Fuck no!
- 0 (0%)
I'm fine either way, honestly.
- 1 (25%)
-Completely irrelevant poll option-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: You are Me, Chapter IV: Into Lands Unknown  (Read 124322 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Me
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »

Admit you were outmatched and hope he spares your life.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 03:48:28 pm »

Become older and wiser. Surely the way shall become evident.

Also, you'll have a badass beard.

Seeing that I now not only have Saiyan Toady and his posse to worry about, but also an army of elven future soldiers, it's quite obvious that this fight has quickly gone from bad to bullshit.
In order to discover a way to summon the most epic heroes Dwarf Fortress and(hopefully)turn the tables of the battle, I conclude that I shall need more wisdom than my current age can supply me with.

I then spend the next few moments staring intently at Toady&friends until I feel I have aged a sufficient amount. Being technically older and presumably wiser than I was before, I attempt to think up a good hero summoning technique, yet come up with nothing.
This requires slightly more drastic measures. Everyone seems well done with waiting around, and while I enter lotus position to meditate on my current conundrum, soldiers charge into the crater firing waves of lasers, while the others ready themselves for what will surely be a grand battle.

The last thing I remember seeing before closing my eyes is the kitten taking down a fighter jet, while the beard strangled several soldiers with its tendrils of hair, and the guinea pig man snatching the hammer and swinging it down in an attack that was likely directed at me. Saiyan Toady was spinning circles with his arms out while floating in mid-air. Hard to tell, but it would seem he was pretending to be a helicopter.
Eyes closed, and falling into a deep and sudden meditation, I watch everything that has happened thus far flash before me, all the alternate ways things could have happened, and everything that has yet to happen. I become one with everything, even the flow of time itself. Then, in a sudden epiphany, it is clear what must be done to summon the heroes of Dwarf Fortress.

After what feels like a good ten minutes of meditating, I open my eyes to find myself in a massive circular temple of some sort. Towering pillars encircle it, along with large hanging banners, colored red and black. In the center of this temple, sits Flesh Liberator. How on earth did it get here? And why does my skin seem more wrinkled than before? And why do I have such a long(and incredibly badass)beard all of a sudden??

Admit you were outmatched and hope he spares your life.

As I get up to stretch, I take a moment to think about just how much of a threat the toad man was. If it weren't for my unbelievable strength and cunning(and hyper-powered spearsword), he and his comrades no doubt could have ended my life. If he were here right now, I would have no choice but to tell him that he has certainly been a more than worthy opponent. But he isn't, so I won't.

Now then, what the hell am I supposed to do now?

Name: D.Z.A.

Sex: Male

Badassery Level: MAXIMUM.

Inventory: Pocket lint, 413$, some(very)old drugs.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 10:46:48 am »

Explore Ye'Olde mysterious temple.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:28 am »

Look around for the Toad, and hope he isn't there.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

>SUDDENLY, MAGMA! (Namely, Toady's last reinforcement, who happens to have arrived a bit late)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »

analize your surroundings,

then see various statues with engravings.

including a dwarf-looking elf (cacame) an elder-looking female dwarf (tholtig cryptbrain) a dwarf with a cyan collored sword (aban diamondtowns) a rabbit looking creature made out of fluff, and another dwarf (sodel udir).

with engravings of their names, and what you have to say (including dramatic, yet awkward poses)
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

You forgot Morul Ironblood, Urist the hermit, and the Kobold prince.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

true, I am still yet to read those

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 12:15:22 pm »

I think the ones concerned are One Dwarf Against the World and Kobold's Quest. I don't know the story name about Morul.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »

I don't know the story name about Morul.
Nist Akath.
By Captain Mayday.
Read it.
Bask in Epicness.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »

Explore Ye'Olde mysterious temple.
analize your surroundings,

then see various statues with engravings.

including a dwarf-looking elf (cacame) an elder-looking female dwarf (tholtig cryptbrain) a dwarf with a cyan collored sword (aban diamondtowns) a rabbit looking creature made out of fluff, and another dwarf (sodel udir).

with engravings of their names, and what you have to say (including dramatic, yet awkward poses)

Taking a small walk around the temple, it is clear that this place is ancient. If it wasn't for the masterful architecture, I wouldn't be surprised if it had crumbled into ruin long ago. It is also rather dark, with the only sources of illumination being the glow of Flesh Liberator's engravings, and my own aura.

Along with Flesh Liberator, the long, faded red and black banners, and the massive fucking pillars, the only other things of interest seem to be the many large statues in between said pillars. The craftsmanship is amazing. Lifelike detail, and made from some kind of smooth rock. There appears to be instructions for some sort of summoning ritual engraved onto the base of each one.
Each set of instructions seems to be a little different. But all of them end with something about the opening of a gateway using "The Key", shown as a little engraving of Flesh Liberator.

Look around for the Toad, and hope he isn't there.
After spending a considerable amount of time walking around the temple, and memorizing each ritual, I feel that I am finally capable of summoning the heroes of Dwarf Fortress. I take a moment to look around the temple for the toad man, ensuring that I will not be interrupted by him yet again.

Look though I might, I am unable to find any trace of the toad man, or his companions. After letting out a sigh of relief, I wonder whether I should be happy that he isn't here, or worried that I don't know where he could be.

>SUDDENLY, MAGMA! (Namely, Toady's last reinforcement, who happens to have arrived a bit late)

All of a sudden, I begin to hear the distant sound of something sizzling and bubbling. Only after looking upward and seeing a faint reddish glow through the darkness above do I realize what is going on. Shortly after, liquid hot magma begins to pour through special chambers in the ceiling. Though slow moving, it seems to pour down without end and begins to cover the temple's ancient stone floor at an uncomfortable speed.

I need to think of what to do, before my adventure comes to a very hot and unpleasant end...

Name: D.Z.A.

Sex: Male.

Badassery Level: MAXIMUM.

Inventory: Pocket lint, 413$, some(very)old drugs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:10:06 pm by King DZA »

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Me: Magma Madness in the Massive Mysterious Temple
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »

You find a lever.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 01:25:48 pm »

PULL THE LEVER
which
RELEASES A CLOWN CAR
which
RELEASES THE WATER
which
OBSIDIANIZES THE CLOWNS
and
STOPS THE LAVA

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Quickly, summon the heroes and they will deliver you to safety.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

Attempt to dig deeper, then dig up, using your eyebrows. Magma got no pressure, you'll be fine :p

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27