Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sabotage! RTD [Hiatus]  (Read 8743 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage! RTD [Turn 3]
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »

Feign weakness. Hope to draw any fire. Regain composure.

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 02:11:01 am »

This looks great so far!
Any room for a 5th? Or is there a waitlist until one bites the dust?

You'd be the sixth, actually. Post your character info and I'll throw you in.

You don't need to say you regain composure; fumbling and off-balance go away automatically at the end of the turn after they appear. On a related note, next turn I will be posting a slight addendum about those to make them slightly less annoying.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:55 am »

Sorry for lateness! Been at a waterpark all day! Great day out, except for the blisters on my feet.

I imagine the conversation between Franz and Ren went like this:

"Sup."

"Not much, just blasting dudes. Wanna blow shit up?"

"Sure."

"Cool."

Take careful aim at that last guy I shot, and headshot him!

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
Turn 4
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 02:45:49 am »

My turn to be late. >_> Had real-life plans that unfortunately took precedence over this. But let us go on!

Rule modification: You only fumble or fall off-balance if your unmodified roll is 1 or 6, not if your modifier brings it down to 1 or increases it to 6. Previously, if you were fumbling and had another mitigating circumstance which gave you a cumulative -2, your chance of fumbling again was a whopping 1/2, possibly more if you had a larger penalty. This modification makes your chance of fumbling merely 1/3 regardless of any mitigating circumstances. This also makes it so that if you ever get an attack bonus, it is not similarly annoying.

Turn 4

In Which Further Zort Ass Is Kicked

Erin laughed crazily at the improbable success of her meaningless stunt.

"Did everybody see that? I'm such a badass! Ahahaha!"

Action: Fire in the direction of the unwounded Zorts!

Amused by the "suaveness" of her stunt, Erin takes aim at a bemused Zort which looks like it hasn't been given a rough enough time yet, [4 vs 1] and makes its day for a total of 3 damage, knocking it off-balance.

"Yeah! Take that, overly cautious Zort fiends!" Hilda screamed, as she leapt at the nearest enemy, nails and elbows flailing, "Nice jumping Erin!"

Engage nearest enemy in melee using the "flying knee face-crusher" technique!

Hilda decides to take advantage of the lack of balance now possessed by the Zort which Erin has just shot, and runs at it, [1 vs 1=2-1] but manages to crush nothing but her own spirit by missing entirely and somehow fumbling with her knee.

Franz introduces himself to Ren before moving on to a better shooting position

Franz moves to a better shooting position and kills some more Zorts.

Franz: "Sup."

Ren: "Not much, just blasting dudes. Wanna blow shit up?"

Franz: "Sure."

Ren: "Cool."

Franz rises slightly above the console and takes aim, coincidentally, at the Zort everyone else has been trying to kill so far this turn, [3 vs 1=1-1], putting it out of its misery as it falls face-first to the ground with a nearly inaudible splat.

Lorren attempts to make himself a bigger target than he already was, [1] but the remaining Zorts appear to be too busy not pissing themselves to notice, plus he was already a pretty obvious target, being the only human in the middle of the room. Lorren puts on a small silly ballet show anyway, sans the grace. He feels kind of pretty.

Take careful aim at that last guy I shot, and headshot him!

Ren takes careful aim at the bloodied Zort, [6 vs 5] pulling the trigger slightly too hard but managing to put a ray in the brainpan, squish! It collapes unceremoniously to the ground.

In Which the Zorts Do What They Probably Should've Done In the First Place

The two remaining uninjured Zorts [5] exchange sober glances, then start backing quickly towards the unguarded door as each fires off a shot at Lorren. [4 vs 1=2-1] [5 vs 1=2-1] Each is a sizzling direct shot to the chest, inflicting a debilitating 7 damage to the already wounded Lorren. Scout needs health, badly. Everyone's comm links beep  five times in a row and highlight Lorren's dangerously low vitals.

Spoiler: Modifier Explanations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hilda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lorren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Franz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:17:38 am by Mortchek »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage! RTD [Turn 4]
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 04:05:03 am »

"Don't let them escape! Lorren, stop prancing around like an idiot and get in cover!"

Blast the escaping zorts! Aim for their legs!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 05:31:26 am »

Not what I had in my most controlled mind...

Perform a combat roll out of my dance, take aim at the retreating zorts along with Ren.

(Suppressive fire)

(To Hilda if administering works): 'Heh, and they said I was here to watch over you...'

((Edit: Sorry for my tinge of stupidity. I will not let this crew down!))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:25:52 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:31 am »

Dash over to Lorren and see if I can administer any first aid. Jump in the way of any incoming fire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 06:23:03 am »

"Nobody shoots my friends but me!"

Action:Tackle one of the Zorts with a flying leglock!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 04:53:13 pm »

To Lorren if administering works:

"Don't worry - as soon as I get a free second I'm gonna need someone to watch over me whilst I set my raygun to megakill! Now, let's kill 'em all!"

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 04:56:54 pm »

Franz starts running at the escaping Zorts, at the same time blasting them with his gun.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
Turn 5
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 02:07:12 am »

Turn 5

In Which Lorren Sobers Up A Bit

"Don't let them escape! Lorren, stop prancing around like an idiot and get in cover!"

Blast the escaping zorts! Aim for their legs!

After quickly reprimanding Lorren, Ren takes aim and [3=4-1 vs 5] hits the floor in front of one of the escaping Zorts.

Not what I had in my most controlled mind...

Perform a combat roll out of my dance, take aim at the retreating zorts along with Ren.

(Suppressive fire)

(To Hilda if administering works): 'Heh, and they said I was here to watch over you...'

((Edit: Sorry for my tinge of stupidity. I will not let this crew down!))

Of course it's not what you had in mind. You rolled a 1. ;)

Lorren [4=5-1] rolls out of the fray to the opposite side of the console from the one Ren and Franz are on,  then [4=5-1 vs 3] singes the shoulder of the escaping Zort on right for 1 damage.

Dash over to Lorren and see if I can administer any first aid. Jump in the way of any incoming fire.

Hilda dashes to the side of her cohort who, ironically, has been the reckless one so far this mission despite his recommendations. She [5] rips off a strip of Lorren's shirt, to his surprise, and fashions it into a rather effective impromptu bandage. Lorren recovers 3 health.

Lorren: "Heh, and they said I was here to watch over you..."
Hilda: "Don't worry - as soon as I get a free second I'm gonna need someone to watch over me whilst I set my raygun to megakill! Now, let's kill 'em all!"

[5] It occurs to Hilda that it is rather strange that the team was sent in without first aid kits, but theoretically they could be called in.

"Nobody shoots my friends but me!"

Action:Tackle one of the Zorts with a flying leglock!

Erin crosses the room, [5 vs 2] locks her arm with the Zort on the left, and brings her legs up to flip its legs out from under it. It is surprisingly weak, and probably won't be going anywhere for now.

Franz starts running at the escaping Zorts, at the same time blasting them with his gun.

Franz runs out from behind the console, gun ablazing, [6 vs 2] and turns the face of the Zort on the right into mush. It falls to its knees, then to its face.

In Which the Last Remaining Zort Predictably Cries For Its Mother

The Zort with which Erin is grappling tries to break free, [1=1-1 vs 3] but fails utterly, instead opting to cry for its mother.

Spoiler: Modifier Explanations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hilda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lorren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Franz (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage! RTD [Turn 5]
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 02:38:46 am »

"Erin, don't kill it yet! You can shoot me later for my stupidity- err, for this stupidity exactly, but we may gain information from the last one. That one in your arms.

"And thanks for the aid. I wonder if my ping device works as a location marker if we need those kits?"

Examine next room then return to team.

"I'll be doing my job."

Edit: Added action: Turn on Ping Device
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:45:42 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 02:43:44 am »

"Command? This is Hilda. I er... I seem to have forgotten the first aid again. Requesting immediate first aid teleportation on my location, over."

Continue administering first aid if possible, switch raygun to megakill if not.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 04:27:50 am »

Don't switch to megakill yet! You'll kill us all!

"Frankly, we don't really need information. Persuade me why I shouldn't just curb stomp it right now."

Curbstomp the pinned Zort if unopposed, otherwise secure the room and take a peek outside the opposite door that Lorren is going through.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 05:34:23 am »

Erin locked her legs around the Zorts neck, and belted out in Zortwoopese "Relax, Zort Scum. If you keep struggling I'll break your neck with my shapely thighs. Not a bad way to go, anyway."

Action: Tell the Zort to stop struggling or I'll break his neck. If he struggles, break his neck. Keep Zako from curbstomping him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4