Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1257643 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #10530 on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:34 pm »

I also appreciate how realistic those choppas on the left side are, i feel like simple and solid weapons like that often get overlooked in favour of flashier fantasy designs.
D'aww, thanks! I do love playing around with blade geometry. The shapes of ancient killing-sticks make me happy.

That sneak-lizard has potential it does.
-------------------------

My graphics tablet arrived in the mail today, so I've been spending the past few hours playing around with it. The experience is... intoxicating.  :)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #10531 on: April 19, 2019, 01:12:44 pm »

All looking good!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10532 on: April 19, 2019, 08:03:34 pm »

Little WIP of page 84

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #10533 on: April 20, 2019, 03:08:47 pm »

Next step: Violence to make the women free too. :V

My graphics tablet arrived in the mail today, so I've been spending the past few hours playing around with it. The experience is... intoxicating.  :)
I like this lil' doodle, sworddorf has a good pose! Can also confirm that tablets are delicious. Also, fixed the title. ;o

That sneak-lizard has potential it does.
Eyyyyy thanks! This means the refinement hasn't been in vain. c:

Spoiler: lines n shit yo (click to show/hide)

Mostly i'm just bothered that i forgot to line up the feet properly, but eh, not a biggie for once. Also bonus things:

Spoiler: pizza delivery dragon (click to show/hide)

I'm only almost sorry for posting so many sketches, but i like sketches, so it doesn't reach past the point where i'm actually sorry. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #10534 on: April 21, 2019, 10:47:08 pm »

Just a little something we got done this week that I'm proud of for Demon Legend: I hooked up some air-backdash movement tech for our second character.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: April 22, 2019, 12:38:13 am »

Portraits of D&D party for a game I'm DMing - first timer, which lead to accidentally setting the first dungeon dive to "Dark Souls" instead of "Medium" for a bunch of level ones, but a misinterpretation of the rules and a little help in the form of a stash of healing supplies lead the party to survive.

Homalis, Elf Rogue who had the worst two in-game hours of her life in that dungeon, this is a more worksafe version. Because among the many things that made that late afternoon one of the worst in that elf's life, she got volunteered in exchange for some info on what was left in the dungeon. She resolved to try and castrate the bandit instead, and, well. She flubbed that roll and made good on the promised payment instead.

Marii Divosa, racist grey elf warlock, silently sniggering at the party rogue's expense. She is the aforementioned warlock. She has a fancy rapier named Cayicata that deals 1d8 poison damage along with its regular stuff, so she isn't completely worthless in melee.

Charple Sizzles the sorcerer, also known as "Blisters" and "The Human Callus," with his new dwarven shortsword Zirilzes (to counter his horrible strength and dex, it deals an additional 1d6 fire damage so he can at least contribute in fights in tight quarters.)

Both Charple and Marii's melee weapons were rewards for the dungeon, because their default melee weapons made them worse than useless once things got up close. I'm sure they'll be insanely broken for early on, but later I'm sure they'll be cursing these weapons and asking them to stop sucking so much.

And Leon Vetten, Fighter and DMPC. The party was too fragile with three squishies and I didn't want to force anyone to reroll, so I filled the tanky melee role myself. Goblin Slayer eye thing will probably be nixed, though he does act in a bandit-centered version of that character, with a much larger sword.

I've also been making tons and tons and tons of custom tokens for the campaign.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #10536 on: April 22, 2019, 02:57:56 pm »

Mostly I needed the image for something, but it was also a neat exercise in picking which lines to preserve and so on.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: April 24, 2019, 11:39:09 am »

Somewhat difficult to provide context, but here's a picture I painted in about 20 minutes in Painter last night using pastels for a stylistic approach.  It's kind of an undead sapient horse deer from a game I'm running for a friend.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: April 24, 2019, 04:02:57 pm »

no mercy, no fear, no donuts

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: April 25, 2019, 12:50:42 am »

Starting a rapier, though I don't know how I'm going to do the hand-guard yet. I think I might also make the blade wider, but I don't know either.

Also, low poly table and higher poly tankard.

Eh, screw it; Tankard handle rapier:

Still not sure if I should change the blade or the hilt; the blade is a bit thin, and the hand-guard seems to have a lot of spare room.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:32:52 pm by BlackFlyme »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: April 26, 2019, 09:12:44 am »

Another work in progress. The party resolved to take a rest in the now-vacated bandit camp.

Left to right we have Worgi the worg (the product of a critical animal handling check in the boss room,) Marii Divosa, Leon Vetten, Charple Sizzles, and Homalis. I'll probably replace the stock fire circle there with some random brick chunks and lengthen out Leon's sword so it looks the proper size.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10541 on: April 26, 2019, 02:32:27 pm »

Starting a rapier, though I don't know how I'm going to do the hand-guard yet. I think I might also make the blade wider, but I don't know either.

Still not sure if I should change the blade or the hilt; the blade is a bit thin, and the hand-guard seems to have a lot of spare room.
Blade thickness looks fine, depending on the role of the weapon consider making the blade 6 or 12 inches longer though since it looks just a bit short for a sidearm. I think you should get rid of that disc near the pommel, I think that thing would bump into your wrist if you wanted to extend your arm completely (say, if you wanted to lunge).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #10542 on: April 26, 2019, 03:23:11 pm »

Yup. An olympic fencing sabre, whilst only tangentially related to actual weaponry, has a strongly tapered guard so that at the butt end it's essentially just a strip of metal the width of the guard, stuck to the pommel to hold everything together. It's also probably too close to the grip in front, although it's hard to tell, and I suspect the grip is too flat - at least in modern rapier, you actually lay your thumb along the handle, not wrapped around gripping like a club. Looks like that'd be a bit uncomfortable.

You may be wondering what the heck is going on. I don't blame you! I'm not too sure myself, but a friend provoked me into drawing a crossover of some Duelyst characters with the Mob Psycho 100 Body Improvement Club. Yeah.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: April 26, 2019, 03:27:52 pm »

Look through some pictures maybe? You can find some nice reference for rapier hilts and whatnot here.

-------------------
Spoiler: Alfred the doodlecat (click to show/hide)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: April 26, 2019, 09:18:06 pm »

Alright, some changes to it, and some textures. The guard isn't connected to the bottom of the handle any more. It's also few inches longer; it should be within real-life measurements, but probably still a bit on the shorter end, if I'm understanding Blender's measurement system correctly.

Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 845