Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 911336 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #8715 on: May 26, 2015, 02:21:58 pm »

So opening this one PDF and examining it finds the font used in it is literally called XCOM-Regular in the files, and in one of the website images you can see movie poster assets that are reused from the XCOM maps. If you look closely everyone in the promotion images on the site have snake pupils, and there's a guy on reddit saying there's a building from Toronto in one of the images, and Mega-Primus was built on the ruins of Toronto back in Apocalypse.

Also this got added to the site in a recent update https://downloads.2kgames.com/adventfuture/images/en/ADVENT-CityCenters03.jpg
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:27:11 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: May 26, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »

Yeah, but they're the XCOM dev, why wouldn't they reuse assets for another game?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: May 26, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »

So opening this one PDF and examining it finds the font used in it is literally called XCOM-Regular in the files, and in one of the website images you can see movie poster assets that are reused from the XCOM maps. If you look closely everyone in the promotion images on the site have snake pupils, and there's a guy on reddit saying there's a building from Toronto in one of the images, and Mega-Primus was built on the ruins of Toronto back in Apocalypse.

Also this got added to the site in a recent update https://downloads.2kgames.com/adventfuture/images/en/ADVENT-CityCenters03.jpg
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The font Furtuka is talking about.
Should we go ahead and create a new thread for this,or wait to see if more information is released?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: May 26, 2015, 02:47:09 pm »

Am I the only one bothered by the chemical image in the gene therapy .pdf? Hydrogen doing triple bonds... And those elements in red. I'm sure there is something behind this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: May 26, 2015, 02:59:32 pm »

Am I the only one bothered by the chemical image in the gene therapy .pdf? Hydrogen doing triple bonds... And those elements in red. I'm sure there is something behind this.
Dear citizen, what is more likely, that ADVENT is wrong, or you are wrong?

Maybe it's on purpose?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: May 26, 2015, 03:50:55 pm »

Yeah, but they're the XCOM dev, why wouldn't they reuse assets for another game?

Like the next game in a series, you mean? :P
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: May 26, 2015, 03:51:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The font Furtuka is talking about.
Should we go ahead and create a new thread for this,or wait to see if more information is released?
We should probably wait until it is formally announced in E3. At least so we know the name of the game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: May 26, 2015, 05:19:42 pm »

I never finished any xcom but I'm sure hyped as fuck for a new xcom, please be true, I can't wait to be screwed by RNG!

what I dream in a perfect xcom:

being able to play in a campaign in the alien side in a versus mode

would be amazing
pls

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: May 26, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »

I never finished any xcom but I'm sure hyped as fuck for a new xcom, please be true, I can't wait to be screwed by RNG!

would be amazing
pls

I'm hyped for a new XCOM that isn't dumbed down for people under the age of 25. Streamlining kills games.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: May 26, 2015, 06:18:37 pm »

would be amazing
pls

I'm hyped for a new XCOM that isn't dumbed down for people under the age of 25. Streamlining kills games.
The contentious notion it was dumbed down aside, why the age of 25, of all ages?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: May 26, 2015, 06:21:10 pm »

would be amazing
pls

The contentious notion it was dumbed down aside, why the age of 25, of all ages?

RNG between 20 and 30. Just because, really.

Also due to the demographic being at and below that. Target audience marketing has essentially ruined AAA titles, with only indies to save us from the torrent of dumbed down trash.

Hurr. We can't count so let's remove ammunition/clips/grenades/rocket launchers. Or whatever the excuse was.

Hurr, let's get speshul abillitties leik arc3de lol

Yeah, pass.

GREAT graphics, though.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: May 26, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »

Because having to go back and forth between endless screens for every single person on the mission before launching was never tedious, was it?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: May 26, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

You shouldn't question him. He's clearly too old and wise for you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: May 26, 2015, 06:51:23 pm »

But... the old ways are wrong! All the interfaces are so accessible now!
Black lives matter.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: May 26, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »

This has to be XCOM. There's no way it isn't.
"We are still watching" -> XCom still exists, etc.

Combined with the said asset reuse, fonts, and such mentioned already, there is no way this is not an Apocalypse remake/sequel. I am unimaginably excited.
I'm so excited. So excited. So excited.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 625