Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256044 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8445 on: April 21, 2017, 08:33:39 am »

JOPAX YOU GLORIOUS BUTT

Now i want to see banana weapons in For Honor. :v
Also that mecha is baller as fuck, nice job bro!

colored version of the worldmap. still not sure on the climate distribution, i tried my best i think

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That little island in the bottom is hella unrealistic but dammit i want to see that in reality. My plate tectonics knowledge is rather rusty, so i can't speak for exactly how realistic the map is, but overall it seems believable, so that's cool. Colouring that ocean has to have taken forever, kudos on having the patience for that. :P

This is my snakeyfish

Ooo, swooshy! I have a soft spot for swooshy things, and the lighting's on point, so how can i not like this? :v

Spoiler: Study Intensifies (click to show/hide)

What even is water. Why are bushes a thing. The git gud grind hurts, man.
The mountains in the background are very nice, but m8, there is one thing i would really like to see from you, and i'm going to put it bluntly: plz shaed less with low opacity black and white brlrglblg. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, you didn't use straight black for the mountains, and it looks really good that way. Now, i know working methods are very different, but don't be afraid of using solid colours for shading, you can smooth the borders afterwards. Allow me to deploy an example banana due to Jopax influencing my mind:

Exactly what brush/opacity you use isn't that important (i used pressure sensitive on the left, fixed 50% on the right, i personally find it nearly impossible to mask the thousands of brush strokes with the former), it's more about deliberately picking the shades you use. I'm a lazy shit, i only picked three shades for the banana up there and interpolated between them, but apparently it kinda works. :v

also here have a dog

Edit: also possibly relevant info: Shadows tend to be bluish (well, predominant ambient light colour, really) and desaturated, midtone is the most saturated colour, and light is also desaturated and tinted towards the source of light.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:42:14 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8446 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:58 am »

You're correct, and just made me realise I completely forgot to colour some of the shading*. Some parts are probably a little bit your eyes deceiving you though, because a lot of the highlights are quite a light blue and a lot of the shadows are ruddy. Some of them aren't, though!

Feedback much appreciated!

* My current workflow for shading is to work mostly in values and then work the colours later. I forgot the second step.

Edit: Finally got to sit down and start the next piece I've been wanting to do for a bit. Back on the git gud grind, since I'm clearly not gud.  This one will make Comrade Shook happy! :P

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:12:40 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Trench Dog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voice Acting Samples and other things, check out my soundcloud too!
« Reply #8447 on: April 24, 2017, 06:14:22 am »

Some arts n farts related to Dorf Fortress.
http://comradecrimson.deviantart.com/art/Dodrin-and-the-Dragon-618192035
http://comradecrimson.deviantart.com/art/The-Sorrow-of-Rivers-Dwarf-Fortress-670054910

Images if you want to view it here, stories related to them on the pages though.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: April 24, 2017, 03:17:14 pm »

From
To

Improvement?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: April 24, 2017, 03:27:40 pm »

Can I see the reference for that? The nose is still off (it's shifted way left and inside the face) but it would be easier to redline if I had a comparison.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:13 pm »

I picked it mainly for the eyes. Very intense.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: April 24, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »

I would recommend drawing a wireframe over top of the reference, then drawing your own wireframe head, and then finishing by drawing the face over your second wireframe.

Trying to draw what you see directly onto blank paper is laudable, but ... trying to do so with faces and no construction sketches really is hardmode.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:14 pm »

Proportions on the face are way off, the nose is longer than it should be. The left side of her jaw is also going in a somewhat wrong direction. The eyes are kinda messed up too, mainly in that you drew what you think they look like instead of drawing what they actually look like. Lots of people struggle with that, myself included. The trick is to observe, don't draw the eye as an eye, draw it as a collection of lines, values, colors, or something else that applies to the medium in question. Look for the relations of the lines and curves, how values give it form when there aren't any lines to be seen. It's a hard habit to break and requires practice and study, like, loads of it.

Listen to what Nirur says, draw the general shapes of the head, where the eyes and nose go and how they relate to each other. Once you get the big shapes correctly in place the rest of the stuff will be easy to fill in afterwards.

In my sketch news, got a new sketchbook, started off on a bit of a monstruous note, also was forced to use proper pencils since I ran out of pencil leads for a couple of days. That was both fun and annoying at the same time.
Spoiler:  Not polyp man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Kinda fungal bro (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: April 24, 2017, 06:45:12 pm »

The only thing I can really add is, when I transitioned from only linework to thinking in shapes, forms, and values things got a lot easier for me. Even five minutes of rough rendering on a sketch will make worlds of improvement for your self-analysis and refinement.

Also negative space. Holy shit, negative space is important.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8454 on: April 24, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »

Man, i keep forgetting that negative space is even a thing that needs to be considered. In my own defense though, i'm rarely ever trying to actually be artsy and/or convey any subtle-yet-meaningful message with my doodlings. :v

also Jopax those are some slammin' monsterbros that i would hate to exchange hostilities with in a dark alley (but i guess they might just be externally hideous with a heart of gold, in which case i would gladly exchange fist bumps)

also your pencilmancy is admirable and the detailing is superb

i don't know why i'm stuck in lowercase mode but here have a noodle

Figured i had to do SOMETHING to make up for how horribly misaligned my previous thing was. :v

the background arm bothers me sfjsgkdgfsyg
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8455 on: April 25, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

@Dwarfy It's definitely an improvement! But listen to the other fine folk too.

@Jopax Nice! Not polyp man is a little bit noisy, though. His head and shoulders are a bit indistinct.

@Shook Very nice noodle, but his pipe might be stuck through his lower jaw, which would be painful.

Pretty happy with it for a first time ever.

Still a very messy WIP.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: April 25, 2017, 02:05:29 pm »

not bad.

i made some race studies, want to derive from the dwarf/elf/orc tropes.

and first fictional country i design, thinking the flag was a bit hard honestly. didnt want to make it too familiar.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:14:53 pm by xaritscin »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: April 25, 2017, 06:05:34 pm »

Arx, is that an animated SVG? Whoof!

There's some blinky artifacts here and there, but it looks nice! I also rather like the little animal-mask-hat :3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8458 on: April 25, 2017, 10:08:30 pm »

That is Katia fucking Managan with a big fucking sword and I cannot be convinced otherwise.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8459 on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:04 am »

Arx, is that an animated SVG? Whoof!

There's some blinky artifacts here and there, but it looks nice! I also rather like the little animal-mask-hat :3

Just a boring old .gif. SVG is probably worth looking into, though. I was just going for hat, but that's part of the fun of silhouettes, I guess.

That is Katia fucking Managan with a big fucking sword and I cannot be convinced otherwise.

It does look a lot like Katia, now that you mention it.

@xaritscin I like the elephant people!

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 845