Fuck no!
- 0 (0%)
I'm fine either way, honestly.
- 1 (25%)
-Completely irrelevant poll option-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: You are Me, Chapter IV: Into Lands Unknown  (Read 124068 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Me: Magma Madness in the Massive Mysterious Temple
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »

You find a lever.

Climbing up one of the pillars to avoid the now slowly rising magma, I notice a lever hidden on the back of it. Odd, but convenient nonetheless.

PULL THE LEVER
which
RELEASES A CLOWN CAR
which
RELEASES THE WATER
which
OBSIDIANIZES THE CLOWNS
and
STOPS THE LAVA

Seeing as my options are pretty damned low at the moment, I conclude that the best thing to do is give the mysterious lever a pull. After a few suspenseful moment of waiting, I begin to see a lot of thrashing and splashing about in the shallow magma pool below, followed by screams and roars of unspeakable horror. Well that can't be good.

Before long, demons clowns, ascending from the very pits of hell, begin to rise up from the magma. And, being the excellent judge of character I am, I'd say they probably aren't very friendly.
Then, just as things are looking pretty hopeless, a flood of water rains down from from different special chambers in the ceiling. Before the hell-dwelling fiends have time to react, the magma around them solidifies, encasing them in obsidian as the temple is filled with the loud hissing noise of water colliding with the magma pool.

I guess the lever must have controlled the magma flow as well, because it has finally stopped pouring. This temple just gets stranger and stranger....

Quickly, summon the heroes and they will deliver you to safety.

Of course! I almost forgot about why I'm here in the first place. Time to summon up some heroes! Unfortunately, the instructions on the statues made it clear that the spearsword, which I have so lovingly named Flesh Liberator, is required to open some special gateway. The spearsword that is currently half submerged in freshly cooled obsidian. Well, damn. Looks like my plan for summoning the heroes of Dwarf Fortress has been halted yet again.

Unless...

Attempt to dig deeper, then dig up, using your eyebrows. Magma got no pressure, you'll be fine :p

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glad you could make it (click to show/hide)

Focusing my badassery into my extraordinary eyebrows, I hop down from the pillar, and face-plant directly onto the newly-created obsidian floor, cracking it in all directions, including downward.

The good news:
Flesh Liberator can now be easily removed from the broken obsidian. Which will at last allow me to summon the heroes of Dwarf Fortress.

The bad news:
The power concentrated in my eyebrows was so great, that I also created a crevice all the way down to the very bottom of hell. Which the demons clowns seem very thankful for as they once again begin to crawl their way up to the surface.

I consider digging upward, but realize that would only be possible if I could find a way to reach the ceiling.

Regardless, I should probably think up my next course of actions, before the clowns try showing me a few tricks...

Name: D.Z.A.

Sex: Male.

Badassery Level: MAXIMUM.

Inventory: Pocket lint, 413$, some(very)old drugs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:45:58 pm by King DZA »

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile

give them the drugs! they should die or at least be poisoned by incredibly aged drugs.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile

Dive into the huge crevice, falling through hell and through a glowing pit.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Do what you came to do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Do a Walt Disney and make the Demons reflect on their actions and choose the morally right action, and join you on your quest to doing what you came to do.
Failing that, stab stab, eyebrows, stab, stab.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

give them the drugs! they should die or at least be poisoned by incredibly aged drugs.

After some quick thinking, I swiftly pull out the aged drugs, and fling them at the clown horde. Most of the drugs have become so ancient, that they have almost entirely lost their potency. Others, however, have been fermenting in my pockets for so long that their smell alone could knock out a small to medium sized animal.
Due to the relatively light weight, many of the drugs simply fall to the ground a couple feet away, having no effect on the clowns. Luckily, one member of the hell horde becomes intrigued by the strange scent originating from some of them, and decides to pick them up off the floor and try them out. Moments after ingesting the drugs, the clown begins to scream in fear, and starts to run around frantically, he must be having a really bad trip.

To my surprise, seconds later, the drugged clown is freaking out, and starts to attack his confused brethren. He manages to make a small dent in their numbers before being swarmed by his kin. The drugged clown is a strong one. It should take a while before the rest of the horde can completely subdue him, which should buy me a little time.

Dive into the huge crevice, falling through hell and through a glowing pit.

Seeing as I now have a few moments of relief from the currently distracted clown horde, I can think of no better way to spend it other than diving directly through hell itself! Taking a few steps back so that I can get a good running start, I consider whether I should go for a double flip, or a swan dive while making my entry into hell as I charge toward the crevice.

Do what you came to do.

"Wait!", I exclaim, stopping inches away from the crevice to hell. I nearly forgot my purpose for being here yet again. I've come this far in my mission to summon the heroes of Dwarf Fortress. I need to take care of that before I do any sort of hell diving.
I hastily run back to the center of the temple, pull Flesh Liberator from the shattered obsidian, and initiate one of the rituals. I get pretty far into it before I am interrupted by the unpleasant sensation of a clown's claws slicing through my flesh, I then look over and notice two things:

1) The dismembered body of the drug-curious clown.

2) The clown who has just left some rather deep claw wounds in my upper arm.

I quickly jump away to distance myself from the clown, only to realize that I am surrounded by them. Clowns, of all different shapes, sizes, and materials encircle the center of the temple.

I ready myself for a dramatic last stand against the inhabitants of the underworld. When suddenly, an unusual thought pops into my head. Perhaps this time, fighting is not the answer...

Do a Walt Disney and make the Demons reflect on their actions and choose the morally right action, and join you on your quest to doing what you came to do.
Failing that, stab stab, eyebrows, stab, stab.

"I will not fight you.", I proclaim, sticking Flesh Liberator into the ground. The clowns look perplexed for a moment, then simply shrug it off and begin to run toward me. I quickly pull Flesh Liberator from the ground again and aim it at the clowns closest to me. "Hey, back the fuck up! I'm not done with my speech yet." The clowns growl and snarl, but grudgingly keep their distance.

(Music, to set the mood)
"Look, I know that you're all a bit angry at me for obsidianizing some of your friends, and turning one of your fellow clowns against you, I understand. But without me, you would have never escaped that eternal prison in the first place. now I know that you are demons clowns and all, and that there's probably a good reason why you were locked down there, But I also know for a fact that people can change. I can see, inside each and every one of you, that you have the potential to do so much better.

You've spent all of your existence bringing torment and pain upon others, and for what? What has it earned you other than a place in that godforsaken hellhole? You know as well as I that it doesn't have to be this way. I don't think any of us truly need any more needless suffering in our lives, do you?
Now then, you can either strike me down right here, losing several dozen of you in the process. Or, you can make the choice to let go of your anger, to let go of your hate. You can choose to change, redeem yourselves, and be saved from the tormented life that I know you have all grown tired of."

I slowly reach my hand outward toward the clown horde. "Join me, my friends."

Everything goes silent. Some clowns simply bow their heads, others struggle to hold back their tears, but no one says a word. After a little while, a clown of incredible size, clearly one of the toughest here, steps out from the crowd, and approaches me. We both stare at each other for a few moments, before he grabs a hold of my hand, nodding slowly.

I give a faint smile, then look to the rest of the horde, "Now, who's ready to summon some heroes?". The clown horde erupts in a wave shouts and cheers. "good, let's get started."

(Music, for added atmosphere)
I start picking suitable clowns out from the horde, and begin instructing them on how to perform the given ritual. "man, it's a good thing I have them to help me with this", I think to myself, realizing how long it would have taken to summon each hero on my own. "With the help of the clowns, I will be able to summon them all in a fraction of the time!"
A clown stands in front of each statue, matching the hero they will be attempting to summon, As I stand in the center with Flesh Liberator, prepared to open the gateway when all is ready.

One by one, the clowns preform their respective ritual. Flesh Liberator growing stronger with each one completed. The rest of the horde stands by to provide support and cheer us on. Once the final ritual is finished, the clown gives me the OK, and I get into the proper stance, Flesh Liberator glows with untold intensity, so much so that it almost burns too much to hold. It is time.
With one swipe of Flesh Liberator, a tear in reality is opened, it shines with colors indescribable in the English language, and before long, the heroes emerge.

Legends, from all across Dwarf Fortress, now stand before me, many with armor and weaponry of amazing quality. Each known for their own amazing feats, they look at me only for a moment before realizing they are surrounded by a mass of clowns. Readying for battle, I quickly try explaining to them that the clowns are not their enemy before a small war breaks out. They don't seem very eager to trust me, but after noticing that I hold Flesh Liberator, they slowly lower their weapons.

I lead everyone over to the hell crevice. "This is it, my friends. The next step in our adventure lies at the very bottom of hell itself". Everyone looks rather confused. The clown are hesitant to return, and the heroes still have little idea just what the hell is going on. "I know it seems a bit odd, but you're going to have to trust me on this.", I say reassuringly. "Now then, ONWARD!", I shout, hopping down into the crevice. Not knowing what else to do, the others follow.

As I descend, the screams of tortured souls, and visions of unspeakable terror flash by. I look down, and see that I am rapidly approaching a glowing pit of some sort. I have no idea what will happen when I pass through it, but I have the demons clowns of hell, and the heroes of Dwarf Fortress on my side now. Ready to face any challenge this existence can put before us. No matter what happens, it. Will .Be. EPIC.

Name: D.Z.A.

Sex: Male.

Badassery Level: MAXIMUM.

Inventory: Pocket lint, 413$, Flesh Liberator.

Spoiler: The End? (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: You Are Me: Heroes, Hell Dwellers, and a Freefall Through the Underworld
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

OH MAH GAWD I'M CRYING TEARS OF BOILING GOLD  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »

the eerie glowing pit quickly solidifies!
but you plant your face so hard on the ground it breaks.
you are unconscious.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 05:42:37 pm »

New chapter.

Summon the clowns and heros of DF, FINALLY, and attempt an attack on Toady himself.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2012, 06:11:42 pm »

To be honest, from the suggestions already given, I've already been able to think up a pretty damn epic beginning for the possible new chapter. However, whether or not it's ever written depends on the poll(chances are looking pretty good right now, but we'll see).

I plan to leave the poll open for a couple days, enough time for everyone who cares to be able to vote. But regardless of whether or not the adventure continues, I feel that this little tale you guys helped me create has earned a spot in my signature.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2012, 06:17:49 pm »

When you wake up, everything is in ASCII.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »

Also, where is the extra option completely unrelated to the topic to vote for? D:

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2012, 06:26:47 pm »

Also, where is the extra option completely unrelated to the topic to vote for? D:

*gasp* You're right! No worries, I'll take care of it immediately.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »

Hey, why is no option for those of us that like chocolate milk better!!!
 >:(
Homogenist.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »

Because I'm bias toward the delicious pink substance containing both healthy amounts of Vitamin D, and excessive quantities of artificial strawberry flavoring.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27