Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256247 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8835 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:56 pm »

Spoiler: 6-8 minute speedpaint (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slightly refined (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8836 on: September 27, 2017, 01:48:53 pm »

I really like those colours actually, nice and saturated! Also nice touch with the yellowing at the brightest spots, looks neat.

also here have a classy skeleton

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: September 27, 2017, 02:47:40 pm »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: September 27, 2017, 02:49:03 pm »

Definitely atmospheric.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: September 27, 2017, 06:03:56 pm »

Working on the cover for my NaNoWriMo novel. I'm not great with masking layers in Krita but I think I've got this is okay shape while still being readable.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8840 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »

Working on the cover for my NaNoWriMo novel. I'm not great with masking layers in Krita but I think I've got this is okay shape while still being readable.

Hey that looks pretty good!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: September 28, 2017, 07:50:44 am »

So I drew this piece of fanart for Kruggsmash's awesome Dwarf Fortress Let's Play Series, Steelclutches, and he not only featured it in the latest episode, but also said that it's basically an inspiration for that particular...well, he calls them "parts" but it's effectively like "seasons". Go and watch it, it's amazing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8842 on: September 28, 2017, 07:36:52 pm »

Ooo, awesome, congrats on the prominent feature! A spot well deserved, you got some cool lighting going there. :)

also ANGRY CHEF DRAGON

YOU BURNT THE FOOD SO NOW YOU SHALL LEARN HOW FOOD FEELS ABOUT BEING BURNED
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8843 on: October 01, 2017, 02:35:54 pm »

I made an Inktober 2017 thread, for those interested. Also gonna post at least my first day here since it might be the only one/

Spoiler: Moon Rabbit (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8844 on: October 01, 2017, 11:26:25 pm »

CC from Code Geass being tempted by pizza.
Done for an art trade with my friend Jenga.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #8845 on: October 02, 2017, 09:15:03 am »

I haven't been in in a while because I installed Win10 and didn't want to bother re-logging into all my sites. However, I bring goo tidings

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8846 on: October 02, 2017, 01:26:37 pm »

Spoiler: Rough Portrait Values (click to show/hide)

I'm rusty and this is ugly.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8847 on: October 04, 2017, 01:28:07 am »

* BadLemonsXI face desks keyboard.
Thoughts?
Been meaning to reply to this for a while now:
- I'm the wrong person to comment on this first one.
- Pretty good. Anatomy works, proportions are OK, the clothes look good. Her bangs look awful, they don't even look like badly cut bangs they're just far too square and the gaps are too big between them. If it was a more cartoony art style it might work but here, no. This is a great start, the next step is to start varying your line weight. If you can figure that out your art will start improving immensely.
- Looks like a dude from Bob's Burgers, copied the art style perfectly if it was intentional. See above complaints about line weight. I can't tell if he's wearing a shirt or not because you didn't completely draw his shirt collar.

Perspective is good and the values are excellent. His hair needs a little more volume at the back to but that's just a personal thing I think. His shirt makes his neck look too short, I think that's just wrong. There's some edge highlighting on his right cheeck but we don't really see that on the rest of his face.

This is something I see in a lot of your work and I don't mean to be rude, but a lot of your stuff is very blurry and unrefined and it makes your work feel unfinished. Have you noticed this and if so do you mind if I ask why you always stop painting at this stage?

I haven't been in in a while because I installed Win10 and didn't want to bother re-logging into all my sites. However, I bring goo tidings

I didn't know you did tablet sketching! Your colors are always great and you make such cute characters. Seriously I am so in love with your art.

Ooo, awesome, congrats on the prominent feature! A spot well deserved, you got some cool lighting going there. :)

also ANGRY CHEF DRAGON

YOU BURNT THE FOOD SO NOW YOU SHALL LEARN HOW FOOD FEELS ABOUT BEING BURNED
Yes! Such clean! Many refined lines! You should try a transparent background on pieces like this where you just have a solid color background. It'll show up better on different site themes (and feel more finished, to me at least, there's something nice about clean and crisp art with transparency, like a fresh sticker).

---

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:31:45 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8848 on: October 04, 2017, 02:52:17 am »

Perspective is good and the values are excellent. His hair needs a little more volume at the back to but that's just a personal thing I think. His shirt makes his neck look too short, I think that's just wrong. There's some edge highlighting on his right cheeck but we don't really see that on the rest of his face.

This is something I see in a lot of your work and I don't mean to be rude, but a lot of your stuff is very blurry and unrefined and it makes your work feel unfinished. Have you noticed this and if so do you mind if I ask why you always stop painting at this stage?

Thanks for the feedback. In this case the piece is blurry and unfinished because it's a rough values study. In most other cases, it's either because I was working quickly (I haven't had enough time for art of late, sadly) or an intentional stylistic choice.

I usually try to work on details in a focused fashion; so, taking the above as an example (which is terrible in some ways because it's all rough), his eyes and nose have far more detail than anything else. The rest of his head is picked out in some detail, and the rest is sketched in because it's not the focus. It conveys what I'm trying to communicate (he's wearing a suit) without holding the eye longer than necessary with tiny little gribbles. It's obviously more extreme here because everything is sketched in on some level.

I also have a mild dislike for photorealism. I think striving for it is a healthy stage all or most artists should go through, to develop a strong understanding of form and anatomy, but I don't think it's an inherent good. WLOP's style is one of my favourites, for instance (although I only discovered them recently - a couple of weeks ago).

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8849 on: October 04, 2017, 07:28:31 am »

Yes! Such clean! Many refined lines! You should try a transparent background on pieces like this where you just have a solid color background. It'll show up better on different site themes (and feel more finished, to me at least, there's something nice about clean and crisp art with transparency, like a fresh sticker).
THANK MUCH

I actually keep the white background mostly because it provides a consistent backdrop for the lines; forum themes vary a lot, and i feel like thick black lines don't look as good when the background is too dark. It is, however, a very easy fix!

Hooray for layers. :v (also displays the spots where i failed to close the outline completely, gg me)

THICCBOI

Lines and anatomy are looking good, even if reality would object to any human having a colossally padded arse without the upper body being similarly padded. But, reality also doesn't have angry chef dragons, so screw reality. :v

---

Also i was absent mindedly browsing through the depths of my own gallery (AS ONE DOES, RIGHT??), happened upon this thing from 5 years ago and thought like "man i had a hard time with that t-rex, i wonder how well i'd do today??".

Spoiler: NICE CUP OF T (click to show/hide)

Well, it was certainly easier. I might also be developing a soft spot for giving t-rexes stick arms. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 845