Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1256210 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #11445 on: July 11, 2020, 01:46:32 pm »

No one's posting? Okay then.

What have I become
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Certain Strik3r has shown interest in portraits...

hehehe i did mean my real-real face when i made that comment, not the character i use as my avatar, Iris. Not that i mind, its a lovely picture, great work. Im not really in any kinda hurry to reveal myself to the world though, im a pretty private individual, in fact most dont even know whether im a male or a female :P. Im a walking goddamned mystery, and i like it this way.

Oh, fun facts about Iris: Not named after the flower originally, but the part of the eye, instead.  Has 3 different iterations/ forms: The one i use as my avatar, the original. OatBF fan character form (im pretty sure i have a picture somewhere, though my 3D stuff is currently a real mess) and the Hyporious(not a thing yet, its supposed to be a webcomic) form, which is much different. I don't think i've ever shown a full body shot of Iris, again my 3D stuff is a mess. Irises are my favourite flowers, particularly the blue kind.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: July 13, 2020, 10:54:36 am »

Well, since it's pretty slow over here I guess I'll re-post my Thob drawings:
Spoiler: Thob and the Dead City (click to show/hide)
Comments and critiques welcome.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: July 13, 2020, 11:29:12 am »

Well, since it's pretty slow over here I guess I'll re-post my Thob drawings:
Spoiler: Thob and the Dead City (click to show/hide)
Comments and critiques welcome.

I like your style, its rather distinctive, reminds me of old cartoons or comics i used to read as a kid.

You want some critique? ask and ye' shall recieve, just dont blame me if you dont like what i have to say :P

The tree leaves in the first image stick out, and im pretty sure they're just a bunch of the same image stamped repeatedly... how close am i? Theres a trick to making that less obvious: Rotate and scale the image, its the same trick games use for large forests, many have just a few tree models(trees are hard), but they rotate and scale them so that they appear different.

Shading is a pain, but its a great way to show structure and form of things, though its okay if your style intentionally omits it for well... style reasons.

My brain is having a bit of difficulty seperating the foreground from the background in the last image.  I know its supposed to be a window, but it looks like a painting. Some deal in the first image, i know Thob is supposed to be in the background with his tree, but i cant shake the feeling that he's floating. A good trick here would have been to have a part of the foreground in front of the background, like the monster's wing for example, even a small part of the wing.

Also Thob needs some new poses, lol.
(Take everything i say with a grain of salt, i dont draw or paint, but i am a 3D modeler who does some (rather well recieved) renders.)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: July 13, 2020, 06:59:19 pm »

First time back on the bay12 forums for... well, literally months.

A quick sketch of one of my characters: a 6'10 woman cursed by a crocodile spirit and having a great time
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: July 13, 2020, 07:04:37 pm »

Let go of your humanity. Become reptile.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: July 13, 2020, 08:28:25 pm »

She looks pleased as punch. I would too if I gained the ability to bite through solid steel and blink sideways.

10/10 would curse self again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: July 14, 2020, 08:31:33 am »

Going to take cues from Paradox games, various fantasy and sci-fi works, history, and a game in a very similar setting that I once ran. I could explain more about the setting if you'd like?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #11452 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:35 am »

I must say it's not immediately obvious how it's going to be played, but i like the design of the "cards". For some reason, i have a soft spot for the neon green edges. :v

First time back on the bay12 forums for... well, literally months.

A quick sketch of one of my characters: a 6'10 woman cursed by a crocodile spirit and having a great time
are you telling me i'd become buff if i got cursed by a crocodile spirit

hold on imma find a haunted swamp

Good character! You pulled off the bulky strong look quite well, and she radiates a lot of confidence. Quite solid proportions, too!

also i've been a bit low on doodling but here have a few things

Also super thanks for your kind words even if i'm a dumbass who forgets to respond! I've also been on vacation for two weeks, only drew the nutshot while there. :V
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: July 14, 2020, 06:13:14 pm »

You want some critique? ask and ye' shall recieve, just dont blame me if you dont like what i have to say :P
Don't worry, I'm fully aware I'm an apprentice in the art world, and your critiques are on-point.

The tree leaves in the first image stick out, and im pretty sure they're just a bunch of the same image stamped repeatedly... how close am i? Theres a trick to making that less obvious: Rotate and scale the image, its the same trick games use for large forests, many have just a few tree models(trees are hard), but they rotate and scale them so that they appear different.
Yeah, it's one of the GIMP vegetation brushes. I think I only added it as an afterthought, since I didn't want to put too much detail on the physical sketch. I did actually rotate/scale a few times, just not a lot.

Shading is a pain, but its a great way to show structure and form of things, though its okay if your style intentionally omits it for well... style reasons.
It's partly stylistic, in that I like to keep these simple - I'd do more shading, but 1) it's difficult to get right, and if it's wrong it just looks worse; 2) it takes a while, and these already take me long enough - I think the town picture took ~8 hours. Once I can work a little faster, I'll add some detail.

Also Thob needs some new poses, lol.
Action shots are not my strong suit, much easier to screw up proportions and whatnot. But yes - he needs something to do with his hands.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: July 18, 2020, 01:43:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:59:10 am by dragdeler »
let

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #11455 on: July 19, 2020, 06:27:45 am »

I

uh

what just happened, i am direly confused

uhh

doodles

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: July 19, 2020, 07:59:58 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:39:03 am by dragdeler »
let

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: July 19, 2020, 08:12:52 am »

what just happened, i am direly confused

The trinity is designed to be confounding, and there is few things as blasphemous as a gluttonous orange fascist upholding a bible after clearing the churchground with teargas, so I gave our hippy friend a voice, using the most passive aggressive rambling prayer I've ever heard. They shall get the other cheek in shape of a headbutt.

:___

I don't get it.

The only thing I caught was that Jesus defeated Death and Uncle Sam. What was with the ending? I am rather confused, too!

I'm not sure whether I should be amused, offended, disgusted, or just puzzled.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: July 19, 2020, 08:25:35 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:39:08 am by dragdeler »
let

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: July 19, 2020, 08:44:21 am »

Heh it's kind of an old joke. I won't ruin the video with all my thoughts about every detail, but the video description gives a crucial hint why I felt necessary to take a shot at religious zealots: with god being dead, the night(obscurantism and death), jesus and uncle sam are our new trinity in a post-truth world. Just as in the old trinity their distinctivness is unclear, in a remote way they are one and representing the tug-o-war between the self, the subconscious and the superego.

Yeah it's designed to be confusing and polemic. But I doubt that you in particular should feel offended.

Hey, that's actually pretty clever. I kinda like that.

You see, I am pretty zealous myself, I am pretty easily offended by stuff like this, depicting concepts I respect in a way I don't like. I just needed a clarification  ;).
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 845