Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Life Is Feudal should be coming out on Early Access next week.  (Read 9197 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Is Feudal should be coming out on Early Access next week.
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 02:21:22 pm »

Soo LiF just dropped down to $24 (40% off) until June 8th

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 02:29:59 pm »

Soo LiF just dropped down to $24 (40% off) until June 8th
Question is, it it even worth that price...?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2015, 02:34:05 pm »

Depends on if you want to treat it like a game or treat it like early access...

I tend to buy early access games when on sale and then when they come out in full I play them.

If you wanna pay for an early access game expecting a full fleshed out thing then no...it will never be worth it and you are probably an idiot for not looking into the state of the game.

I am deciding between this for $24 or the repopulation for $20

The repopulation doesn't have skill caps...which I like the idea of...I hate skill caps because they are usually pretty easy to hit and then your character just feels stuck. Obviously specialization has its benefits and likely is the "best" route to go...but I wouldn't mind being able to switch some stuff up on occasion and try something else without worrying about skills

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

LiF and Repop are entirely different, LiF is not even an MMO at the moment... it's more of a building game meets m&b thing. Unfortunately, even that is a lie as the devs have reneged on their earlier ideas/description and combat isn't actually m&b-like any more... I hear it's more similar to Jedi Academy.

Try The Repopulation, but be wary of another incomplete game with a guaranteed character wipe pre-1.0. Likewise, it's missing a lot in terms of content. All the mechanics are there, but there isn't much to do with the skills that work, and there is RELATIVELY little to craft. Though I will state that it is more promising than LiF to me at this point.

Alternatively, I hear Rising World is ok and ARK should be a nice catch one the polish is applied... they too, of course, are somewhat different animals all together though. Similar games include Savage Lands, The Forest, Medieval Engineers, Planet Explorers, Reign of Kings... all with a lot of alpha/glaring bugs/problems/incompleteness. I've yet to ever find a good MC server to do something like this either. It seems no one can really nail this concept very well, every game like this is either good at being a builder or good at being a game, i've yet to find a game that you can build in and then have fun with your creations and still have a character and missions/plot/etc.

tl;dr
Just stay away from it all.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

lol yeah its a tricky thing to get right...frankly I am not hoping for or expecting perfection...as dumb as it sounds I mostly just want to play a game to craft...and have it be meaningful crafting. Hack and slashing in MMOs make me bored as fuck...mostly because it feels objectiveless...at least with crafting you are making things and working toward better things constantly

I am a sucker for medieval settings too.

I have medieval engineers and Planet explorers

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2015, 05:13:35 pm »

Mortal Online is kind of medieval, but more fantasy themed (races and crazy animals and stuff). It does have a fun crafting system though. I had a good time crafting for a time at release. I eventually quit due to rampant exploiters abusing the crap out of bugs and getting away with it - trade exploits making it nigh impossible to sell stuff as a crafter without being scammed (I settled on accepting payment up front then producing and delivering the merchandise, which shrunk my potential buyers a lot - I mostly sold to murderers in shady out of town deals because for some reason they trusted me more than people in town), armor bugs letting people wear full armor while it was in their bank and thus not losing it to full loot (killing two guys in top tier metal plate by myself and finding their bodies were naked, only to be killed and looted by them on their respawn, still fully geared, put a damper on my enthusiam for the game), etc.

If they have since cleaned up the bugs and exploits (and maybe banned some of the groups that duped vast amounts of resources and stockpiled them) it could be a fun game.

Medieval engineers looks like it might be good too, but I haven't tried it. Space engineers is pretty great.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2015, 04:22:21 pm »

So I just picked this up, as I saw it was on sale.

Anyone else play, and/or have any tips for someone completely new to the game?

Similarly, do we happen to have a server?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »

Don't think so... collect twigs and dig holes and do stuff.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 07:08:26 pm »

Almost one year on the nose.

Been watching this one for a bit and found it half off in the Humble Store

It's definitely not worth $40 but, is it worth $20? I am considering it... Thoughts?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]