Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1261219 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6615 on: February 06, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »

Without knowing for sure whether I'm right or not, I'm guessing this is the link.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139646.msg6792877#msg6792877
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: February 06, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »

Correct. Thanks, flabort.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: February 06, 2016, 08:15:08 pm »

Wow. That's some serious work you put in, even for comitted DnD GM, I reckon. Pretty great.

Thanks! Sadly, one of my players had to cancel at the last minute today, which was kind of a let-down. On the bright side, it means I have another week to fill in the holes in both the video and the plot, I guess.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6618 on: February 07, 2016, 07:26:18 pm »

So i've been playing some Dino Run DX, and then it struck me that i got Spriter in an earlier Humble Bundle, and well...

This kind of animation is a WHOLE LOT LESS time consuming. :v (nevermind the spots on the shoulders, they need removing)
Still needs some easing for the legs, but overall i'm decently happy with this, considering that the whole process took maybe two hours.

Edit: QUICKTWEAK also removed black spots
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:43:43 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: February 07, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »

If I saw that running at me, I'm torn between either running away from it or straight towards it. :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: February 07, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »

That's an awesome-looking dino, Shook! I don't see Spriter stuff that often so it's nice to see that it's capable of making short, simple animation so quickly. Dino Run DX is also awesome. I've played the series for years now and recently got ahold of the Steam version so I could give back to PixelJam.

I'm curious, though. What would your dino look like if it had beady red eyes and yellow skin like this? I know Spriter editing is pretty modular so it shouldn't be too hard to make?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: February 07, 2016, 08:37:56 pm »

Having a spurt of actually-drawing-things-and-not-throwing-them-away-immediately-even-though-they're-garbage-ness.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd say criticism js welcome, but it really isn't because I'm already aware of where I fucked up. Just acknowledge that drawing as a thing and then forget about it, please.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: February 07, 2016, 08:55:05 pm »

There was a learnart subreddit post a while back for beginners. Top 10 most important things and all that. Number 6 was to stop saying you suck. It's not cute, everyone sucks, everyone knows it. Going to great lengths to say it only sabotages your own sense of self-worth and makes things worse for you psychologically.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: February 07, 2016, 08:57:05 pm »

I didn't draw any better back when I thought I was artistically inclined.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:46 pm »

Don't be so hard on yourself, Cinder. This is the internet so the bar for quality isn't terribly high as long as you make stuff that people enjoy. :P

Nice bottle. Your colors were well-picked and I'm interested to see where this will go. The lumpy shape really doesn't matter and looks like a stylistic choice to me. :)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: February 07, 2016, 09:10:44 pm »

That might have been because that was back then, artistically inclined or not. Now, you've learned more, theoretically and practically, and your skills have improved subconsciously, not to mention muscle-memory.

(Ninja'd. :p Also, what above said.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6626 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:01 pm »

Well, at least you know it, that's a good start. :v

But you felt better about it, and that's the important part (not to mention what the guys above me said). Trust me, i once used to be in that exact wagon, and it took a surprisingly big toll on my mood and desire to draw. People then told me to stop doing that thing (i think that's how it went, anyways), and well, it actually did have a positive effect on me. It's not that i suddenly think that i'm the cream of the crop (i still feel like i'm still a beginner, and i might well be so), i'm just... More okay with what i make. Having gotten better certainly helps, so i'm not entirely sure why you'd be feeling less okay about your better drawings. :v (hypothesis: higher skill level allows you to spot flaws more easily?)

That's an awesome-looking dino, Shook! I don't see Spriter stuff that often so it's nice to see that it's capable of making short, simple animation so quickly. Dino Run DX is also awesome. I've played the series for years now and recently got ahold of the Steam version so I could give back to PixelJam.

I'm curious, though. What would your dino look like if it had beady red eyes and yellow skin like this? I know Spriter editing is pretty modular so it shouldn't be too hard to make?
Thanks bro! Yeah, it is SUPER FAST in comparison to traditional animation, which in this case, at an equal frame rate, would have taken at least twice as long (and also note that half the time was spent drawing and rigging the model, so additional animations would take even less time). Also, i suppose it would look kind of like Bay12's logo creature. :v
It is indeed comparatively easy to recolour the dinosaur and such, although it still consists of 13 individual parts (i should have made it 15 by separating the toes from the foot sjhfdjsgdf). That'll be a project for tomorrow.

If I saw that running at me, I'm torn between either running away from it or straight towards it. :p
Depends on whether there's a violent pyroclastic flow right behind it or not. :U
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:35:34 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: February 07, 2016, 09:29:01 pm »

I mean, I suppose it miht be the Dunning-Kruger effect at work, since the reason I have been shying away from drawing people lately was because I learned proper anatomy. And now I can't wing it without feeling too disgusted at the drawing to continue.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: February 07, 2016, 09:30:35 pm »

Everyone's a beginner compared to someone :p , and everyone's a master in someone else's eyes. The only standard you need to follow is your own (plus your art teacher, but I digress).

Also, animation is something I haven't thought about. Though I would like to get into it.
Dying of laughter?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: February 07, 2016, 09:36:23 pm »

There's a phenomenon where people get better at things as they spend time practicing them. If you somehow did draw better in the past than you do now, I would be mildly surprised.

I'm already aware of where I fucked up.

Only place I can see that you fucked up is the size of that image, amirite

For real, though, you're doing fine. Your color choices for the bottle work, it's in a cartoony style, the lighting is consistent, and you're better at drawing than you were in the past. At this point, you can do one of two things (I mean, there are a lot of things you could do, but I'm narrowing it down to two): you could continue to beat yourself up for not living up to your own standards (and bear in mind that we don't know what your standards are. All we see is decent art and then you lambasting yourself), or you could stop flagellating yourself for long enough to decide what exactly you're aiming for and then create a logical plan to reach your goal. Just start by giving examples of things drawn in the general style of (and at the quality level of) what you would want to draw.

Also, on the topic of 'artistic inclination', ask yourself this question: 'do I draw stuff?' If you answered yes, then CONGRATULATIONS, you're artistically inclined.

And now I can't wing it without feeling too disgusted at the drawing to continue.

There's a solution for that. It starts with 'more' and ends with 'practice'. What style are you aiming for?

AW YIS, DINOSAUR ANIMATION

Man, our little Shook's all grown-up. It's awesome to see how far you've come since the days of Hamstone.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 845