Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sabotage! RTD [Hiatus]  (Read 8739 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage! RTD [Turn 5]
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 10:10:47 am »

Don't switch to megakill yet! You'll kill us all!

Have no fear: I intend to melee everything that doesn't require megakill. Overcautiousness will be our downfall!

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
Turn 6
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:47 am »

Turn 6

"Erin, don't kill it yet! You can shoot me later for my stupidity- err, for this stupidity exactly, but we may gain information from the last one. That one in your arms.

"And thanks for the aid. I wonder if my ping device works as a location marker if we need those kits?"

Examine next room then return to team.

"I'll be doing my job."

Edit: Added action: Turn on Ping Device

"Command? This is Hilda. I er... I seem to have forgotten the first aid again. Requesting immediate first aid teleportation on my location, over."

Continue administering first aid if possible, switch raygun to megakill if not.

"Command? This is Hilda. I er... I seem to have forgotten the first aid again. Requesting immediate first aid teleportation on my location, over."

Noticing Erin struggling with the Zort, Lorren says, "Erin, don't kill it yet! You can shoot me later for my stupidity- err, for this stupidity exactly, but we may gain information from the last one. That one in your arms."

Turning to Hilda, he adds, "And thanks for the aid." Then to the room at large, "I wonder if my ping device works as a location marker if we need those kits?"

Lorren fidgets with the ping device, finds its power switch, and turns it on as he walks away from Hilda, who is pretty sure there isn't much more to do now than the bandage she already fashioned until the first aid supplies get here. So she looks down at her raygun as Ren eyes her warily, notices the clearly labeled "kill"/"megakill" switch, and [2] tries to flip it, but it gives her a small jolt and she quickly withdraws her hand. Stupid cheap add-ons.

Lorren excuses himself as he [2] stumbles on Erin, who is still grappling the Zort with her legs, and he sheepishly activates the friendly red button on the panel by the door labeled "A2", which clearly serves as an open button. The teammates who are not physically engaged with a Zort turn their heads towards the opening to see a hallway, the same obsidian color as the room they're in, that gradually curves left. Lorren steps through, the door automatically closing behind him, and begins to make his way down it.

Command responds through Hilda's comm link: "This is base, Hilda. We read you. Locking onto the ping device now."

Don't switch to megakill yet! You'll kill us all!

"Frankly, we don't really need information. Persuade me why I shouldn't just curb stomp it right now."

Curbstomp the pinned Zort if unopposed, otherwise secure the room and take a peek outside the opposite door that Lorren is going through.

Erin locked her legs around the Zorts neck, and belted out in Zortwoopese "Relax, Zort Scum. If you keep struggling I'll break your neck with my shapely thighs. Not a bad way to go, anyway."

Action: Tell the Zort to stop struggling or I'll break his neck. If he struggles, break his neck. Keep Zako from curbstomping him.

"Frankly, we don't really need information," says Ren. "Persuade me why I shouldn't just curb stomp it right now."

Erin, slightly distracted by the squirming Zort, [4 vs 2=3-1] locks her legs around the Zort's neck, increasing her advantage, and [3] says to the creature in Zorthwoopese, "Relax, Zort Scum. If you keep struggling I'll break your neck with my shapely thighs. Not a bad way to go, anyway." She thinks she might have got the word for "shapely" wrong, as it sounds much like the word for "watery", but the Zort clearly gets the idea and stops struggling.

Ren seems prepared to curbstomp the thing, but Erin raises her hand to stop him. He backs off and goes to look for ways to secure the room. [1] He heads over to the console to see if handles room security, and accidentally hits a button on it of whose function he's unclear. It begins to pulse red. "Uh-oh," he says aloud. He quickly heads over to the other door hoping he didn't just summon security, the rest of the team still in the room eyeing him skeptically. Opening it in much the way Lorren opened the other door, he looks through and sees that opens into a hallway much like the other one.

[1] Franz whistles obliviously.

Spoiler: Modifier Explanations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hilda (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lorren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ren (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Franz (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage! RTD [Turn 6]
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:43 am »

"Damn it! What's wrong with this bloody thing! Hilda to Command: Are you sending that First Aid? Any chance you could scan our position for incoming hostiles? Over! Blimey!"

Stow the incoming first aid; switch to megakill.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 04:06:41 am »

"Ok, good news people. Noone this way. We need to move RIGHT NOW, while we can! Erin, kill that thing now, there's no time to question it! Someone get Lorren!"

Quickly head back to the console and hack that thing! Try to redirect the alert to somewhere away from us, preferably somewhere on the other side of the ship.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:26:54 am by Zako »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:08 am »

I was waiting for the First Aid!

And switching to MegaKill.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 04:25:22 am »

Oh, sorry, I misread that! Editing...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:22 am »

Action: Hyper speed Neck break the bugger. His head should fly at least 30 feet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 05:22:12 am »

((So I guess I'm lost?))

"Great, just one room and I see I've lost myself...

"...Is it- wait, yep. Ping is working."

Now only to find my allies...

Relay location to team via comm link, quietly. Find cover in the meantime and examine the current room and any adjacent rooms if the doors are open.

Also, if all of the above fails, eavesdrop on the enemy comm channel and keep vigil or contact base on the status of that first aid!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »

"Right, I'm going to go with Lorren over here"

Go with Lorren

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 06:55:24 pm »

Character a-go!

Name: Connor Dreg
Appearance/Bio: 28 year old man with black hair that's hidden with a light helmet with communications and a targeting system superimposed on his eyes. He also wears combat standard body armour. He's about 6 feet, just under, with a deceptively solid build to him. A man that likes to use gadgets for shooting things or to gain tactical/strategical advantage, he also had a more chaotic side to him, such as exloding things for fun. He trained as a soldier when news of the enemy arriving came, proving himself a solid enough soldier. Seeing that mothership has made him desire to stop this at all costs, therefore, offering to join the team.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »

May join this, looks awesome!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2012, 11:31:16 pm »

((With all you now, either the death rate will increase substantially or we would have some kind of additional support troops. Infiltrators, communications officers, transport marines (First Aid!)...

Who else didn't state their turn? Looks pretty much complete to me  :P ))

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 07:20:39 pm »

((With all you now, either the death rate will increase substantially or we would have some kind of additional support troops. Infiltrators, communications officers, transport marines (First Aid!)...

Who else didn't state their turn? Looks pretty much complete to me  :P ))

I'm sorry, I just haven't had much time for this lately, so right now it's kind of on the back burner. I will try to update the action soon.

Mortchek

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes well on toast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 07:45:54 pm »

Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to put this on hiatus. I don't really have time right now to give this game the attention it deserves and apparently I don't do well with the intermittent forum posting type of games. Sorry to disappoint, but if any of you are still interested later, I might revive it in some form or another.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]