Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1255052 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9135 on: January 15, 2018, 09:07:33 am »

That seems to be the appropriate expression for a dorf. :v

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMMMMMMMMMMM

The smudging needs some more practice, but you got it pretty nicely on the rightmost snowy mountain. From what i understand, smudging is generally to be used carefully, as it's otherwise going to be plenty obvious that it's used uh... Everywhere. There are some places where the texture it gives is perfect, but it just doesn't work for everything. That said, the motives you have going are really cool, so i'm looking forward to seeing more. c:

Shook, I feel like your digital work might benefit from a bit more focus on line weights. You do it on paper, but it seems to have been lost in translation. :(
Yeah, true, but the problem is that i chiefly base my line weight on the shading (dark areas get heavier lines etc), and with the digital style i'm using, it's rather tricky to change line weight after the lines have been placed, and i typically don't think of shading until after i've more or less finalized the lines. Admittedly i could benefit from at least doing it based on distance, but i'm kind of a lazy shit when it comes to changing pen size. :V

also introducing a quick doodle that i ended up liking

Spoiler: legsnek (click to show/hide)

I'm almost starting to enjoy pencil more than digital. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:05 am »

I'm still trying to get the hang of digital arts. Not that my pencil work is much better.

It feels like I'm fighting the tablet sometimes, so the smudging is my poor attempt to either blend colours or hide my preliminary outlines without getting rid of them completely.

Anyways, hopefully this isn't too bad. My art marks aren't stellar.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: January 15, 2018, 12:09:14 pm »

Spoiler: legsnek (click to show/hide)

Fight him? What he gonna do, bleed on me ;v
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9138 on: January 15, 2018, 03:44:05 pm »

what he's gonna do is FIGHT YOU OF COURSE

I'm still trying to get the hang of digital arts. Not that my pencil work is much better.

It feels like I'm fighting the tablet sometimes, so the smudging is my poor attempt to either blend colours or hide my preliminary outlines without getting rid of them completely.

Anyways, hopefully this isn't too bad. My art marks aren't stellar.
Ooo, cool scene! The smudging is much more subtle here, and that makes it look a lot nicer to me. As for struggling with the tablet, trust me, that's just a matter of practice. At some point it'll basically become second nature, and then you don't have to worry about hiding little flaws (which you shouldn't be doing anyways).

and here's where i'd normally post a doodle but it turned out terribly so you'll have to make do with this silly little animation i made to explain to people what caev means

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9139 on: January 15, 2018, 03:57:33 pm »

Kinda reminds of near a tomato. Good.

It's one of the more anime things I have painted. It does have a bit of a NieR vibe, but I don't know how much extra you're noticing it because of the title. :P

@Flyme Your Ash Lake looks good! My one tip would be to try to make use of more of your available range of values - most of that is down in the 50% black or more range, which makes it look same-y at a glance. If you made the mist/clouds whiter, darkened the lake a little, and brought the tree up more into the midtones I think the composition would be a lot more striking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: January 15, 2018, 04:09:06 pm »

Well hey, if it call it an automaton and it looks like a light-haired lady in a dress with a sword, you know where my mind's gonna go. ;V

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: January 15, 2018, 10:26:22 pm »

i have no idea why i made this dude but he sure does exist now, i guess. (he unfortunately lost his left eye, partially to my vision going blurry, partially to the fact this was more something to keep me occupied versus something i wished to complete)

Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: January 16, 2018, 12:07:40 am »

i have no idea why i made this dude but he sure does exist now, i guess. (he unfortunately lost his left eye, partially to my vision going blurry, partially to the fact this was more something to keep me occupied versus something i wished to complete)

Dude o_o Long time no seeee! Your dude looks awesome too by the way. It's like I'm staring at the finished product of a well designed character. Just without color! :D
(Heya Tech! Wishing you well there \o/)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: January 16, 2018, 12:13:53 am »

hey! its been a while, but im nothing if not absent for long periods of time :') i hope you're doing well too and thank you very much for the compliment
i'd color him but paint is not very merciful
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9144 on: January 16, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »

I took the advice and improved the sprite.

Looks better I think, but I'm still a bit iffy on how to highlight and shade properly.  I'm trying to make it look like a hooded robe, but it doesn't really seem right for some reason.  Looks too much like hair or a hat.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9145 on: January 16, 2018, 02:21:42 pm »

It's because the highlight on the top of the head is so big. It makes it look like there's a flat surface there. Try reducing the highlight a little. It's starting to look pretty good, keep it up! :D

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: January 17, 2018, 12:51:50 pm »

Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: January 17, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »

Oooh, that looks like the art from Darkest Dungeon.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9148 on: January 17, 2018, 05:22:51 pm »

It does! Too many visible eyes to truly be that style, though. Still plenty to be proud of in that piece in spite of that. ;)

also floofnoodle

This is swordnoodle's mom. I tried giving her a flowy-wispy appearance to go with the fact that she's the most powerful air dragon out there. :v (also note: the above is not her TRUE FORM(tm), it is a cleverly downplayed disguise)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9149 on: January 17, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »

So ehm, after working on my pages, I felt like I needed to have a break, so I started a bit of chill drawing, to work on my anatomy a bit and try new things

Also have a little WIP for color, still quite early
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 845