Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Tribes:Ascend - Free to play FPS with ludicrous speed  (Read 34752 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes:Ascend - Free to play FPS with ludicrous speed
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:30 am »

I can't play Tribes (I have a Mac, pity me), but why did the ESRB add in that it had partial nudity? I thought this was a shooter, not a gathering of drunken whores at a nightclub.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 05, 2015, 12:05:09 pm »

You're probably looking at the rating for one of their other games; there's nothing about nudity on their ESRB rating that I can see.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:15 pm »

You're probably looking at the rating for one of their other games; there's nothing about nudity on their ESRB rating that I can see.

That's probably it.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 05, 2015, 09:25:07 pm »

I didn't read the whole changelog but the way that they're bringing back the basic 3-class system is a step towards classic Tribes which I like. It's also interesting that they mention adding weapons classes that you can't equip more than one type of at a time, which indicates to me that they're going to be more inventory screen based... like Tribes was.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2015, 01:19:30 pm »

Regrettably now though, my soldier can't go dual spinfusors, so I can't trade my secondary weapon and a perk slot for what was essentially a Twinfusor with higher damage. Also, seeing as weapons are no longer going to be locked into primary/secondary categories, the Spare Spinfusor no longer has any reason to exist anyway ;-; so I wasted that XP.

They got rid of the various hitscan pistols too. I don't know why they did that - their fire rates and damage for those weapons just wasn't worth it without the hitscan capacity, especially because their massive shot spread if you fired them repeatedly.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2015, 02:23:07 pm »

Blast from the past? Remember moving the old games but being unable to play because slow as hack dial-up. Will try. Is there a b12 clan or something?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2015, 02:41:06 pm »

They got rid of the various hitscan pistols too. I don't know why they did that - their fire rates and damage for those weapons just wasn't worth it without the hitscan capacity
If the only decent thing about a pistol is 'hits instantly', you probably answered your own question there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2015, 09:33:09 am »

Playtesting for the new update is now open! You can download it here if you're interested.

So far, most of the feedback has been to complain about invisible snipers with impact nitrons. That, and to complain about the formerly hitscan pistols losing hitscan. I mean seriously, you have a non-hitscan pistol with a clipsize of 6. Why would you even bother.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]