Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1262216 times)

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8850 on: October 04, 2017, 06:14:28 pm »

I didn't know you did tablet sketching! Your colors are always great and you make such cute characters. Seriously I am so in love with your art.

---

I don't really "sketch" anymore so much as laying straight inks and then colour.

The boy's anatomy bothers me, not really the proportionality terribly much (though it is way over-exaggerated in a way that's not really my taste) but it looks like his left hip is way out next to his right knee as he raises his leg, and his hands aren't interacting with the surfaces and objects they're suggested to be near. It looks very stiff and though I know you were going for "thick", he's shaped more like my 42 year old mom than a femboy.

Re: "shaped" femboys, I DID do this earlier in the thread:
New music

Also artwork:
Spoiler: Bunny with a gun (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: October 04, 2017, 06:26:51 pm »

man, it's gettin's super L E W D in here.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8852 on: October 04, 2017, 07:39:37 pm »

actually doodled to make fun of one of my Shadowrun GMs but it works here too
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8853 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:13 pm »

I didn't know you did tablet sketching! Your colors are always great and you make such cute characters. Seriously I am so in love with your art.

---

I don't really "sketch" anymore so much as laying straight inks and then colour.

The boy's anatomy bothers me, not really the proportionality terribly much (though it is way over-exaggerated in a way that's not really my taste) but it looks like his left hip is way out next to his right knee as he raises his leg, and his hands aren't interacting with the surfaces and objects they're suggested to be near. It looks very stiff and though I know you were going for "thick", he's shaped more like my 42 year old mom than a femboy.
I'm not sure why you acknowledged that the proportions are exaggerated and then go on to deliver the backhand with the mom comment. I'll give it to you on the hips and right hand, I got lazy with the anatomy and the shadows.

Edit: However, I honestly thought that his left hand that's tugging the stocking was fairly grounded, and I don't really see that the pose is stiff at all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:56:56 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #8854 on: October 05, 2017, 09:31:47 am »

It's hard to explain "stiffness" in a drawn figure but it's a problem I used to have a lot. It's usually a mix of excessive, unnatural posture elements such as holding arms at weird but possible angles, hands looking 'snapped' into place grasping an object, framing that cuts off enough of the figure that you never get a good idea how it was meant to be constructed.

The pose looks stiff because of his hands just sort of nebulously occupying space near the objects and clothing he's supposed to be interacting with, and the posing of his legs existing without respect to the perspective of the rest of his image or the "action line" formed by his spine. If his hands were changed to give more defined, natural positions and you fixed his hip, it wouldn't look nearly as stiff because the posing of his arms, torso, shoulders, and neck are quite natural.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8855 on: October 05, 2017, 11:05:26 am »

The pose looks stiff because of his hands just sort of nebulously occupying space near the objects and clothing he's supposed to be interacting with, and the posing of his legs existing without respect to the perspective of the rest of his image or the "action line" formed by his spine. If his hands were changed to give more defined, natural positions and you fixed his hip, it wouldn't look nearly as stiff because the posing of his arms, torso, shoulders, and neck are quite natural.
Ohhhh okay, I think I understand what you mean now by stiff. Also, apologies for acting so offended in my last post, I want to make it clear that your criticisms are super on point, I was just being a salty boy.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #8856 on: October 05, 2017, 03:45:12 pm »

No problem. To be fair, it's tough to take criticism and I'm not very good at it myself these days.

For today's contribution, I've decided to take a break from GameMaker to work with just a framework instead, since it's more friendly to my code efforts:

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: October 05, 2017, 10:05:32 pm »

No problem. To be fair, it's tough to take criticism and I'm not very good at it myself these days.

For today's contribution, I've decided to take a break from GameMaker to work with just a framework instead, since it's more friendly to my code efforts:

What is that framework called, I wonder?It's totally LOVE, isn't it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: October 06, 2017, 07:35:39 am »

nvm
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:07:53 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #8859 on: October 06, 2017, 12:01:51 pm »

Yeah !  o:
How'd you know?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8860 on: October 06, 2017, 02:10:24 pm »

I was reading about LOVE and somehow it seems like it'd be way more fun to dink around in than Gamemaker or Unity.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: October 06, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »

Yea, but it's strictly twoplayer unfortunately.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: October 06, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »

Yeah !  o:
How'd you know?
It's generally my first hunch when people talk about using a framework instead of a full-fledged engine.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: October 07, 2017, 06:43:27 am »

nvm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:03:28 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: October 07, 2017, 08:48:11 am »

mostly naked ... femboy ...  "stiffness"

Thread going to uncomfortable places.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 845