Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn XI  (Read 9551 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century! Signups!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 11:59:03 pm »

Wait what. How did I miss this?

Waitlist me, or I'll try to get an actual character in a bit later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:01 am »

This looks like it could be extremely entertaining. I'll take a seat on the waitlist, and sit back to enjoy the show.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44:00 am »

Well I'm proud of myself. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 02:52:38 am »

Please waitlist me.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 04:13:53 am »

Alright then, the players are - micelus, as THE PREACHER! Dwarmin, as THE SPY! Theiofdreams, as THE WOODSMAN! lawastooshort, as THE SURGEON! And vagel7, as THE MONSTER HUNTER!

I'm going to be tweaking the Surgeon a bit, though. I have enough social+ classes already, so that will have to go.

Others are waitlisted, though Irony's background makes me cringe. I'm not going for that ridiculous here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:19 am »

I'm going to be tweaking the Surgeon a bit, though. I have enough social+ classes already, so that will have to go.

That's ok, got a bit carried away. Maybe more scholarly or something? I don't mind being social- :)

Awesome, though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:09 am »

Others are waitlisted, though Irony's background makes me cringe. I'm not going for that ridiculous here.
Sorry, but once I had the idea I couldn't not do it. You could handwave it as "plus someone owed someone a favor" if you'd like. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 05:03:14 am »

Shove me
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
in the waitlist  :D

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:20:09 pm by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:37:33 am »

It is the year 1806, and the War of the Fourth Coalition looms near on the horizon. In the French garrison camp at Jouef, near the what was once the border, the war is the last thing on their minds. Rather, the troops are fascinated by the strange ragtag group of five men and women that has been admitted to a meeting with Jean-Baptiste Duval, the camp's disgraced commander. These five could not look less like the Emperor's agents even if they tried, yet they carry his seal.

---

Chapter I: The Secret Campaign

Jean-Baptiste Duval regards you with a resigned glance, more focused on the mirror in front of him than the bizarre group at the entrance of his tent. He continues shaving his youthful features with careful, meticulously planned movements. This continues in silence until d'Oberlin, perhaps the most official-looking of the group with his neat appearance and doctor's diploma, coughs politely to regain his attention. Duval sighs and puts down the razor.

'This,' he says, picking up a sealed envelope from the table, 'is utterly ridiculous.'

He moves over to survey the group closer, frowning deeply. 'Who are you people? I thought this was some kind of joke by my superiors until you actually showed up. No, don't tell me. The less I know, the better. That way I can just pretend this never happened. Most bizarre orders of my life.' he says and strides back over to his desk, rummaging through the drawers and then checking the files on the table. From the bottom of a pile of paperwork, he procures a sealed envelope with the Imperial seal.

'Here you go. I was told to give it to you.' he says, handing the surgeon the envelope. 'Do you have any questions? By God, I hope not.'

You are inside the commander's tent. The garrison camp continues on all around you, soldiers going back and forth on their business.

---

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Theifofdreams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: vagel7 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:51:22 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Bonaparte's Hounds - Monster-hunting in the 19th century - Turn I
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 07:53:51 am »

I would suggest that perhaps my comrades would like to request some power and shot...

"No, mon colonel, that will be all, unless my companions here have any requests? Now, if we could be provided with somewhere to rest for the night?"

Open the envelope whilst asking:

"What exactly were your orders, colonel?"

Discuss the envelope's contents with my comrades when we can be sure we aren't overheard.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:21:44 am by lawastooshort »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:20 am »

Alexandre notices that the commander has absinthe and all the needed tools to prepare the drink.

"Can I make myself a drink?"

The commander giving an approving nod, Alexandre starts preparing the drink while speaking.

"Don't you believe in supernatural beings, commander? They are very real, very dangerous and your god won't be much help against them."
Pointing at the cross that the commander is wearing. Taking a sip from the glass of absinthe that Alexandre prepared he shows the commander the cross of the dead. "This would be of much more help, it is mine though."

What's our task good doctor?

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:19 am »

Not being entirely sure yet that he believes in supernatural beings himself, d'Oberlin is keen on discretion. Who knows when this officer's good will might be required?

"Come, Aruno. We'll talk about it over something to eat... somewhere quiet."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:21 am »

"Very well then, I think that a nearby inn will do? ALso, commander please tell your men not to nose on our business, it is for their own safety as they don't know how to and they don't have the equipment to fight monsters."
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

Wishing to learn more about what sort of supernatural beasts the group will face, Viktor will attempt to request for Alexandre to perhaps share some of his knowledge with the party once we have our orders.
After all, he knows that any animal is far more of a danger if you don't know about it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 02:03:24 pm »

Regina Boulanger shrugs, her short red-copper hair bobbing along. She wondered if they had sent her on this wild goose chase as punishment?

"The Inn sounds good enough for speaking without being overhead. I'm sharing Commander Duvals feelings, though. It all sounds implausible, the superstitions of farmers grown to a fever pitch.

But, if it were truly nothing I suppose they wouldn't have sent me."

She smiled coldly.

"In any case, pleased to meet you gentlemen-Regina Boulanger, envoy and translator-I can also function as a Diplomat of France if circumstances call for it...

I'm here to report on everything that transpires in our campaign, and assist the mission as I may-my word will eventually go to the hand of General Bonaparte himself, so I would appreciate all your cooperation."

Spoiler:  -Report 1- (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:35:45 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9