armor for once.

Blizzard laughs in the face of your logical suggestion. Moar fanservice.

When in doubt, more fanservice. At least, that's what I'm banking on.

That looks pretty nice, my only issues with it is that her legs seem to be a tad on the short side, which is even worse considering she's an elf and they seem to be the taller and longer folk in Azeroth.

You're right, her legs are a little shorter than they should be. I'm still working on proportions, but it's better than previous drawings had been.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: December 21, 2015, 01:25:10 am »

A... ZOMBIE RAYMANIAN DRAGON? Or something to that effect. I can totally relate to the laziness part, wings are fucking hard to draw. :v

also i tried the cool tip and it was like

i sense that i may be doing something wrong here

Well I have my second hand on the paper itself just in case. Makes using the tablet in combination with keyboard a bit more problematic but I think it's worth it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: December 21, 2015, 03:12:22 am »

My redrawing is done, more or less.

Also uh, can I have some constructive criticism for that?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 03:48:36 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: December 21, 2015, 03:59:33 am »

My redrawing is done, more or less.

Cute. I thought it was a girl at first.

I don't think I can really criticize since you say this is a redraw and I haven't seen the original. And that coloring is probably better shit than I can do. And the lines are so clean. Shit I haven't drawn in a while.

I guess I could say "learn proportions" or "his neck is too thin" or "he's a skeleton" or "his hands are blobs behind his back" but considering this is a cartoony sorta style that kinda nitpicky criticism flies out the window. And proportions seem fine, so long as you intended the character to look thin and tall and lanky. You mention on the dA page that you can't draw hands. So for criticism I guess I can confidently say "learn to do hands".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 21, 2015, 04:06:14 am »

He's supposed to be short but I fucked up the proportions. ;v

Thank god for linearts. Though I'm too lazy to fix this until I get enough criticisms first.

Also @Shook and @Maks

Tape.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: December 21, 2015, 04:11:10 am »

Draw the hands.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 845