Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a way to reset tile/item/unit temperatures?  (Read 1229 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a way to reset tile/item/unit temperatures?
« on: April 18, 2013, 02:23:24 am »

I pretty much always play with temperature off for FPS reasons, and it's rarely a problem. Earlier today, though, I was doing some obsidian casting, and when I sent my dwarves to mine it, some of them got about halfway out and then evidently decided it was too hot to move. I poured some water into the casting area in the hopes it would get the dwarves going again, but they just started steaming. Turning temperature on causes every miner (not just the ones who got stuck) to instantly burst into flame, so that's not an option.

Ideally I'd like to reset everything on the map to room temperature so I can get things back to normal. Can dfhack do it? Or maybe there's a way to make the dwarves and their items temporarily immune to heat so I can turn temperature back on and let the obsidian cool off naturally?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to reset tile/item/unit temperatures?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:02:23 am »

DFHack might have a command to do it, but I'm not sure on that one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

EpsilonSigma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to reset tile/item/unit temperatures?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:21:25 am »

You can PROBE tiles for their properties, but DFHack can't change temperature or at least I can't find it in the readme.

Maybe you should just let your miners burst into flames and get some new ones.