Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 711

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 562251 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #10395 on: January 11, 2019, 03:04:29 pm »

So...

Speedpaint ladies

and

Page 66
I suppose you missed the whole thing of me thinking that fapping was the noise a keyboard made when being typed with.
Current project : Mong Kima
Commission me

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • A fitting fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: January 11, 2019, 03:47:29 pm »

Seems that Blue has yet to learn that dodging is a better use of time than talking.
The madness of this hatter is not to be understated.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10397 on: January 11, 2019, 03:56:06 pm »

I keep telling that to my dorfs, but they insist on debating the value of commerce when blades are flashing around them
I suppose you missed the whole thing of me thinking that fapping was the noise a keyboard made when being typed with.
Commission me

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: January 12, 2019, 08:18:28 am »

Woot woot its the sound of the DS. Yer I don`t know.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:21:27 am by BadLemonsXI »
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.

No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
§Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG§

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: January 13, 2019, 02:01:20 am »

I like it!  If it looped a little better, it would make good background music for a peaceful, quiet desert village...y'know...hypothetically speaking :P

That was a very good idea, so I decided to do it. Except I also moved it to a major key, made it 1/24th slower, and made some minor edits throughout to make the new key work, because I felt like it should be a bit cheerier for the desert town, since it's a relatively happy place.
Here's the remixed version, although it's twice its actual length because I was trying to get the looping to not have an audible disconnect while also transferring it between .wav and .mp3 using two different programs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iFzlkTRl-CqxKwrGAu0kSmWpz7pm-nd_/view?usp=sharing
Hope it still works pretty well.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you can't stop like me.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #10401 on: January 13, 2019, 06:20:44 am »

I'm not a music expert, but I noticed that it suddenly sounds a lot less "deserty" and went on an Internet journey to figure out why.
It seems that Middle Eastern music has a minor scale relative to Western music.

This raises a whole bunch of interesting questions related to music theory.  Do Easterners percieve "happy" and "sad" music in the same way as Westerners?  Does minor key music sound ominous to Westerners because it resembles Arabic music?  A bit of research suggests that music perception is a lot more subjective than I thought, though the reason for these perceptive idiosyncracies is not well understood.

Of course, using the same melody with different styles is a great way of tying areas of a game together.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: January 13, 2019, 09:25:41 am »

A little pixel art of my World of darkness character.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.

No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
§Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG§

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Forum... game? Hunt monsters! Commit, I mean, fight crime! Bully Melissa into wearing funny hats! The only ISG run by me.
I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Here I stand / To turn and face the odds
Sacrifice myself / Not bow to lesser gods

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: January 13, 2019, 12:58:34 pm »

I'm not a music expert, but I noticed that it suddenly sounds a lot less "deserty" and went on an Internet journey to figure out why.
It seems that Middle Eastern music has a minor scale relative to Western music.

This raises a whole bunch of interesting questions related to music theory.  Do Easterners percieve "happy" and "sad" music in the same way as Westerners?  Does minor key music sound ominous to Westerners because it resembles Arabic music?  A bit of research suggests that music perception is a lot more subjective than I thought, though the reason for these perceptive idiosyncracies is not well understood.

Of course, using the same melody with different styles is a great way of tying areas of a game together.

I looked at the link, and yeah, Arabic music often uses (sort of) minor scales, although the scales they use are separate from American minor scales. I guess G sharp minor is just more reminiscent of them than the major scale I used? I donít suspect that minor key music sounds ominous to listeners because it sounds like Arabic music (mostly because some minor key stuff still sounds ominous and also doesnít sound Arabic at all), but yeah, music perception is fascinating (try listening to 4í33Ē, optimally in a concert, and some of the more experimental jazz or industrial).
Either way, it seems like most of the music people associate with deserts is minor key, based on some very brief research. I donít know about what actual desert cultures played, since it seems like what most people think of as desert music isnít even close to a complete set of what desert based cultures actually played.
Iím not entirely sure what to do for the town because of this, since I prefer most town music to be a bit more upbeat, especially in the case of this town, which is just generally a pretty cheerful place. Not sure how to handle that alongside the need to make it deserty to the average listener. Any advice?

Yeah, repeating melodies really does bring a soundtrack together (a good example of this is Deltaruneís soundtrack, which uses the same set of a handful of notes in a majority of songs).
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you can't stop like me.

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: January 13, 2019, 02:57:40 pm »

The whole day was killed by a young lady, and she never worked out. Instead of her from a digital clay, a man grew up who sarcastically smiles at me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should have been a picture of this lady.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:(

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10406 on: January 13, 2019, 06:18:25 pm »

Your men are great too ! You should draw more men

Also : update on page 67

I will reach page 100, or die trying.

Also, my first silicon molds finished to curate ! One of them is pitch perfect, the second is...eeeeh. MAYBE workable. Tomorrow I'll try and mold the first soldiers of my fearsome 25mm recycled milk bottle army.

And if it works, the next step is to start making my own models in clay and build myself a custom W40K army for zero euro
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:23:12 pm by Cathar »
Commission me

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: January 13, 2019, 06:48:58 pm »

I guess I can post stuff here. Been looking to broaden my posting horizons a smidge. These are mostly related to a story I'm working on. I'm no marvel, but eh.

Sometimes you don't get to pick your friends when you were already a friendless jerk. And no amount of vodka can erase the fact DJ's best friend is a guy who wears wizard robes and neon 80s shutter shades.

What's in the glowing metal tube?

Best Girl, of course.

Amas is judging you.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10408 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:05 pm »

You're actually pretty good and I like the theme of your work a lot
Commission me

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • A fitting fang
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: January 13, 2019, 07:02:14 pm »

There is a certain unique beauty to a girl holding an automatic weapon, standing next to a sign listing ammo prices with one of the prices crossed out and "out of stock" written over top.
The madness of this hatter is not to be understated.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 711