Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283112 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7785 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:56 pm »

It's ok.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: September 23, 2016, 10:25:46 pm »

Anyway, I decided to make a few improvements. Added an outline and ditched the viking concept in favor of a knights templar. Should look a bit better now, no matter which forum layout you use.

Spoiler: Actual size (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slightly zoomed in (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Even more zoomed in (click to show/hide)

Ironically, this time it looks better on the default background. It still looks good in darkling, but default is slightly better.

EDIT: Currently, I'm more interested in what people think of the zoomed in versions rather than the actual size. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it isn't that great. I'm curious about whether that translates to the larger version though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:28:15 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: September 24, 2016, 12:20:16 am »

Here's a model of a Mustang I've been working on and off throughout the week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Texturing it took the most time out of everything, and I'm not really happy with how the cockpit came out. I probably could have done it faster/better if I had laid out the UVs more appropriately. Still, I'd say it's pretty good for a first effort.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: September 24, 2016, 08:19:50 am »

Critique: Either make it at a larger resolution, or simplify and stylize. I should be able to glance briefly at it and instantly notice the major aspects, without zooming in or squinting for several seconds. Working that tiny adds an extra layer of difficulty.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: September 24, 2016, 10:00:55 am »

Critique: Either make it at a larger resolution, or simplify and stylize. I should be able to glance briefly at it and instantly notice the major aspects, without zooming in or squinting for several seconds. Working that tiny adds an extra layer of difficulty.

Thank you, that's very helpful. What do you think of the zoomed in versions then?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: September 24, 2016, 10:25:08 am »

It's anatomically mostly fine, but the flat box for a neck/torso connection looks a little odd to me. Also, his feet are pointed a bit too far away from the center. It's not comfortable to stand like that.
It could use more contrast in the colors, especially around the face and neck area, and where the plate meets the chain.
The pose is boring.
He needs armaments, unless he's going to try grappling in platemail.
The shield symbol being there looks odd to me.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: September 24, 2016, 12:39:52 pm »

I don't think I'll be able to do much in Inktober (as usual, NaNovember demands preparations), so have this early offering. Fine Sharpie + brush pen.

Scanner still makes it look washed as hell for whatever reason and I CBA to toy with it digitally right now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7792 on: September 24, 2016, 02:01:36 pm »

Ooo, very nice! I'm almost looking forward to Inktober, because then i'll have no excuse to not draw stupid things every day. :v

Here's a model of a Mustang I've been working on and off throughout the week.

Texturing it took the most time out of everything, and I'm not really happy with how the cockpit came out. I probably could have done it faster/better if I had laid out the UVs more appropriately. Still, I'd say it's pretty good for a first effort.
HMHM, i like it! As you say, the cockpit is a bit off, but otherwise it's actually pretty good. c:

You mean you don't know how to use the three seashells?
Of course i do, i just...

don't have

the other two i guess??

there's one reference i wasn't expecting to see

also here have the ELDRITCH BOWLTM

Alas, the glazing fucked up a bit, but ELDRITCH BOWL.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:03:20 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7793 on: September 24, 2016, 03:14:59 pm »

I have borrowed a Wacom Intuos 3 from my brother, and I am in love. Still getting used to it. Hence parts of it being messed up, also because I'm rusty.

This is a DnD character for an upcoming campaign my group is doing. Tess the Touched, a catfolk cleric (minmaxing? Oh no sorry, I'm allergic) of luck and magic.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: September 24, 2016, 04:24:36 pm »

Tess' legs are too far apart. It looks like you just drew the robe without sketching a body, and don't really know what's under there.
Horizontal and just below the ribs is a really strange way to wear a belt.
I think the tail should probably be visible.

The entire outfit just seems a bit too simple for a character named Tess the Touched.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7795 on: September 24, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »

That, and the spine is veeeeeeeeery stiff for a cat-like being. :v
All that said, cool to see you getting hold of a tablet, Arx! Considering that you're still getting used to it, that's a pretty damn good effort you've put forth there. My first tablet-y things were horseshit. :P

also speaking of pencil-like tools i finally got my shit together and drew a thing

Spoiler: boansurpint (click to show/hide)

Less badass than it looked in my head, but hey, it's there. :U (... and now i realize i forgot to draw teeth on the far side of the mouth, fml)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7796 on: September 24, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »

That's pretty freakin' sweet Shookheim.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7797 on: September 25, 2016, 01:36:29 am »

Tess' legs are too far apart. It looks like you just drew the robe without sketching a body, and don't really know what's under there.

There is actually a skeleton under there. The problem is more likely my intermittent skill at perspective, especially where legs are concerned.

Horizontal and just below the ribs is a really strange way to wear a belt.
I think the tail should probably be visible.

The belt is a little high. I'm okay with the angle, personally, since the pouch isn't heavy, but I can see where you're coming from.
I may or may not have forgotten about the tail. >_>

The entire outfit just seems a bit too simple for a character named Tess the Touched.

She's a (possibly slightly cracked) mendicant. It's supposed to be on the simple and practical side.

That, and the spine is veeeeeeeeery stiff for a cat-like being. :v
All that said, cool to see you getting hold of a tablet, Arx! Considering that you're still getting used to it, that's a pretty damn good effort you've put forth there. My first tablet-y things were horseshit. :P

Mess up on the implementation. I knew you would say that, and planned a curved spine, but it ended up straight.

Boansurpint looks good. Might look more like you'd envisioned it if it had a bonier body?

Thank'y'kindly for your criticisms, both of you. I do appreciate it, even when I make excuses. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: September 25, 2016, 07:41:16 am »

HONK!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: September 25, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »

HONK!

I see your clown and raise you an antag

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 845