Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256825 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8745 on: August 17, 2017, 04:34:25 pm »

Everyone starts off incompetent. Getting any level of skill takes years and work, just like anything else worth doing.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: August 17, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »

As in, a thread for yourself, or a thread for everyone?

As in I would do a thread of one of my (dubiously termed) arts a day, in order to reassure the actually artistically talented people they are in fact good and should do a webcomic.

You can pitch in too. There will be no bounds of bad unplumbed.

I have been doing this on my own since January 1st, kind of offline, and haven't bothered to publish it. Would be glad to participate, as I'm subscribed to this thread and I have been seeing the enormous progress of its active participants.

EDIT:

Well, here goes nothing: a few creatures I have drew during the last months.
Spoiler: Medusa-like critter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Phoenix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tortoise (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squid against whale (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Watercolor doggo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:41:42 pm by Valtam »
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: August 18, 2017, 03:02:05 am »

Awesome! The inkings remind me of Renaissance prints of fantastic beasts. Like this. Very cool style/subject matter.
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:47 am »

Wow, those are brilliant.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: August 18, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »

Yeah, you're not eligible for the shitty art a day thread.  Those remind me powerfully of the old monster manual illustrations. I love them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8750 on: August 19, 2017, 07:17:37 am »

Awesome! The inkings remind me of Renaissance prints of fantastic beasts. Like this. Very cool style/subject matter.
i concur with this and i love it

Also re: improving slowly, can confirm, it takes a while, and it is particularly difficult to see your own improvements. If you go at it intensely and with great dedication (like, 2-3 hours of practicing relevant things every day), you're obviously going to see results MUCH faster than a slowpoke like me, but in any case, if you're having fun and you're trying to do better each time, things will happen. The latter is pretty much what i've been doing, and while i'm not exactly a magic tier artist yet, i have reached a point where i can't deny that progress has been made. The example that i like to use, which i've probably also used before in here, is this dragon (drawn 4 years ago) versus this one (drawn 6 months ago). I still have no fucking idea how i got to this point. :v

also i doodled a dude in a cool pose

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8751 on: August 19, 2017, 03:59:41 pm »

The thing is, like, trying really hard and exhausting yourself doesn't always make you better. And there are people out there, more than a few webcomic artists to be sure, who can draw the same terrible art over and over for years and don't get better, so it's not just practice either.

Like Shook said, you really need to learn to have fun and find that thing that makes you happy when you draw it. You have to love yourself and the things you are capable of making. Learn to compare your art to other people in a healthy way that doesn't make you miserable. Copy other people's art (but NEVER pass it off as your own and ALWAYS give recognition to the people who inspire you), take their technique and make it your own.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:03:02 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: August 19, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »

love yourself and the things you are capable of making.
rip me
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8753 on: August 19, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »

love yourself and the things you are capable of making.
rip me
You'll get there in the end.

Doesn't help that you talk yourself down at every given opportunity, but you haven't given up yet so you'll be fine.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8754 on: August 19, 2017, 07:24:57 pm »

Doesn't help that you talk yourself down at every given opportunity, but you haven't given up yet so you'll be fine.
Having been in that hole myself, i can confirm that it does bad things to your self-esteem. Sure, i still self deprecate nowadays, but mostly because it amuses me, not because i actually believe i'm a slow and lazy shit (well i am objectively lazy and absent minded, but that's not really something that bothers me). It just doesn't feel right to toot my own horn at every given opportunity. :v

But yeah, reiterating what GUNIN said, you gotta try to accept your creations for what they are at the time, accept the flaws they have, and try to learn from those flaws. I'm not gonna pretend that i love how everything i make turns out, i've had plenty of things where i thought like "this went terribly", and even one case where i just flat out deleted the entire thing because i hated it so much. It happens, it's fine. Try to figure out WHY you don't like the outcome, and don't you fucking dare say "because i suck". It's something about the drawing itself, and since you now have it before your very eyes, you can scrutinize it and figure out what went wrong. Then, you can either experiment and try to fix it on your own, or look up how other people do that thing, or some other thing i can't think of off the top of my head. I personally lean towards the former, but either way works. Just don't settle on "i don't like this" for everything, that won't get you anywhere.

Also, make sure to reward yourself by taking note of the things that went well. It can be rough to only look for all the bad things, because that might instill a belief that you only make bad things. That is rarely ever the case, and no you are not the rare exception.

I actually have a convenient example ready, even though it wasn't made for this purpose; i'm gonna spoiler it for size.

So tl;dr observe and identify. Actually fixing the drawing is optional, it'll work just as well to employ the knowledge in future works.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:26:34 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: August 20, 2017, 02:07:15 am »

bruv is this a spot the differences puzzle
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #8756 on: August 20, 2017, 02:09:09 am »

I've been putting more work into Sugar Bunny. File saving/loading is just about playable, with an icon palette for help marking which saves are what, a file deletion mode, and 20 slots for saving (instead of the original single file slot).

Of course the gif isn't the actual framerate of the game, that'd just be cruel.

Spoiler: Sugar Bunny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:11:10 am by Noyemi K »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8757 on: August 20, 2017, 02:24:50 pm »

Ooo that is looking mighty fine! I quite like how you can select different little icons for the saves, it's those little touches that make games extra neat. c:

bruv is this a spot the differences puzzle
Ugh, why did i even TRY. Oh well.

also here have a thing i drew for Toribash

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: August 20, 2017, 02:31:46 pm »

I was making a joke by the way, I get the message. :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8759 on: August 20, 2017, 02:48:56 pm »

Quickly hacked together with extensive abuse of the symmetry tool to do legwork, which is why the lighting is weird as hell if you think about it too hard. I had an afternoon to paint a Pathfinder character portrait.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 845